Cruising around the other forums...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cruising around the other forums... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on the midmosr.com forum and I came across this thread... http://midmosr.com/showthread.php?p=56786#post56786 I dunno, but I dont think that ...

Cruising around the other forums...

I was on the midmosr.com forum and I came across this thread...

http://midmosr.com/showthread.php?p=56786#post56786

I dunno, but I dont think that is possible. Can someone who is "Prelude" savvy enlighten me.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you'll need to copy/paste the post

you have to sign up for the forum to read the post... and i'm just not upto doing that

i do know a thing or two about preludes though

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick View Post
    you'll need to copy/paste the post

you have to sign up for the forum to read the post... and i'm just not upto doing that

i do know a thing or two about preludes though
    Sorry, didnt think about that.... here it is.

"new black wrx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there I was driving on 63s go home from droping boston off and what slides up next to me in the slow lane...a brand new black wrx.So im thinking to my self ok lets see what kind of top end this thing has. So i put it in third and mash into for a split sec just to see if this guy wants to play, well he did. So i give him the three honks and were off, right off the jump i get a car or two on him and hold him off all the way to 140 were we bloth have to slow down because of traffic. He was gaining on me the whole time but i kept him off. It had to be some of the most fun ive had in a long time."

I was asking on that same thread and he apparently has no boost, but only bolt ons and tuning.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...

lame...

from a roll it sounds possible. Word on the street is the 06+ rexs have a worse top end due to the small turbo and the larger displacement, so if it was a 40 or 50mph rolling race its very possible. At least the guy concedes that the WRX was reeling him in quick. The prelude got the jump if he was doing the honking too.

WRXs are not rolling highway queens so its no biggie. The hondas always wanna 'see what kind of top end' something has because they know their low end is horrible. They wanna show off their Teh Fastar VTEC... lame in my opinion, how often do you drive 50-140?
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 02-10-2007 at 03:45 PM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    They wanna show off their Teh Fastar VTEC... lame in my opinion, how often do you drive 50-140?
    Haha...True, true....

They also said something about the 06's having plastic engine and tranny mounts....Is this true? Should I get some better ones...STI?

a prelude can make some very respectable numbers with simple bolt ons

i wouldnt doubt that a bolton vtec prelude would walk a wrx on the top end

I Support ClubWRX
    Meh, I don't know. They certainly aren't that fast stock, and bolt-ons only add a few horsepower.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I had a friend w/ a bolt on '98 prelude and he kept up w/ a GS-T at the track that was bolt on. They're freeway kings dude. A stock WRX vs a stock Prelude should be in the WRX's favor but if the 'lude was bolt on the WRX was stock i can see it.

That being said, i'm proud to announce i smoked a SS Cobalt last night. He wanted a freeway roll race from 45-80 and i gave him one and then some. He even got the jump.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Meh, I don't know. They certainly aren't that fast stock, and bolt-ons only add a few horsepower.

Bolt on and tuned preludes make some very respectable power and the H22 has some impressive topend. 200whp can be made on such mods and considering the weight sits around 3,000 lbs even this is not surprising.

Anyone who knows Preludes shouldn't be surprised if a bolt on + EM lude takes a stock wrx upto 140mph. Preludes with those mods are mid-low 14sec cars and can trap anywhere from 96-98mph.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 02-10-2007 at 07:01 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

As a matter of fact, when my wrx was stock (for the those first few weeks) it had trouble fending off exhaust modded GSR's and Preludes. With a tune I could easily see them putting some distance on a stock rex at those ridiculous speeds.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a 2000 Prelude before the WRX. Forget quater mile times. It had great road feel and handling on the OEM 16" RE92s. Really. I added 17"s with Pirelli P7000s. It made for even better road manners.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 02-10-2007 at 07:28 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

i just sold my 97 prelude. its the first year of the 5th generation so it still has the h22 engine. i had intake,header,exhaust. it moved, but not like my 06 rex of course. the story could be true, the top end on these engines are very good, and rev high. if you powershift, the car will stay in vtec each gear and its scremmsss. ya i kind of miss it i guess lol. anyone who has/had a prelude knows the tranny shifts amazingly smooth. you cant even feel the shifter vibrate.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.