mr2 crash.... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on mr2 crash.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Found the video here: http://the16v.com/media/video/mr2crash.mpeg Had to laugh when I saw on another forum someone said: "What a great storyline ...

Found the video here:
    http://the16v.com/media/video/mr2crash.mpeg

Had to laugh when I saw on another forum someone said:

"What a great storyline this would be for the "Want to get away" SouthWest Airline commercials."

Do I hear another Darwin nomination?

T.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hmmm

did the words "hit the brakes" ever come to mind?

What a nincompoop...

He did hit the brakes but the car has 205's in the front and 275's in the back...so when he hit the brakes it just skidded the front tires so it would'nt steer...I know I make fun of him everyday that I can about that....but the car has some serious power...when the tires hooked up they were going almost 90 (wheel speed that is not car speed) so it kinda just shot him into the parking lot...the car only suffered like 2k in damage considering what it did...the jetta on the other hand had to get a whole new roof, trunk, rims and tranny...it was automatic and it pushed it through park and the e-brake into the curb on the other side of the lot as you can see....that car is pretty damn sick when it gets into boost...spins in 3rd with no prob (crazy, I miss my civic with 539fwhp)

That video sure didn't look like 600hp. I promise WOT in a 600whp car is a lot more violent than what we saw, especially in such a small car. He should be able to do a 180 without even trying if he's got that much power.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Originally posted by John M
    That video sure didn't look like 600hp. I promise WOT in a 600whp car is a lot more violent than what we saw, especially in such a small car. He should be able to do a 180 without even trying if he's got that much power.
    Umm...if you read FastWRX's post, it says he dumped it in 3rd... I'd say that's pretty impressive if he can get it to break loose like that from 3rd

(peeks back at the post)

That's a little better then. Still, if your goal is to provide a smokey show for the spectators, why choose 3rd? The people watching don't know it's 3rd - they just see it take off just like a stock MR2 could.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Originally posted by John M
    (peeks back at the post)

That's a little better then. Still, if your goal is to provide a smokey show for the spectators, why choose 3rd? The people watching don't know it's 3rd - they just see it take off just like a stock MR2 could.
    I don't believe hitting 3rd was intentional. I thought they said it was an accident.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

link doesn't work
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

He dumped it in 3rd because in any other lower gear the car just hits the limiter and does nothing..makes no show just looks like you are free reving it..it just revs to fast and is cheap...so when he does it in 3rd it gove the car some time to do a burnout...before he left we came in and he got on it in 2nd and busted the tires down the street and all the people were like do it again when you leave so he is like okay and then the accident happened...if you can see the video you can hear the car get into boost before it breaks them loose..in 3rd the car falls out of boost for a second and then the nasty turbo on that car spools up and just anniolates the tires.

Registered User platinum scooby's Avatar
    if he hit his brakes, that could have been the problem. the ass end of the car can swing around quickly if in the right (or wrong) position, but in looking at the video i can't see that the brakes were hit when the car was in a 'critical no brake' position, nor was the driver attempting a curve that would lead me to believe he was past the point of no return on recovery. looks like he was going straight, turned for some unknown reason and lost it. braking wouldn't help in a turn with the mr2. you're better off punching it out of a corner.
    2003 platinum silver wrx
    the only good suv is a dead suv.

RE-LINK!! RE-LINK!!! RE-LINK!!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

Registered User platinum scooby's Avatar
    2003 platinum silver wrx
    the only good suv is a dead suv.

WTLW
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.