06 WRX TR vs Turbo MR2
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 WRX TR vs Turbo MR2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; on my way back to work saw this red MR2 Turbo at the light both of the occupants were looking ...

06 WRX TR vs Turbo MR2

on my way back to work saw this red MR2 Turbo at the light both of the occupants were looking back at me. light turned green went around traffic so at the next light we were next to each other the MR2 was reving so I reved back and waited for the light. did a 4500 rpm launch and took him by 4-5 cars by the time I hit 90-100. the MR2 had at least an exhaust and bov. I thought these cars were faster than that(low 13s). My 06 WRX TR is stock execpt for Kartboy ss/w f & r bushings.
    Last edited by MANZ79; 02-05-2007 at 05:30 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill

They do mid 14s stock and 94-95ish mph. But most drivers i see run 15s, they need pretty much every single bolt on and MBC to run 13s. Plus their trannys are even weaker than ours.
    Martin Jez
    03 bugeye wagon WRB- Cobb stage 2
    87 GN- lots of toys
    04 pathfinder
    93 G20 SR20DET

Quote Originally Posted by MJez View Post
    They do mid 14s stock and 94-95ish mph. But most drivers i see run 15s, they need pretty much every single bolt on and MBC to run 13s. Plus their trannys are even weaker than ours.
    Ahhh, were are you getting that crappy info?? My brother has a 91 mr2 turbo and ran high 12's with an mbc and exhaust.

Oh, and he is now running over 500whp with the STOCK tranny.

Here is a link to his website if you dont believe me...

http://mr2clean.iwarp.com/
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

Oh they can make power, 2 of my friends have MR2s, both blew the trans. With a MBC and exhaust, they never went any faster than 13.4s, which isnt bad. But the motor can make power, iron block FTW, damn thing is indestructible.
    Martin Jez
    03 bugeye wagon WRB- Cobb stage 2
    87 GN- lots of toys
    04 pathfinder
    93 G20 SR20DET

I dunno...maybe my brothers is just a fluke but he is putting down some crazy power and the tranny just takes it. The damn tires will spin until the middle of third gear if he doesnt have the traction control on.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyez_ View Post
    Ahhh, were are you getting that crappy info?? My brother has a 91 mr2 turbo and ran high 12's with an mbc and exhaust.

Hmm that is very impressive with his trans, my ex gf had 2 1991 Turbo MR2s and both of them had synchro problems. I believe they fixed the synchros later on but im not sure if it was 92 or later. Those cars can def make some crazy power, and they are so much fun to drive, she just never took care of either of hers, she sold one that was a really nice black one with the full veilside kit on it and TRD exhaust and wheels and intake and bov and all kinds of stuff, the one she has now still has under 100k on it, its a 1991 red with black leather, bov, hks exhaust, intake, 17s with 235s in the rear 215s in the front, but she doesn't take care of the car at all, has not even driven it in over a year cause the battery died, what a waste.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyez_ View Post

My GOD! That car is so nice. If I ever get an old MR2 I need to talk to your bro! He's got great taste! That engine is unreal! I always thought MR2 trannys were bullet proof. My old 88 mr2 was, but it wasn't exactly a power house either. I (06 TR) just got into it with a 92ish MR2 from a roll. I got him but it wasn't easy. He was in front and I passed him (barely). Must have been a turbo. It didn't look modded though.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

My bro's DD is a 91 MR2. It's a pretty cool car. It's really loud with the engine right behind your head. He was gonna fix his up cause they can be made pretty damn quick, but unfortunately he bought his all messed up. It has a bunch of little problems.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.