wrx vs 2007 skyline GTR
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs 2007 skyline GTR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well first of all I didnt even think this car was out yet.. But man is that car friggin SWEET!!! ...

wrx vs 2007 skyline GTR

Well first of all I didnt even think this car was out yet..
    But man is that car friggin SWEET!!! Sounds awesome too

I'm on my way home and I see up ahead of me what I thought at the time was a nice g35.. So I switch lanes and get behind him.. And to my suprise..It's no infinity.. Its a nice shiny new GTR I pull up next to him and its a guy in his 30's with his 60 something year old dad in the passenger seat.. So I figure what the hell...I gotta see what this thing's got.. And I give it a little boost to see if he wants to play.. Well he takes the bait and whips arround the only car in front of him to catch up..
    Now we are on a 3 lane road with noone ahead and were about to hit a nice red light..Just as we get to the light it turns green and I'm in first gear at about a 10 or so mph roll and I hear him start to get on it. I short shift to second and BOOM!!! My exaust shoots a huge flame just as its at his window is at my bumper.LOL And by the time I hit 4th he's more than 10 cars back.
    Ok so maybe he was scared by the flame and let out maybe??
    Then we hit the next red light and he pulls up next to me and rolls his window down and he and his passenger are both laughing and give me a and tell's me about the" huge fire ball.". All i can say to him is DAMN man thats a nice azz car ...And the light turns.. We both just kinda roll off the line and I wait for him to hit it first and its on again.. First,second,third gear It just got worse and worse for him.. I let off at about 80and he was 15 cars or more back ....Too bad for him...
    But Damn I STILL would have traded cars with him on the spot... Although I thought that car would be much faster...

Ok so I know you all wana know...
    My mods
    03wrx
    2.5 swap/wrx heads
    18g
    and all the mods to support 340whp...

Just thought I would share...
    Last edited by scottd; 02-02-2007 at 11:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

...wait...wait...wait. You raced the new 2008 Nissan Skyline GT-R???? Or the G35....

I'd know about that. But if what you say is true, it could have been in the breakin period....So don't get too happy.

The 2008 Nissan GTR has not came out yet.....We are still about a year away before we see that on our shores. Most likely it was a nice G-35. If it was a GTR then I know the twin turbo v6 would have put up a better race. Good kill though.
    I know you can get the GTR badges through Nissan.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    ...wait...wait...wait. You raced the new 2008 Nissan Skyline GT-R???? Or the G35....

I'd know about that. But if what you say is true, it could have been in the breakin period....So don't get too happy.
    Ok well I'm NOT an idiot... YES it was a skyline GT-R...
    We had a little more conversation at the light than I actualy posted..
    But basicly I asked him to show me what it could do.. He didnt say no...
    I just as suprised as anyone...but there is a spankin new white GT-R running arround south orlando.. Thats for sure....

yeah, the new GT-R is not out yet... what are you talking about???

2007 GT-R does not exist anywhere in the world right now. If it looked like a G35 with a SKYLINE badge, then it was a G35 with a SKYLINE badge. (that is what they are in Japan though, but do not mistake SKYLINE's for being GT-R's...)

It is possible that Nissan Corporate is rolling around in the new GT-R's right now, so do tell if that is what you actually saw.

Orlando

thats my cousins g35 with a skyline sticker

black car ? and yes that was his dad they just got it like 2 weeks ago

u thought u beat a gtr
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I know the Japanese style G35 has SKYLINE badges. That could be it, because I dont see that car to be in the country yet, unless it is like a prototype, in which case...look out for magazine articles for it! If it really is a new skyline, enjoy and take tons of pictures.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

Nissan GT-R is a go for U.S.
    The dream of every red-blooded automotive enthusiast is coming true. On April 12, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. President and CEO Carlos Ghosn gave the wake up call; the Nissan GT-R is go. The production version will make its world debut at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. It will go on sale in Japan in Fall 2007. U.S. and Canada will follow in Spring 2008.
    Seems a bit premature for GT-R's to be rollin' around over a year from release... sorry, but I do not believe you. Having seen countless pre-production cars before, it is highly unlikely that you would see one on the streets so far in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    Orlando

thats my cousins g35 with a skyline sticker

black car ? and yes that was his dad they just got it like 2 weeks ago

u thought u beat a gtr
    Well go back and read s l o w l y .........It was WHITE..smart guy

Ok and what kind of IDIOT puts nissan badges on an infinity???
    OH LOL aparrently your cousin
    Last edited by scottd; 02-03-2007 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottd View Post
    Well go back and read s l o w l y .........It was WHITE..smart guy
    iight ill check fcic and ncic and see if anyone in fl or the usa has a 2007-2008 skyline... it had license plates on it or paper tags ?
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

1) 2008 Skyline GT-R does not exist yet in the US
    2) If you did race it it would have beat you
    3) It would have been driven by Nissan employees
    4) It would have taken place on the west coast

I'll leave the thread open but this is going to turn into a flame-fest. and at that point this is being shut down.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    iight ill check fcic and ncic and see if anyone in fl or the usa has a 2007-2008 skyline... it had license plates on it or paper tags ?
    Dude it was midnight and I was in disbelief too.. So I really was'nt lookin at the tag...Hell I dont even know what state the plate was... I was just checkin out the car... And if this is not the car I sat next to... That dude made a damn good copy.... Damnit dont make drive arround orlando till I find that car again
    I never really followed the so called "release date" for that car.. I know it might be a big deal but hey not that big of deal.. TRUST me ... had i known, I would have damn sure taken a picture.... but I'm not some kid nor am I blind..

I'm no expert and if you all say I did'nt se what I tawt i taw...then my next post will be about BIGFOOT....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails erd2c5.jpg  

nothing showed up in fcic which is fl (it would not show up if there is a paper tag tho)
    im still runing ncic and again if it had a paper tag it wont show up...
    where you from in orlando ?
    and where did you see it in orlando ?
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    1) 2008 Skyline GT-R does not exist yet in the US
    2) If you did race it it would have beat you
    3) It would have been driven by Nissan employees
    4) It would have taken place on the west coast

I'll leave the thread open but this is going to turn into a flame-fest. and at that point this is being shut down.
    1 thats what I thought
    2 thats what I was counting on
    3 who's to say it was'nt
    4 Why?

Like I said. I'm no expert but I know what was moulded into the back of this new car... Ok so whatever I guess I'm just an Idiot...

Flame suit on bishes..I dont care........

Quote Originally Posted by scottd View Post
    4 Why?
    might have to do with the fact that nissan corpoate is in socal. plenty of places to test out a car in california which makes for no reason to ship the car from japan to california, and then from california to florida.
    Anthony

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast