wrx vs 2007 skyline GTR - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs 2007 skyline GTR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by blackzwrx . There possiby be ONE in the USA but it wouldn't be on the road in ...

Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    . There possiby be ONE in the USA but it wouldn't be on the road in FL for DAMN sure.

Maybe I should have explaned myself better, They are not here yet for consumers. sorry.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

And if you read the forum posts in the link, the car was supposed to have Michigan plates.

If that's the case, it does get around.

(BTW, I'm not saying that the OP raced one in Florida, just that it's been proven that there is at least one out there, and that it doesn't seem to be confined to one particular state or region).
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Is there any reason to test the car in Florida? Is there anything special about the regions roads or climate that would make sense for an automaker to test a car there?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

you know, the car couldve just had a skyline GTR looking body kit

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Is there any reason to test the car in Florida? Is there anything special about the regions roads or climate that would make sense for an automaker to test a car there?
    1. Extremely flat terrain.
    2. out manuevering old people drivers.
    3. driving over swamps with the turbos blowing instead of sucking
    4. anti-Magnum commerical of them putting an alligator in the trunk
    5. the FSU Football Girls
    6. handling in the rain at 4pm everyday
    7. outrunning swamp hicks
    8. pictures with Mickey Mouse
    9. Ocean testing in a banana boat to Cuba
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Don't forget testing paint durability against bugs the size of small terriers.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

All very good reasons....

But number 5 is the only one I'm after.

Go Noles.

What side of the car was the driver on?

I saw a white G35 with a Nissan front Badge and SKYLINE on the back in Mira Mesa. We took off at a light, I got the jump on him, then we hit a 35 MPH turn, that we hit at near 100, after the turn I had him by 3-5 car lengths, kept him behind me utill about 130 when i slowed to 85 to merge into traffic.

Scouts honor.

read this http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...issan_skyline/

It say the gt-r will put out 450 hp, most likey a g-35.
    Last edited by CadGod-06sti; 02-08-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CadGod-06sti View Post
    I saw a white G35 with a Nissan front Badge and SKYLINE on the back in Mira Mesa..
    The G35 is sold in Japan as the Nissan Skyline Coupe.

Some JDM fanboy probably did it so he could have a circle jerk around the skyline name.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by CadGod-06sti View Post
    What side of the car was the driver on?

I saw a white G35 with a Nissan front Badge and SKYLINE on the back in Mira Mesa. We took off at a light, I got the jump on him, then we hit a 35 MPH turn, that we hit at near 100, after the turn I had him by 3-5 car lengths, kept him behind me utill about 130 when i slowed to 85 to merge into traffic.

Scouts honor.

read this http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...issan_skyline/

It say the gt-r will put out 450 hp, most likey a g-35.

After reading that article, it says that nobody knows the engine size for sure. I'm guessing that it will either be a 3.8l or 4.0l of the VQ series. Since the VQ35 is in almost every Nissan, they can just put in different stronger cylinder sleevs and bore it out a bit. They allready make a VQ40 so that is a posibilty. Both great engines. I think it(VQ35) was rated #1 in 2004 by somebody in the auto business, and is still in the top 10 list of greatest mass produced engines. Those motors ROCK! Plus they are very easy to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    Those motors ROCK!
    WOOT!
    FORZA FERRARI

Hey guys, I don't know if you've seen this, but this was posted up on the 17th of Feb. on TechEBlog.com.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...gt-r#more-7638

This one's in MI, but maybe there is one in Florida, at least I don't think it can be ruled out.

Yep, perhaps the OP's story is true.

Exactly, none of us are experts or Nissan insiders, and really are not in the position to make claims as to whether or not the car has been taken stateside in limited numbers. It seems like there's really nothing but speculation going on, and that should never be treated as fact or used to debunk someone's story.

I'd love for the OP's story to be true - that thing's an awesome machine that all of us, as enthusiasts, should be excited for, not arguing over. Either way, he either saw one or he didn't, and for our sake lets hope that he did.

Maybe you guys shouldn't have jumped down this guys throat since you (not everyone) but alot of people here obviously had no idea what they were talking about.

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pb...=1040&maxw=490

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../70226015/1040

Probably already posted, but anyhow...

Quote:
    Skyline Sighting
    Nissan's next-gen GT-R caught testing in America

AutoWeek | Updated: 02/27/07, 2:00 pm et
    We're not sure what got into Nissan, but the company recently unleashed a truckload of engineering mules of its forthcoming GT-R sports car on public roads and racetracks from Bay City, Michigan, to Sonoma, California. Eagle-eyed shooter Paul Sterling caught these shots as a partially-camoflauged GT-R ran some hot laps on Feb. 12 at Infineon Raceway in California.
    Paul Sterling
    Word at the track was the GT-R was pumping out close to 500-hp from a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6.

Word at the track was this GT-R was powered by a 3.5-liter, twin-turbocharged V6 making 500 hp, sending power to all four wheels via a paddle-shifted transmission. Despite Nissan's assertions that the car will not be Infiniti-badged, an engineer called the car a "2008 Infiniti Skyline GT-R." No matter what they call it, the production car premieres this fall at the Tokyo show, followed by a U.S. introduction in 2008.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast