wrx vs 2007 skyline GTR - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs 2007 skyline GTR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cavallino333 I wouldn't buy a K Nissan though even though I'm very happy with my current Ferrarissan ...

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I wouldn't buy a $70K Nissan though even though I'm very happy with my current Ferrarissan.
    fixed it
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    fixed it
    Man, cav is a stange guy. Owns a Z, loves Ferrari's, and has a tattoo of a mustang. I guess he is a "jack of all cars".
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Man, cav is a stange guy. Owns a Z, loves Ferrari's, and has a tattoo of a mustang. I guess he is a "jack of all cars".
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    If you can't tell, I'm not overly impressed with the car. It's just another turbo AWD car, no better or worse than the others that have been available here forever. Somehow (probably appearance) it'll command $10k+ more than an Evo. As a new release, it'll be as popular as the New Beetle or PT Cruiser was for a while, then it'll wear off and most owners will sell it for the newest flavor of the month. Ho hum.
    you obviously don't know much about the GT-R... it is not "just another AWD car". i've experienced the R32, R33, and R34... and they've all been nothing short of AMAZING! their AWD system is nothing close to AWD systems seen on other cars... just let me walk you through a launch...

rev's bouncing off the redline, release the clutch... rear tires spin a few times before the front tires kick in... you are hurled forward with insane thrust pinning you back into your seat.

the car defaults to RWD until the fronts are needed... so you get a true sports car handling with insane grip for corner exits.

While few know exactly how the new one will be... it should excite anyone who likes fast cars. There are still many people rockin' old GT-R's in Japan, so there must be a little more to it than being a "flavor of the month".

I pulled up behind a Skyline about a year ago - turns out it was a rebadged silver G35.
    The car rags are just now releasing photochopped pics of it, and Ghosn has only recently noted that it would be a Nissan, not an Infiniti. Heck, they just released what the emblem would look like this month. If you did see one (with a big IF) then you saw one of the baddest upcoming cars on the planet. Should be pushing around 450hp in production, and a test mule would probably be running Buttonwillow or the Nurburgring right now, not the Universal Studios and Disneyworld circuit. I think you flamed out a G35 with a body kit that decided not to race you.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post
    you obviously don't know much about the GT-R... it is not "just another AWD car". i've experienced the R32, R33, and R34... and they've all been nothing short of AMAZING! their AWD system is nothing close to AWD systems seen on other cars... just let me walk you through a launch...

rev's bouncing off the redline, release the clutch... rear tires spin a few times before the front tires kick in... you are hurled forward with insane thrust pinning you back into your seat.
    Pretty much describes any AWD car properly launched, from my Legacy (crap suspension = lots of wheel spin, for now) to my previous Stealth -- 4000 lbs and it could net a 1.7x 60ft without much variation between runs on 20-year-old technology. Newer cars with computer-controlled diffs and a front LSD can do pretty much anything you want.

While few know exactly how the new one will be... it should excite anyone who likes fast cars. There are still many people rockin' old GT-R's in Japan, so there must be a little more to it than being a "flavor of the month".
    I'd love an 86 Corolla GTS hatchback too, but I can't get one these days because of all the stupid drifters. I never said the Skyline was a bad car, nor that it didn't perform. It just isn't any more capable overall than the Evo or STi and it certainly isn't worth twice their price. 450 crank hp is easy for anyone to duplicate. I don't race on a track so the rest of the car's attributes are pretty much useless to me if I want to stay out of jail. I know that could be said of the Z06 and Viper too.

Most of it's moot for me anyway because I'm not going to pretend I can afford a $70k car.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I wish my Evo could switch to rwd after it launches. I'll easily pick-up 20 whp, probably more.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Cool

And just to throw more fuel on the fire:

http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/showtopic39598.htm

A long way from Florida, but it does give some credence to the fact that there is at least one test mule running around the United States.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
    And just to throw more fuel on the fire:

http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/showtopic39598.htm

A long way from Florida, but it does give some credence to the fact that there is at least one test mule running around the United States.
    New Mexico:

Check the profile. I work for Nissan, I have for 3 years. I have all-acess to nissans corp web-site, which also includes infinity, also the dealer networks, and all parts catalogs. I will kill this myth. I deff. keep checking up on this car. I love skylines, eventhough I don't consider the car about to come out a skyline, that is beside the point.

Simply the car has not come out! There is no parts listed in the USA parts catalog. They will be in ther 3 months before the cars release, like they did with the versa and redesigined altima. There is no skyline in the USA. There possiby be ONE in the USA but it wouldn't be on the road in FL for DAMN sure. They don't need to test cars on the road. A billizallion dollar Corp. needing a public road for tests They would never do that for the simple reason of: People like you seeing and saying stuff like you did. Nissan spend SO much $$$ on the car and extra time and $$$$ to keep it secret, you think that they would just drive it for all to see?

THAT CAR IS NOT HERE YET!!!!!

Now can we close this urban-myth thread, please. Ummmmmmm..... Mods?

Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    Check the profile. I work for Nissan, I have for 3 years. I have all-acess to nissans corp web-site, which also includes infinity, also the dealer networks, and all parts catalogs. I will kill this myth. I deff. keep checking up on this car. I love skylines, eventhough I don't consider the car about to come out a skyline, that is beside the point.

Simply the car has not come out! There is no parts listed in the USA parts catalog. They will be in ther 3 months before the cars release, like they did with the versa and redesigined altima. There is no skyline in the USA. There possiby be ONE in the USA but it wouldn't be on the road in FL for DAMN sure. They don't need to test cars on the road. A billizallion dollar Corp. needing a public road for tests They would never do that for the simple reason of: People like you seeing and saying stuff like you did. Nissan spend SO much $$$ on the car and extra time and $$$$ to keep it secret, you think that they would just drive it for all to see?

Now can we close this urban-myth thread, please. Ummmmmmm..... Mods?
    Actually huge companies use public roads to test cars all the time. I live in the Detroit metro area and I see atleast 15 cars a year that "don't exist" yet. Often times they are in disguise with over sized leather bras stuffed with foam blocks to hide the shape or tape covering portions of the lights to disguise that signature look. About 3 months ago I had a stoplight drag with what I can only assume was the srt caliber. There is no testing grounds that can replicate the real world. Car companies know that and they use the real world every chance they get. Also several years back I saw a caddy that still "doesn't exist" driving down the highway.

The point is... It is certainly possible that he saw the car on the streets. And it is possible that he raced the guy. Often the drivers of these cars are told to use them and abuse them. If the car is set to release as an 08 then I am certain that there are some driving around on the streets.

To the OP...

Nice kill and did it look as sweet in person as it does in the pics?
    2002 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stg 1

"You just got beat by a station wagon!!!"

What did I say? They are not out yet! there maybe 1 rolling around. And yes in MI there isn't a bunch of open ground that can be used for "secret test tracks" so you will see them on the road, like the cars you said. Dodge, Cadi, and other domestic cars that are manufactured in the USA. You won't see prototype imports rolling in MI. You can bet on that.

holy post whoring!

I hear you but to say they don't exist isn't true. And yes I do see imports in the area as well. And yes there are "proving grounds" in the area that they could test cars on. There is still nowhere that can replicate daily driving which is after all what the car has to stand up to.
    2002 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stg 1

"You just got beat by a station wagon!!!"

That car is ugly as hell. Hope the skyline isn't too similar.

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    New Mexico:
    What did I say? They are not out yet! there maybe 1 rolling around.
    The picture is from the Skyline high altitude testing in New Mexico. Autoblog reporting this today

So do i believe the OP? No, but there is def a GT-R in the western part of the country testing on open roads.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast