wrx vs 2007 skyline GTR - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs 2007 skyline GTR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Would someone please kill this thread...

Would someone please kill this thread
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Omg Jdm Gtr

**touches Self

Omg Dtr !!
    No Replacement For Displacement
    ** Touches Self

Ok well I'm pretty sure that a car that is due to come out in less than a year.. Is well past the "testing" stages..
    uh, no.

car companies test their cars pretty much until they hit the dealer lots, and even then, they keep testing them.

lets not forget that they still have to do all the emissions and crash testings so that the car will be legal for sale in the USA, and bare in mind that there hasnt yet been an official release of detailed specs. on what the car is gonna have and be able to do. they just have the prototype pictures and rumors on what it will be powered with and how fast it will be.
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Omg Jdm Gtr

**touches Self

Omg Dtr !!
    No Replacement For Displacement
    ** Touches Self
    Why not touch me?
    Just call me Clark Kent

I don't see why it's so unbelievable. Why would he make it up? He's already said it wasn't a G35, and that it looked identical to the "concept" pics floating around. Unless somebody spent a fortune on their G35 to make a copy, it'd almost have to be the real thing.

You know a Subaru is geared shorter than anything on the road (which I hate) so it's reasonable that with two cars with similar WHP, the WRX would get an early lead through maybe 3rd gear.

I guess it just boils down to this: nobody would make this crap up, post it, and be subjected to ridicule if it didn't really happen. So Nissan is finally making a turbo AWD car - whoopty frickin doo. Everybody else got started on that 15 years ago. It'll be just another car for rich college kids to be given while they're in school.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I don't see why it's so unbelievable. Why would he make it up? He's already said it wasn't a G35, and that it looked identical to the "concept" pics floating around. Unless somebody spent a fortune on their G35 to make a copy, it'd almost have to be the real thing.

You know a Subaru is geared shorter than anything on the road (which I hate) so it's reasonable that with two cars with similar WHP, the WRX would get an early lead through maybe 3rd gear.

I guess it just boils down to this: nobody would make this crap up, post it, and be subjected to ridicule if it didn't really happen. So Nissan is finally making a turbo AWD car - whoopty frickin doo. Everybody else got started on that 15 years ago. It'll be just another car for rich college kids to be given while they're in school.

uhh nissan has had turbo awd car sence 89. it was a g35 rebadged. there is just 0 chance a japan built and designed car that isnt even released in japan yet is in florida being tested and street racing wrx's.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

1) People lie about sh!t happening all the time... The situation here was more likely that he was mistaken of what the car actually was.

2) If you think Nissan is "just finally" making an AWD-turbo car, you have much to learn about cars. Utilize the internet, pick up a book, or watch an episode of Initial-D. Either of the three will inform of what you need to know.
    Just call me Clark Kent

According to automobilemag.com, Nissan is TRYING to get their car to 450 hp and 370 torque and a 3.8 0-60.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...issan_skyline/

Getting 15 car lengths is not likely but possible even if it was a real GT-R. If it was a new concept, maybe he didn't know how or when to shift the 7-speed. The fact that he admit that the GT-R may not have been going all out makes me believe his story to be plausable but not confirmed because of no physical evidence. The point is he beat someone and you all should be happy for him!

All in all...nice kill!
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

Honestly I think it was just a G35. If it was midnight and dark, the only distinguishable difference between the two cars that you would have probably noticed would be the tail lights. It's always possible that the owner of the car just had his rear tail lights converted into a skyline format. I've seen it done to other cars, so I imagine it's doable on a G35 as well.

im thinking a wide body kit and new badges (ive seen them all over g35s in so cal) goes a long way.
    If you ever go back in time, dont touch anything.

2005 STi
    Cobb Ap Stage Two/ Cobb Suspension Stage one.

Ok, so we've got a couple of brain surgeons who think I actually didn't know the Skyline has been available in Japan for a few decades. I'm not 15 years old; I think I know this.

What I mean is: It's not an amazing thing just because they're going to sell it here now. It just took them almost a quarter of a century to think it might sell over here.

If you can't tell, I'm not overly impressed with the car. It's just another turbo AWD car, no better or worse than the others that have been available here forever. Somehow (probably appearance) it'll command $10k+ more than an Evo. As a new release, it'll be as popular as the New Beetle or PT Cruiser was for a while, then it'll wear off and most owners will sell it for the newest flavor of the month. Ho hum.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by scottd View Post
    Ok and what kind of IDIOT puts nissan badges on an infinity???
    The same kind of people who put Honda badge on there Integra's or NSX's

Stranger things have happened.

it'll command $10k+ more than an Evo.
    Try $40,000 more. It is going to MSRP for $70,000 or so.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Ok, so we've got a couple of brain surgeons who think I actually didn't know the Skyline has been available in Japan for a few decades. I'm not 15 years old; I think I know this.

What I mean is: It's not an amazing thing just because they're going to sell it here now. It just took them almost a quarter of a century to think it might sell over here.

If you can't tell, I'm not overly impressed with the car. It's just another turbo AWD car, no better or worse than the others that have been available here forever. Somehow (probably appearance) it'll command $10k+ more than an Evo. As a new release, it'll be as popular as the New Beetle or PT Cruiser was for a while, then it'll wear off and most owners will sell it for the newest flavor of the month. Ho hum.

I don't know I was skeptical too but then I did some reading on it. If they achieve the target performance it should be more than a challenge for an EVO stock for stock. It'll probably sell well. Though the prototype looks a bit ugly. I wouldn't buy a $70K Nissan though even though I'm very happy with my current Nissan.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

You chose the words you did... That is your problem, not mine.
    The way you said it was to interpreted that they had not yet done so... and more people then just myself took your statement the same way.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast