STi vs SRT 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs SRT 8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Does anyone know how an STi would hold up against an SRT8 Charger or Magnum. My friend in Atlanta just ...

STi vs SRT 8

Does anyone know how an STi would hold up against an SRT8 Charger or Magnum. My friend in Atlanta just had his bone stock on the dyno and emailed it to me.
    390WHP/387WTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

straight line to a very fast speed(well into triples digits)= pwng
    that being said, if it's on a road course that is relatively small where the extreme hp advantage cannot be utilized, STi has a much better chance.
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

i say you will tear him a new as**o**

thoes # mean nothing... i have raced chargers, magnums and blow em out the water all day in a my stage 2 STi... now a gto thats where its a drivers race

thoes #'s dont look right for that car btw imo
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by 41ants View Post
    Does anyone know how an STi would hold up against an SRT8 Charger or Magnum. My friend in Atlanta just had his bone stock on the dyno and emailed it to me.
    390WHP/387WTQ

o its a dynojet not a mustang dyno
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

I read a guy ran a 12.56 1/4mi in a stock SRT-8 Charger i think. So it would win.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    I read a guy ran a 12.56 1/4mi in a stock SRT-8 Charger i think. So it would win.
    i dunno... thats kinda hard to belive... i thought they only come auto too btw ?
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Dream Car Garage did a whole season of episodes on building a SRT8 Charger even sending it to GS Motorsports for some engine work (super charger and port and polish), and the best they could get the car to run was a 13.5 in the 1/4. I think a stock STI would still take the win fromarole or a dig.
    Last edited by 06grayrex; 01-25-2007 at 06:31 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

The slowest an SRT8 is going to do is a 13.0 and if anybody can't drive an automatic to consistant timeslips they shouldn't call themselves professionals. The "regular" Charger R/T (325hp hemi) will do a 14.0 so I hope they're a little quicker with another 100hp under there.

And, 390whp stock? Do they have some magic drivetrain that loses only 35hp between the engine and wheels? Either that or their SRT engine is really 450+ hp.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    The slowest an SRT8 is going to do is a 13.0 and if anybody can't drive an automatic to consistant timeslips they shouldn't call themselves professionals. The "regular" Charger R/T (325hp hemi) will do a 14.0 so I hope they're a little quicker with another 100hp under there.

And, 390whp stock? Do they have some magic drivetrain that loses only 35hp between the engine and wheels? Either that or their SRT engine is really 450+ hp.
    thats what im sayin
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

dodge underrating from the factory?

never

the srt8's are very quick cars, stock vs stock it'd be a damn close race

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post

I have never seen any reports on tv/magazines or even at the track, showing that a stock SRT 8 charger/ 300C would run a 13.0 in the 1/4. The best 1/4 time I've ever heard for those cars are13.3-13.5 @108-109 mph stock. The 5.7 Hemi has 340hp/390tq, Daytona R/T 350hp390tq not 325hp, and 1/4 time of 14.3-14.6 around 99.8-101mph They weigh over 4100 lbs so the sti (3100lbs) has the power to weight ratio on it's side, I could be wrong on the ratio. If I was a betting man I would even put my money on stage 2 06+ wrx tr (with a good driver) vs a stock SRT 8.
    Last edited by 06grayrex; 01-25-2007 at 02:54 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Meh, nearly every time slip and mag-time I have seen has the car running low-mid 13's. I would say with a stock STi it would be a drivers race with the STi getting the upperhand. 390whp sounds like a lot, but when the car weighs over 4,000lbs it changes things a bit.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

like i said before, an sti will hand it it's balls.

when I got home from work I had a episode of Dream Car Garage still in TIVO and replayed it to make sure what I said was acturate, and yeah they did say that even after all the upgrades they only did a 13.5 in the 1320.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.