STi vs SRT 8 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs SRT 8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Stumbo, what packages do you have on your SRT-8? Is the timer included in Package I or III?...

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Hey Stumbo, what packages do you have on your SRT-8? Is the timer included in Package I or III?
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    Hey Stumbo, what packages do you have on your SRT-8? Is the timer included in Package I or III?
    I think it comes on all the 07 SRT8's.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

We figured it out. I had to introduce my friend to the search button on the Charger forums.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

We figured it out. I had to introduce my friend to the search button on the Charger forums.
    Tell him to be careful with it, he will burn up a set of tires and a few tanks of gas in no time!

Have You Attempted Stumbo's $100 Challenge? Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    This thread delivers.
    QFT

Yes he's already complaining about that, with less than 1000 miles. He's been checking his lack of gas mileage and grimacing alot lately.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

This is good info to know because they have been popping up around Boston alot now. Just a matter of time before they show up at the races...
    New England F4

Turbo XS Bov FS/Trade (HKS sequential)

can you believe the rental car company gave my 80yr old grandma a big body magnum to drive...none the less.. i wasnt impressed..
    Lokin&Tokin

2005 STi trunk + wing OBP 4 sale. pm me.

It's going to take some time to get the video, but I beat him. It was the first race of the day for both of us. We staged, I watched the pretty yellow lights blink and totally forgot everything I read on here about launching and everything else about life in general. The third light winked on and I dropped it somewhere in the 4-5k range. I didn't see him anywhere till the end. My time was 13.86@98.25, his was 14.62@86.6. Now before any shennanigans are called I just want to make it clear that in this scenario I was simply the better of two terrible drivers. He turned off his traction control and stomped it alleviating all hopes of traction for him that run. I myself have lots of room for improvement. My fastest run of the day was a 13.54, which was a race with the Charger as well. I red lighted with .46 reaction, a 1.89 60' and ran a 13.54 and he ran a 13.52 with a 1.2 reaction and 2.2 60'. The SRT-8 ran a 13.5 every race after the first one. It's amazing what traction control can do. So there it is.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

I'm embaressed to post this, but here it is. I'm car 6.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

lol at the 86mph trap speed.

This thread delivers.
    QFT

BTW cool to see that the sti and the srt8 are running side by side like that. Do you remember on the 13.5 runs what his trap speeds were?

This thread delivers.
    QFT

Yeah he trapped 103.73 that run. Good times. I think he's going to kick my ass once he learns the lights. I think it's time for an AP or Cobb Stage 2.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Yeah he trapped 103.73 that run. Good times. I think he's going to kick my ass once he learns the lights. I think it's time for an AP or Cobb Stage 2.
    Good call, all the bolt-ons in the world (besides juice) wont be able hang with you then.

This thread delivers.
    QFT

I'm embaressed to post this, but here it is. I'm car 6.

Which STi are you around here?? I've seen a few of the newer ones roaming around, but I don't get too many waves from them .

I have one of the Grey IX MR's with a UK style badge on the back. If you see one with a JDM rear bumper that's my brother. He used to have an 04 rex around here.

I don't really like Coastal Plains. A lot of people seem to run so-so times there. My brother raced his MR (stock( there against a new WRX. His stock time in his Evo was a 13.2 while the rex had like a 15 something. Could be a driver problem with that one though.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Mine is an OBP with an NC flag hanging from the rear view mirror. I wave when ever I see another WRX, I just don't always see them coming. I like Coastal Plains because it's closer than kinston.
    Edit:Oh I see you have an Evo. Yeah I've only seen like one Evo around here. And that one is blue. The guy that sold me my STi used to have an Evo and he was complaining about his 13.2.
    Last edited by RealDealTarheel; 03-17-2007 at 12:19 PM.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.