STi vs SRT 8 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs SRT 8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was a the track this weekend. I saw them running mid to low 13's all day long. I know ...

I was a the track this weekend. I saw them running mid to low 13's all day long. I know this kid that was breaking into the high 12's with basic bolt on's.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

12.56 was ran by a 300C. they have 425 hp and weigh in at just over 4000 lbs... i think 4100lbs.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Why dont you try against an SRT-8 jeep? Those are fast as hell.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    i raced a magnum srt8 from a 50mph roll, with two people in my car, absolutely smoked him. i was embarrassed for him. at 110 he might have been 3 car lengths behind. i'm a stock '04 sti, btw. at the next light, i gave him the a-hole "i guess i wasted you" shrug, he flipped us off and we laughed, he burned out and smoked the tires as he left the next light.
    BS, probably wasn't an srt8.

STI vs SRT8 is gonna be a very close race. Ive driven both, and i own an srt8. Once somebody figures out how to tune the SRT8s, and we can get a power adder, it should be pretty fun!

Have You Attempted Stumbo's $100 Challenge? Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    This thread delivers.
    QFT

stock for stock, off the roll or from a stop, i think the STI will lose, this being especially true from roll on races. STI's stock trap 103-105 while the SRT-8 trap 108-109mph (104 for the jeep but effortless 12.7-9 passes in the quarter). SRT-8's also hit 60ft in 1.8 seconds, almost .15-.2 seconds slower than STI's but close enough to catch up quite fast.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182 View Post
    12.56 was ran by a 300C. they have 425 hp and weigh in at just over 4000 lbs... i think 4100lbs.
    I was under the impression that SRT-8 Chargers were considerably heavier. I think the door on my buddies said something to the effect of 5000+, unless he was reading it wrong. Can you verify this Stumbo?
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

chrysler's website says a RWD SRT8 300 is 4160 lbs... as does edmunds.com

Side note:

just put our SRT8 Gr Cherokee on Ebay the other day. opening bid is invoice ($41915)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7136169&rd=1,1
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 03-09-2007 at 07:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

The difference between the charger and the 300C, SRT8's are less than 50lbs, thats why they run almost identical numbers.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Quote Originally Posted by Stumbo View Post
    BS, probably wasn't an srt8.

STI vs SRT8 is gonna be a very close race. Ive driven both, and i own an srt8. Once somebody figures out how to tune the SRT8s, and we can get a power adder, it should be pretty fun!
    well the srt8 badge told me so, believe me, i like to know what i race. if they truly are much faster then something must have gone wrong for him, he did seem pretty upset at the loss.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    well the srt8 badge told me so, believe me, i like to know what i race. if they truly are much faster then something must have gone wrong for him, he did seem pretty upset at the loss.
    Maybe he was a wanna be?

I would like to take this moment to apologize. I don't like calling BS to people like I did. Please forgive me for being a <unt.

This thread delivers.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    I was under the impression that SRT-8 Chargers were considerably heavier. I think the door on my buddies said something to the effect of 5000+, unless he was reading it wrong. Can you verify this Stumbo?
    My car weighed 4270lbs with me in it and and not much gas.

This thread delivers.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by 06grayrex View Post
    I think the SRT8 jeep would be a really close race to the STI, compared to the SRT8 charger. 4.5 0-60 wet or dry,awd is great.
    This is a photo from my chargers built in 0-60 timer, now if I could only do that in the rain:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00032.jpg  

This thread delivers.
    QFT

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    ^^Well that's a nifty feature. I don't think my bud knows about that. Thanks for the info.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182 View Post
    stock for stock, off the roll or from a stop, i think the STI will lose, this being especially true from roll on races. STI's stock trap 103-105 while the SRT-8 trap 108-109mph (104 for the jeep but effortless 12.7-9 passes in the quarter). SRT-8's also hit 60ft in 1.8 seconds, almost .15-.2 seconds slower than STI's but close enough to catch up quite fast.
    The SRT-8 Jeeps do not runs 12s with ease one bit, if that was the case the ones i see running at my near sea level track would be hitting 12s and none of them have ever hit 12s, they are low 13 second cars with a freak run here and there in the 13.0s, at my track at least. An SRT8 Jeep running 12.7s is as common as a LS1 camaro running 12s, has it happened? Sure, is it the norm? NO.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I'd give the nod to the SRT8 most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.