STi vs SRT 8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs SRT 8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 41ants Does anyone know how an STi would hold up against an SRT8 Charger or Magnum. My ...

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 41ants View Post
    Does anyone know how an STi would hold up against an SRT8 Charger or Magnum. My friend in Atlanta just had his bone stock on the dyno and emailed it to me.
    390WHP/387WTQ
    Umm.... I suspect that either that is a very "friendly" dyno OR your friend is NOT stock...
    Quote Originally Posted by 06grayrex View Post
    when I got home from work I had a episode of Dream Car Garage still in TIVO and replayed it to make sure what I said was acturate, and yeah they did say that even after all the upgrades they only did a 13.5 in the 1320.
    I suspect that it was either not the "Charger" SRT8, the upgrades they did had nothing to do with power OR they just suck at driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Meh, nearly every time slip and mag-time I have seen has the car running low-mid 13's. I would say with a stock STi it would be a drivers race with the STi getting the upperhand. 390whp sounds like a lot, but when the car weighs over 4,000lbs it changes things a bit.
    Everyone knows:
    SRT8 = Teh Fastarr x 2!!!!!!

Seriously though, Donnie is pretty much right. Stock SRT8 Chargers(*) consistently run low-mid 13s in the 1/4. Which is GREAT for the big, heavy a$$, four door "family" sedan that it is. (As opposed to the much lighter, four door compact-economy sedan the WRX/STi is based on) Personally, I love my srt8 Charger but for very different reasons then my STi.

Stock performance wise in a straight line on clean/dry pavement:
    - From a dig the STi has a clear "edge" over the Charger SRT8.
    - Frumaroll the srt8 Charger has a slight edge over the STi.

Stock performance wise in any other condition then listed above:
    - Sti pwns the Charger.

Traveling with stock wife & kids:
    - SRT8 Charger pwns STi

Attending stock fortune 50 company business meetings with VPs where you don't want to look like you just rolled your car off of the set of 2F2F:
    - SRT8 pwns STi.

Thank you very much.

* (Chrysler also makes SRT8 models of Magnum which is a little heavy then the Charger, 300C which is also a little heavy with softer suspension and looks too ghetto for my taste, Jeep which I like too)
    Last edited by TheJ; 01-25-2007 at 08:58 AM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OUr SRT8 Grand cherokee is pretty fast...especially for how big it is.

i think it would give an average driver in an STI a pretty good run from a dig.

yes i realize the Gr. Cherokee wasnt mentioned, but thought id share a little more chrysler SRT input.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    OUr SRT8 Grand cherokee is pretty fast...especially for how big it is.

i think it would give an average driver in an STI a pretty good run from a dig.

yes i realize the Gr. Cherokee wasnt mentioned, but thought id share a little more chrysler SRT input.
    I think the SRT8 jeep would be a really close race to the STI, compared to the SRT8 charger. 4.5 0-60 wet or dry,awd is great.
    Last edited by 06grayrex; 01-25-2007 at 07:17 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

the srt8 jeep will destroy an stock sti. even an stage 2 sti.

Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth View Post
    the srt8 jeep will destroy an stock sti. even an stage 2 sti.

Stock it can edge out the STI since its auto it will be more consistant, but they run low 13s at 100mph or so, there is one that races all the time at my local track and he is stock and i think his best was a 13.0@100mph, now its an auto so its consistant. STI's stock generally run 13.4s@101mph or so bone stock with a good run, but can dip into the 12s stock with a great run, a stage II sti shouldn't lose to a stock SRT8.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    STI's stock generally run 13.4s@101mph or so bone stock with a good run, but can dip into the 12s stock with a great run, a stage II sti shouldn't lose to a stock SRT8.
    agreed.

i have seen posts (with time slips) of two stock STI's running 12.8 and 12.9.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    agreed.

i have seen posts (with time slips) of two stock STI's running 12.8 and 12.9.
    +1

I too know what slips you're talking about. Might also want to think about track conditions and weather/climate. This could affect times a couple tenths.

I ran a 13.1 @ 102mph...so I know its very do-able. (I know I keep saying this, but I do have to post my timeslips...just a matter of taking the picture of them...until then, I'm all talk)
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

It all depends on the driver mod. My friend went 13.4 in his with the 20' rims and everything bone stock.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

Chargespeed Pink and Blue 300WHP 4EAT Bugeye
    SubieChick.com

Road & Track's Jeep SRT8 ran 13.2 @ 104 so it's not any slower in my book.

If a Stage 2 STi doesn't run in the 12s, you've got the wrong "stages"
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    +1

I too know what slips you're talking about. Might also want to think about track conditions and weather/climate. This could affect times a couple tenths.

I ran a 13.1 @ 102mph...so I know its very do-able. (I know I keep saying this, but I do have to post my timeslips...just a matter of taking the picture of them...until then, I'm all talk)
    I was there when you ran the 13.1 so I can confirm it. The track conditions were pretty normal, it was a little cold. I wasn't letting my '06 WRX cool down doing back to back runs and I think my best run that night was a 14.2 w/ a 2.0 60' because I was testing different shift points and my launch, by the time I got a 1.90 60' I missed 2nd...

Then again, you have the '07 STi which is teh f4st4r, a little more whp/wtq. then previous STi's.
    Last edited by farBeyondDriven; 01-26-2007 at 10:13 AM.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    My friend just bought an SRT-8 Charger from the same dealership I bought my STi from. We've already done some roll races and we'll be video taping our track event when we go. I'll post it up when we get back. It should be noted that if I lose, I suck at driving and life in general. The roll races weren't very good because he had a hard comprehending go on the third honk.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

How would a STI do against a SRT-8 that is a jeep grand cherokee

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    How would a STI do against a SRT-8 that is a jeep grand cherokee
    The Jeep would definitely be able to carry more stuff in it and probably handle deep sand/mud better then the STi. Additionally, baby seats fit WAY better in the Jeep.

My assumption on performance... Straight line, the STi would have an edge on the Jeep but anything other then straight line and you would really see the STi pull away.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

i raced a magnum srt8 from a 50mph roll, with two people in my car, absolutely smoked him. i was embarrassed for him. at 110 he might have been 3 car lengths behind. i'm a stock '04 sti, btw. at the next light, i gave him the ******* "i guess i wasted you" shrug, he flipped us off and we laughed, he burned out and smoked the tires as he left the next light.

i raced a magnum srt8 from a 50mph roll, with two people in my car, absolutely smoked him. i was embarrassed for him. at 110 he might have been 3 car lengths behind. i'm a stock '04 sti, btw. at the next light, i gave him the a-hole "i guess i wasted you" shrug, he flipped us off and we laughed, he burned out and smoked the tires as he left the next light.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast