could a WRX stay same pace as a packed STI?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on could a WRX stay same pace as a packed STI? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; say the STI had 4 full grown adults in it, which would be about 600 pounds and has luggage and ...

could a WRX stay same pace as a packed STI?

say the STI had 4 full grown adults in it, which would be about 600 pounds and has luggage and a subwoofer in the back making it up to 700 extra pounds in the STI. now would you think a WRX stay right next to it like this the whole way?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hard to say. Why anyone would race like that is beyond me. Figure out the hp/tq to weight ratio and I guess you'd get a somewhat close idea.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

lol wow i did the power to weight ratio and daang STI is fast, the WRX could probably still not keep up with the STI weighting 3900 curb weight

Fyi

Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    say the STI had 4 full grown adults in it, which would be about 600 pounds and has luggage and a subwoofer in the back making it up to 700 extra pounds in the STI. now would you think a WRX stay right next to it like this the whole way?
    I think it would be close - 100 lbs of weight is supposedly equal to -10hp.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Hmmm....

I would say that with 600lbs of people, system, and luggage a wrx would have a good chance from a dig. From a roll though, I would still give it to the STI.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

100lbs equates to a good tenth of a second off the 1/4 mile... so a stock STi does what? 13.3? add 7/10th's to it and you got a 14 sec flat, which an 06 WRX can do faster.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post
    100lbs equates to a good tenth of a second off the 1/4 mile... so a stock STi does what? 13.3? add 7/10th's to it and you got a 14 sec flat, which an 06 WRX can do faster.
    There are more issues at hand then just tenths of a second of a 1/4mile. The better breathing STi turbo, the superior STi gearing, etc.. will all play a roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Why are you asking this question, it is pretty random?
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post
    I did a 13.1 1/4 with a poor launch...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I did a 13.1 1/4 with a poor launch...
    what was your trap speed?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    what was your trap speed?
    103mph...I'll post the slips when I get home from the gym tonight. I've been meaning to do that...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

i was just wondering because i know someone with an packed STI who lost to a SRT-4
    Last edited by momolicious; 01-24-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    i was just wondering because i know someone with an STI who lost to a SRT-4 with packed car
    LOL

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.