Found out the diff. today between a new WRX vs. an Ej20!!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Found out the diff. today between a new WRX vs. an Ej20!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on the highway today and I ran into a bugeye WRX w/ SPT exhaust, some sort of intake ...

Found out the diff. today between a new WRX vs. an Ej20!!

I was on the highway today and I ran into a bugeye WRX w/ SPT exhaust, some sort of intake and some sort of BOV. But NO Cobb ap or anything like that, so i'm sure that played a huge part on the outcome of the race. Anyways, we went from about 65 to 100-105. I put AT LEAST a buslength and a half on this guy, I mean it was embarrassing (for him anyway I'm sure).

Bottom line, I can't wait for next week when I go stg. 1 (or stg.2, haven't decided yet.) I'm bone stock right now and I really pulled on him HARD!! I told him after the race to look into a Cobb AP (yes, at highway speeds we talked, not the smartest thing, but there wasn't anyone around.)

I gave him a thumbs up anyways, just because it really was a VERY nice subaru and I love wrx's.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    06+ Wrx= Srt-4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpimp View Post
    06+ Wrx= Srt-4 ?
    It seems that way.......
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    06+ Wrx= Srt-4 ?
    yup

From what i understand the 06s are better down low but up top they are virtually the same as the 2.0s, but i haven't raced one so i wouldn't know. Maybe it sas an auto?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Banned
    The guy probably wasn't even racing.

The 06's are deffinatley faster than the 2.0.
    CGM

The guy probably wasn't even racing.
    it's comments like these that really irritate me. Do you really think that I'm that stupid to not be able to tell if he was actually full throttle?? Please dude... like I said, the car was freakin' loud, I could tell when/if he was "racing". Plus, we were playing around a little bit before we raced, I know that he knew it was on. I wasn't ridiculing the 2.0s or anything. I clearly stated I gave him his props even though I won, and he was cool about it, so why can't you be??

And as far as the 2.5s being the same up top as the 2.0s... I'm not gonna argue, but I will say I was pulling on him hard nonstop right past triple digits. He did have a passenger though.

EDIT: Oh, and it was definitely a 5MT, no doubt about it.
    Last edited by twrx it; 01-23-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something.

Quote Originally Posted by twrx it View Post
    Do you really think that I'm stupid
    yes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twrx it View Post
    it's comments like these that really irritate me. Do you really think that I'm that stupid to not be able to tell if he was actually full throttle?? Please dude... like I said, the car was freakin' loud, I could tell when/if he was "racing". Plus, we were playing around a little bit before we raced, I know that he knew it was on. I wasn't ridiculing the 2.0s or anything. I clearly stated I gave him his props even though I won, and he was cool about it, so why can't you be??

And as far as the 2.5s being the same up top as the 2.0s... I'm not gonna argue, but I will say I was pulling on him hard nonstop right past triple digits. He did have a passenger though.

EDIT: Oh, and it was definitely a 5MT, no doubt about it.
    I know you are stupid for street racing. Just because a car is loud doesn't mean it has performance parts added. I never however said anything about the 2.0 being great than the 2.5. It is obvious that the 2.5 is faster than previous models.

This is why this ''WRX vs the World'' forum sucks b@lls, everyone flames. This section should be forever closed.
    CGM

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick View Post
    yes
    Why is he stupid? Did you just jump on the band wagon?
    CGM

Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    This is why this ''WRX vs the World'' forum sucks b@lls, everyone flames. This section should be forever closed.
    +1

I'll never post a new thread in this forum again. People freak and you'd think they never broke the speed limit the way they talk.

/end forum
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

+1 i agree with PJ 100% the kid wasnt sayin he was flying in and out of traffic on the shoulder and ****. He was just explaining that the 2.0 arnt quite as fast the 2.5 and he thought that he would share a kill. Hes not sayin that subarus are sh!t hes not sayin that hes going to own teh world. What makes him stupid. Yea street racing isnt the smartest thing in the world. But i jsut read a thread by DTR against a mitsu and a lot fo people said oh nice kill. If you cant keep yourself from being a d!ck then dont post.
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Why is he stupid? Did you just jump on the band wagon?

3 reasons in particular

1) street racing
    2) had to find out that the wrx with more hp and tq is faster through street racing
    3) this thread

you fail

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.