DTR vs. Cocky teenager in Eclipse
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on DTR vs. Cocky teenager in Eclipse within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way to school today I had a 98/99 Eclipse GS-T that was stock ride my ass for about ...

DTR vs. Cocky teenager in Eclipse

On my way to school today I had a 98/99 Eclipse GS-T that was stock ride my ass for about 1.5miles. I continually ignored him and when he got the chance to pass he did so at WOT. He then slows down and gets next to me lunging back and forth while looking at me with some sort of intense stare
    I just looked at him, laughed, and pointed.

This kid is probably about 17 y/o and gets in front of me and then slows down to about 10mph under the speed limit hoping I would go around him. I didn't bite because of other cars.

A bit later we catch a light and an open road. He kept lurching forward at the light, and I didn't bother to launch and embarrass him. He jumps ahead and slows down when he sees me going about my business. Then he gets even with me as I slow down to about 30mph in 2nd gear. I point ahead and give the "go-ahead" and he downshifts and punches it. I let him get about 2 car lenths on me and then I hit the throttle.
    Took me about 3sec to catch him, and by 55-60mph I was passing him hard. I shut down before speeds got excessive and had a good 4+ cars on him. He then proceeded to give the flyby.

I surprised my self that I even bothered, but I thought I could teach this punk about being over-confident. Why he was messing with a modded wrx in his stock eclipse is beyond me. He probably heard they cannot go frumaroll, lol.

I am stage2 + protune.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 01-23-2007 at 01:42 AM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ahhaha just point and laugh next time... or tell him to bring his friends so they can dog on his ass

Maybe he will think twice before wanting to race the first cool car he sees!

Good kill!

i live my life one mitsubishi kill at a time

I Support ClubWRX
    When did you get a protune?

What numbers did you get?

This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

gotta love the flyby after you've clearly proven a point........

You'll see the post on a dsm forum today titled "I smoked a modded wrx today"
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Nice beating, seems there are alot of younger guys getting their licenses and buying boosted cars. I seem them alot around my area either pulled over or trying to race everything with a Honda logo on it.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Nice kill. Those damn 17 year-old's.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Nice Kill DTR!
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    When did you get a protune?

What numbers did you get?
    Bought a used v.1 as a Christmas present from the folks. I had a protune scheduled in before even getting the AP in since I knew I would be getting one

I don't have a scanner for the graphs, but maybe I can just take a pic and then post it.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Nice beating, seems there are alot of younger guys getting their licenses and buying boosted cars. I seem them alot around my area either pulled over or trying to race everything with a Honda logo on it.
    Yeah, my area has a HUGE number of DSM'ers now that are pretty young. My friends little brother who goes to highschool still (junior) says that tons of people have gst's.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Not all 17 year olds drive like cocky teenagers. I (at least try my best) to be polite and curteous to other drivers... (basically i hate blanket statements)
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    lmao that has to be the most retarded game in teh world its sad tha ti have accualy polayed it before

btw nice kill
    I normally point to them and laugh but its normally with my middle finger
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by wr06x View Post
    Not all 17 year olds drive like cocky teenagers. I (at least try my best) to be polite and curteous to other drivers... (basically i hate blanket statements)
    PLEASE do not turn this into a "teenagers can be good driver too" thread. I am only 21 and I was a pretty responsible driver at 17. I was referencing his age not as a blanket statement, but more-so that he was young with a turbo car and therefore though it was faster than light.... and he was terribly wrong.
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.