'06 WRB WRX vs. Bolt-on Srt-4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on '06 WRB WRX vs. Bolt-on Srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SoCalRex where have you seen a SRT run 13's stock? im not doubting it, but it would ...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRex View Post
    where have you seen a SRT run 13's stock? im not doubting it, but it would probably have to be in the right conditions ie: Track elevation, which octane, outside temp... anyways, jus maybe them magazine times got people thinking different things. Pretty much not likely at most tracks...
    i hit a 13.9 with a k and n drop in filter in sac.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The day I went to the track I saw two different SRT-4's run. Both were modified and both were in the low 14's high 13's.

Maybe both guys were bad drivers.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

13.8@101 stock
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    13.8@101 stock
    Oh...I guess they just werent able to get any traction? They both trapped around 100-105mph range.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

13.91@101 stock here in my old 04
    07 STI (white)
    1993.5 SP74 supra-sold
    2005 T67 Evo-sold
    1994 TT supra-sold
    2002 E46 M3-RIP

13.9 @ 101 in my 03 one wheel wonder

Well, I didn't mean for this to turn into an SRt-4 thread, but nevertheless. Now that I'm stg.2, that car wouldn't have been a contest.

Also, yes, that '03 WRX I raced would've undoubtedly been faster if he would've had engine management, which is exactly what I told him.
    2006 WRB Impreza WRX TR
    -Cobb stg.2
    -Eclipse AVN 6600 In dash DVD/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    13.8@101 stock
    Quote Originally Posted by GameOFF View Post
    13.91@101 stock here in my old 04
    Quote Originally Posted by trborex View Post
    13.9 @ 101 in my 03 one wheel wonder
    Quote Originally Posted by DTFH3030 View Post
    i hit a 13.9 with a k and n drop in filter in sac.
    So, im guessing it was on 93 octane + , with some pretty good conditions, ie: weather, elevation... they are quick little cars, dont get me wrong. To get into 13's stock, an srt-4 is gonna need the best conditions possible, even then, the driver mod is a big factor.
    '05 Black STi 13.389 @ 101.54 on awesome NM 90 Octane At Lubbock Speedway 3200ft Elev. with just a catless Turboback.

Nice run TC.

I originally didn't think the 06 would have that much of an advantage over the previous year WRXs, but after modding and seeing the results, I am convinced that these cars are very similar to SRT-4s (in terms of speed, not looks, lol).

My cousin has an 04 SRT-4 and when he modded it, the curves look similar to the 06s.

They make a lot of torque per hp, just like the 06s. They have a bigger block (2.4L) like them, and they take mods really well.

Just for comparison. A guy that uses my tuner put down 280/290 with a VF39 on his 04. I put down 331/391 on the same dyno.
    Car-less

So, im guessing it was on 93 octane + , with some pretty good conditions, ie: weather, elevation... they are quick little cars, dont get me wrong. To get into 13's stock, an srt-4 is gonna need the best conditions possible, even then, the driver mod is a big factor.
    its a pretty standard thing to run 91+ in all "sports" cars. the srt is actually tuned in at 91 cali piss gas from dodge. so lots of people get the same times in alot of diff areas. of course the higher you are the slower you go. the thing that matters is the driver. a good range is 13.9-14.2 for a stock setup.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

there are plenty of guys out by me that will run 13's stock,and i know for a fact a stock srt4 from a roll beat my buddies stg 1 sti which had turbo back and an access port flashed for stg1 a roll race takes driver out of the picture for the most part. it is more of a power race

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx View Post
    there are plenty of guys out by me that will run 13's stock,and i know for a fact a stock srt4 from a roll beat my buddies stg 1 sti which had turbo back and an access port flashed for stg1 a roll race takes driver out of the picture for the most part. it is more of a power race
    I can believe that, it all depends on what gear you start in and other factors play into the outcome. The STI's i see run at my track tend to be trapping right around 100mph bone stock, 99-101 is the average, the srt-4s usually are a touch lower like 98-100mph but close enough that it wouldn't make much difference. I have posted this before but i ran my stage II wrx vs my friends stock wrx from a 25mph roll and we were dead even to 65mph we did it 4 times, i then took my car to the track and ran a 13.6@100mph to his 14.7@92mph so as you can see numbers that look like a lot on paper and at the track are much closer in the real world.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    I can believe that, it all depends on what gear you start in and other factors play into the outcome. The STI's i see run at my track tend to be trapping right around 100mph bone stock, 99-101 is the average, the srt-4s usually are a touch lower like 98-100mph but close enough that it wouldn't make much difference. I have posted this before but i ran my stage II wrx vs my friends stock wrx from a 25mph roll and we were dead even to 65mph we did it 4 times, i then took my car to the track and ran a 13.6@100mph to his 14.7@92mph so as you can see numbers that look like a lot on paper and at the track are much closer in the real world.
    i agree .. i also want to say that i would not get rid of my car for an srt4 ,but i would buy an srt4 to mess around in. i am thinking either srt4 or a colbaltss. not sure what i am doing yet ,but either way the rex is not going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx View Post
    Why would someone run a stage 1 map with a turbo back system on a sti???? I'm sorry something doesn't add up.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by 06grayrex View Post
    Why would someone run a stage 1 map with a turbo back system on a sti???? I'm sorry something doesn't add up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.