Why Do People Only Mess With Me...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why Do People Only Mess With Me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...when I have a trunk full of groceries and my family's in the car? We just finished shopping and were ...

Why Do People Only Mess With Me...

...when I have a trunk full of groceries and my family's in the car?

We just finished shopping and were leaving the parking lot. I stopped at the stop sign before turning on to the street. An Eclipse turned out of the McDonalds across the street and headed the same direction I was going to go. A car turned onto the street a block down, so I pulled out and got on it a bit so I wasn't holding up anything. I got into the left lane since the right one ends a block down the road. All of a sudden, this gray Hyundai Tiburon pulls out of the McDonalds parking lot. He swerves into the right lane and tries to get around me, but his lane is coming to an end. He slams on his brakes, but it's a bit slick. I'm surprised he doesn't hit the curb.

Anyhow, he pulls in behind us and follows us to the next light. When it turns green, we all go and our lane is turning left. I stay in the left lane and he stays behind me. About this time, I realize the first car that pulled out of the McD's lot is with him. They try to box me in but traffic is not on their side. I get past both of them and would have lost them at this point, but we hit another red light.

My wife is starting to panic, and so is one of my daughters. My oldest was kind of into the whole thing and was my cheering section.

So, we turn right and I really get on it. The WRX pulled a block on these toads and I would have got away again but we hit traffic and they got back behind me.

At the next light, I turned left, leaving the Eclipse behind because he was in the wrong lane. I turned right into a gas station and ran through it and back right through the intersection again. I once again floored it and left the Tiburon way back there. A quick left and right, down the block, and I backed into my sister-in-law's driveway. I cut the lights and rolled down the window, listening for the Hyundai's fart can exhaust. It was nowhere to be heard. Woo hoo! We got home safely and got her in the garage.

The WRX saves the day again. My groceries were a bit disheveled, but my family is OK. Love the way this thing drives. I just wish douchebags wouldn't mess with me when my family is on board.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by e-merlin View Post
    ...when I have a trunk full of groceries and my family's in the car?

We just finished shopping and were leaving the parking lot. I stopped at the stop sign before turning on to the street. An Eclipse turned out of the McDonalds across the street and headed the same direction I was going to go. A car turned onto the street a block down, so I pulled out and got on it a bit so I wasn't holding up anything. I got into the left lane since the right one ends a block down the road. All of a sudden, this gray Hyundai Tiburon pulls out of the McDonalds parking lot. He swerves into the right lane and tries to get around me, but his lane is coming to an end. He slams on his brakes, but it's a bit slick. I'm surprised he doesn't hit the curb.

Anyhow, he pulls in behind us and follows us to the next light. When it turns green, we all go and our lane is turning left. I stay in the left lane and he stays behind me. About this time, I realize the first car that pulled out of the McD's lot is with him. They try to box me in but traffic is not on their side. I get past both of them and would have lost them at this point, but we hit another red light.

My wife is starting to panic, and so is one of my daughters. My oldest was kind of into the whole thing and was my cheering section.

So, we turn right and I really get on it. The WRX pulled a block on these toads and I would have got away again but we hit traffic and they got back behind me.

At the next light, I turned left, leaving the Eclipse behind because he was in the wrong lane. I turned right into a gas station and ran through it and back right through the intersection again. I once again floored it and left the Tiburon way back there. A quick left and right, down the block, and I backed into my sister-in-law's driveway. I cut the lights and rolled down the window, listening for the Hyundai's fart can exhaust. It was nowhere to be heard. Woo hoo! We got home safely and got her in the garage.

The WRX saves the day again. My groceries were a bit disheveled, but my family is OK. Love the way this thing drives. I just wish douchebags wouldn't mess with me when my family is on board.

it sounds like u kinda lead them on
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

You must be so proud of yourself. The whole family member in the car
    05 WRX Stg 2
    Helix catted DP
    Greddy Evo 2

You wish the douche-bags didn't mess with you while your family was in the car

Last I checked the other car's were not the ones that had you flooring your car with your family in it and make what sounds like dangerous moves.
    You caused this problem all your own buddy. You should have ignored them and just went about your day. Trying to keep ahead of a couple ricers and putting your family on the line is probably not a good idea.
    And the fact that your wife and one of your daughters were panicing speaks volumes about the situation

But that's just me.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    it sounds like u kinda lead them on
    Guess you had to be there. I wasn't looking for trouble. They were the ones swerving into my lane trying to hit my car. I felt I was trying to protect my family by trying to get away and lose them.

How would you have handled the situation?
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

shot them

but i have a bad temper
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

If I was alone, I would have gotten crazy.

If I had a wife and 2 kids in the car, I would have pulled over at a gas station or store or something like that and let them pass and go on with their day.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    If I was alone, I would have gotten crazy.

If I had a wife and 2 kids in the car, I would have pulled over at a gas station or store or something like that and let them pass and go on with their day.
    Even if you felt threatened; gunning back will only escalade the matter. You could have just pointed and laughed, shaken your head, or simply ignored them and gone the speed limit.

True story rex. Its fun to play, but like kids in the school yard, if you don't play back (AKA don't speed up or pull over) they will lose interest and go on their way. You really have nothing to prove to an Eclipse or a Tiburon; or anyone for that point. Not with the safety of your family on the line. Even if it was a SRT4 or a lambo, it doesn't matter. My 2 cents: My family is more important than my pride or my car, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaWRX View Post
    My 2 cents: My family is more important than my pride or my car, but that's just me.
    I would have to agree with you on that. I had similar situation, but having my loved ones in the car is reason enough not to react to it by simply pulling out of the lane to let them pass.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Newks View Post
    shot them

but i have a bad temper
    LMAO~!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Banned
    Why are u complaining. It sounds like you entirely egged them on. even to your wifes and child's dismay.

yeah i think part of it is your fault too for encouraging it

if its any consolation, i think you were in the right. if they were trying to box you in, i would have tried to loose them too. as long as you werent being wreckless. you solved the issue of a potential stopping and having words, ass kicking in front of your family. i took it as they were panicing because you were being followed, not because you were trying to get away. so +1 to you

Guess you had to be there. I wasn't looking for trouble. They were the ones swerving into my lane trying to hit my car. I felt I was trying to protect my family by trying to get away and lose them.

i would have explained it better to the forum, using creative diagrams I made in MS Paint.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou View Post
    i would have explained it better to the forum, using creative diagrams I made in MS Paint.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast