Silly V8.... digs are for me....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Silly V8.... digs are for me.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced my buddies 02 LS1 Firebrid the other day for the 2nd time.... first time i owned him so ...

Silly V8.... digs are for me....

I raced my buddies 02 LS1 Firebrid the other day for the 2nd time.... first time i owned him so he wanted sum more.... we first went to watch my friend rape a 5.0 in his vr6 then my buddy asked to race me.. so we went out and ran from a dig till 100mph.... i broke loose on launch and kicked it out a lil.... but i pulled away till 100.. in the end i had 4-5 cars on him... then he decided that we needed to make it fair so we went from a 25mph roll he got the initial jump on me but i quickly regained my ground and pulled a car in front of him till we got to about 80mph.. then he got next to me.. freakin V8 displacement... and we stayed like that till 100mph... later that night i asked wat his new mod was he said he put his cams in.... he hopes to run 12s...im hopin to nail low 11s high 10s wit my built 2.5 block and 35r.... but that will be a lil bit down the road...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill.

I am surprised a bolt on LS1 caught up to you from a roll with your mods. Built 2.5L with 35r should walk any LS1 that is not boosting.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Thats cool, what mods do you have? I just got a 98 Mustang GT thats slow as **** so I need to do the cam/intake/exhaust thing. Those LS1s are pretty sweet. About $500 worth of bolt ons and they will spank ALOT of cars from a roll or a dig.

Quote Originally Posted by mball View Post
    Thats cool, what mods do you have? I just got a 98 Mustang GT thats slow as **** so I need to do the cam/intake/exhaust thing. Those LS1s are pretty sweet. About $500 worth of bolt ons and they will spank ALOT of cars from a roll or a dig.
    +1 on your mods.
    I thought you had a built 2.5L with 35r, but I reread your post and it seems that is what you have planned for the future.

As for the stang, they can pack a decent punch with bolt on's. My friend in high school had one with intake, headers, x-pipe, catback, rear, and ecu and it was running consistant low 14's.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Bades View Post
    ... later that night i asked wat his new mod was he said he put his cams in....
    He only has one cam. Also, he doesn't need a cam to run 12s, just DRs, intake and exhaust and better driving should do it.

Does he have Auto or Manual? If auto, then all he needs stall and intake and exhaust and DRs.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Built 2.5L with 35r should walk any LS1 that is not boosting.
    Not really, the tread starter only has 300 whp, that isn't much, I know many LS1 F-Bodys with well over 400 rwhp with stall (A4) and gears (M6), what will put hurt on 300 whp awd cars. He may walk minor bolt on LS1s but not any as you've indicated.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06 View Post
    Not really, the tread starter only has 300 whp, that isn't much, I know many LS1 F-Bodys with well over 400 rwhp with stall (A4) and gears (M6), what will put hurt on 300 whp awd cars. He may walk minor bolt on LS1s but not any as you've indicated.
    I don't think that the OP has the built 2.5l w/ 35r yet. It sounds like he's planning on getting that in the future. If he did have it, he'd be putting down significantly more than 300awhp and would in fact walk away from slightly modded LS1s. A built 2.5l w/ 35r should easily get close to 400awhp. Just my $.02.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

As for the stang, they can pack a decent punch with bolt on's. My friend in high school had one with intake, headers, x-pipe, catback, rear, and ecu and it was running consistant low 14's.
    Yea, I ran a dismal 15.1 @ 97 mph Its also a vert which weights 200 lbs more. So I am doing cams, intake, full exhaust, 70mm throttle body, 4:10 gears and pulley. Supposed to be good for 60-65 rwhp and should boost me into high 13s with a trap over 100 mph. We'll see.
    Last edited by mball; 01-19-2007 at 10:03 PM.

How can it be any fair starting from a roll? If a car can reel in a very good launched AWD car without a problem, then you deserve the title as a very good driver with a fast car. Then again, your car is quite built.

Good kill for you!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06 View Post
    Read my above post. I mis-read his mods. I thought that he currently had a built 2.5L and 35R, but it turns out those are his future mods. That setup (the one I thought he had when I made that statement) would be making over 400whp with some solid traction. Which, for the most part, would be out of reach for non-boosted LS1's.

But yeah, at his current 300whp setup, there are many non-boosted LS1's that could take him.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Good Kill
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

But yeah, at his current 300whp setup, there are many non-boosted LS1's that could take him.
    If his buddy has a cam, and exaust done, he should be putting out well over 350. The right cam, heads and exaust on an ls1 can easily put out over 400hp.

Sounds like his buddy needs the driver mod. Hes running 15's in the quarter, that ls1 runs 13's bone stock.

Hell a cam and bolt ons alone can put down 400+ at the tires. I have seen some friends put down 360-370 with just bolt ons.
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop

well guys next time we race im gonna video it so i can post it for ya... my built tranny should be done shortly.... along wit carbon driveshaft.. so yea itll be fun...then onto the engine.. hopefully ill have it in b4 summer begins....and so far ive run my car a the car a tthe track once, i ran a 12.9 @106 first run ever.. not to bad, i guess... and i was hittin boost cut at the top of each gear...when the season starts back up ill run it again and post my slips....but now i need a helmet...
    315 AWHP and 345 ft lbs of torque on 93 octane......runs a 12.9 first time at the track..... now runnin 12.6s

Your buddy needs some help setting up his car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast