07 tr vs 07 si 4 door - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 tr vs 07 si 4 door within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by powder I am really glad you asked that. It's not what's wrong w/ the car... it's who ...

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I am really glad you asked that. It's not what's wrong w/ the car... it's who drives the f***ing things! Annoying hs/college/w/e boys and girls who just like have a fart pipe and euro tails. Generally of course. They aren't all that way and i actually see a few that look decent. It's the other 85% that says "this is what's wrong w/ civics."
    Such a sterotype, everyones been in hs and everyones been in college unless they dropped out but I think everyone here who owns a wrx or STI has so thats kinda stupid to say that only hs and college people drive civics. Every car has been riced out not just honda's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    My WRX gives me goosebumps every time i see it, sit in and put the pedal to the metal... that's soul.
    My car sometimes gives me a chubby......Then again, I am 18, so it doesnt take much...lol

My car has a lot of soul, and coming from a 2000 civic, i agree with whomever said that you were driving a computer that was driving the car. I am in complete control of my car when I am driving. Sometimes, I get out and find a reason to drive it just so I can actually have a sense of control.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    Such a sterotype, everyones been in hs and everyones been in college unless they dropped out but I think everyone here who owns a wrx or STI has so thats kinda stupid to say that only hs and college people drive civics. Every car has been riced out not just honda's.
    I already said it was a generalization, what do you want from me? I know they're not all like that and every once in a while i see an old lady or dude drivin the same ish. Thanks for the lecture though. Everyone needs one every so often.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by twrx it View Post
    There's at least a 30 hp diff. between an '07 Si and an '07 Civ. Si, so there really should be no contest. The new civ. si is rated at a 14.9-15.2, so there's really no comparison, considering stock '06 Subies, with a good run can dip into the 13s. I personally don't give a crap about highway runs, but I'm also fairly sure a new WRX would steadily pull on a new Civic. Bottom line. The older wrx's might be a diff. story, I dunno...
    i think the older rexs would be closer waay closer
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61

I think the new Civic Si with the Honda lip kit looks pretty sweet if you ask me. For the price you get a pretty good overall car. Although, around here, you can't really get them for that much cheaper than a WRX. So I would rather have the AWD WRX.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Civics are souless econoboxes... no style... no soul...

Of course, that's just my opinion...
    That's my opinion, too. Honda makes a great car. But my Subaru has more personality and soul than almost anything else I've ever driven.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    my Subaru has more personality and soul than almost anything else I've ever driven.

You've obviously never driven a Kia Rio.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Asx
    my old 88 RX-7 convertible had plenty of soul. As in it was a cantankerous little ***** when it wanted to be and fun to drive (but slow) when I wanted it to be.

My dad's 84 RX-7 (13b from the next generation) seemed very hyper to me. eager to go out and run. Not that fast, but it seemed to just want to play.

my stock 05 WRX wagon seemed tired, because it would just run out of steam past 5.5k rpms. Sleepy, kind of like the Bunta character in Initial D. After the exhaust and tune it seems more like a workhorse now. Strong, but still not that fast. I wouldn't call it soulless, but it doesn't really have a strong personality yet. That will have to wait until the injectors start leaking and it only wants to start when you talk nice to it.

I also agree with the goosebumps. I was coming out of my apartment on Sunday, looked down and saw how hungry my WRX looked. I had to take it out for a quick spin, just some streets I haven't been on before. Then I forgot I was in the middle of a BBQ...

About two weeks ago, I had a new SI rev up on me. We exchanged a few words back and forth, and he dropped a gear. I dropped and came up behind him and when the road opened up I left him on the straight away. Must have been 3rd in 4th gear. I'd still like to take one from a dig though...

-A
    Sold - 07' OBP WRX LTD
    Now - 07' OBP STI

07 Si's are nice.. I don't like the older ones 03-06...

Impreza's have the advantage if you live in an area that gets snow!

WRX's have an advantage if you get out of your car and push it.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Aspen White 2006 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by airmanhanna View Post
    i searched, but could not find much. flame if you must, but my room mate just bought an '07 civic si. ive got a 07 tr stock. what am i in for?

Since we have wandered a little bit from the original post, I think I will re-address the OP'ers topic:

Well, I autoX. I rallyX. For me, the RS, STi, and WRX I have owned have been awesome. In the realm of all three of those, I think the 07 TR is going to be better with stock class modifications.

On the street, 90% of the people can't drive, so it honestly depends on who doesn't suck as a driver, as I am sure there is quite a bit of variation in each of your driving "skills". While it seems like quite a boring dicussion to me, personally, I think that with equal drivers, the TR is faster from a dig (duh), but from a roll, the Honda is a good momentum machine. That is more of a "drivers" race.

I would just take them both to the drag strip, and see, if that is your cup of tea. I think Honda drivers would be better suited to something like autoXes or track days to prove their worth.

Now, once you move away from stock, the SI is toast with equivalent drivers and a moderate amount of money. However, I think they are both great cars. Since I rallyX more now, there is no touching the WRX since it can rally, win stock, and then drive home with the wife in a "soft" feeling car without her complaining When the wife is happy, everyone is happy.

I think I would be the only person to raise my WRX in this thread, and think it is sexier that way as well

- dow

Quote Originally Posted by dowroa View Post
    Since we have wandered a little bit from the original post, I think I will re-address the OP'ers topic:

Well, I autoX. I rallyX. For me, the RS, STi, and WRX I have owned have been awesome. In the realm of all three of those, I think the 07 TR is going to be better with stock class modifications.

On the street, 90% of the people can't drive, so it honestly depends on who doesn't suck as a driver, as I am sure there is quite a bit of variation in each of your driving "skills". While it seems like quite a boring dicussion to me, personally, I think that with equal drivers, the TR is faster from a dig (duh), but from a roll, the Honda is a good momentum machine. That is more of a "drivers" race.

I would just take them both to the drag strip, and see, if that is your cup of tea. I think Honda drivers would be better suited to something like autoXes or track days to prove their worth.

Now, once you move away from stock, the SI is toast with equivalent drivers and a moderate amount of money. However, I think they are both great cars. Since I rallyX more now, there is no touching the WRX since it can rally, win stock, and then drive home with the wife in a "soft" feeling car without her complaining When the wife is happy, everyone is happy.

I think I would be the only person to raise my WRX in this thread, and think it is sexier that way as well

- dow
    from a roll it really is a drivers race. if we roll from 75 or so, its dead even all the way to the top. i think its a little areodynamics, and a little gearing.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #61
    Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I measure my HP with my butt dyno with a 120mph frumaroll. I then put on my flashers to signal completion of my butt dyno test.
    07 wrx wrb stage .63

You've obviously never driven a Kia Rio.[/QUOTE]

I've driven hundreds of rio's, one that sticks out in my mind is this gold one with zerbra striped seat covers, a long shifter kit(yes, opposite of short shifter, the knob was almost shoulder level!), ghost flame window tint and green neon underglows. That little rio had soul. Too bad the required brake work totaled it!
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by airmanhanna View Post
    ok, now that the car is broke in, it has gotten uglier. for one the kid can't launch that car to save his life. from a roll, now that i have 1500 miles, and im a little more broke in, a 30 to 100 roll results in about 5 to 6 car lengths. he still talks trash tho. oh well, i don't own a civic!!!
    What? Your kidding?
    Quote Originally Posted by njazwrx
    is that after he attempts to rape my dead corpse?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast