07 tr vs 07 si 4 door - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 tr vs 07 si 4 door within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; At first I was going to say "I'm glad I dont' have to be concerned whether a Civic is a ...

At first I was going to say "I'm glad I dont' have to be concerned whether a Civic is a challenge for my car" and then I remembered I did have a new Civic Si coupe trying to get me to go from a roll last week. It wasn't a safe place to mess around so I let 'em go. It's safe to say that I could absolutely bash a Civic without much effort -- I'm predicting 103-105 mph traps at my current mod level.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My friend has a 06 2 door SI and we raced from a 20mph roll it was ugly im talking like 6-7 car lenghts

His mods
    Custom catback
    Intake

My 02wrx

250whp

Quote Originally Posted by SjpWrx View Post
    My friend has a 06 2 door SI and we raced from a 20mph roll it was ugly im talking like 6-7 car lenghts

His mods
    Custom catback
    Intake

My 02wrx

250whp
    no sh!t

heres the results. from a dig, it was murder. 30 to 100 i had about 3.5 car lengths. i think he would have pulled back one if we went 125+

New SI sedan you said? Good kills, but that was pretty much expected. If it didn't happen i would have questioned your driving skills.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

ok, now that the car is broke in, it has gotten uglier. for one the kid can't launch that car to save his life. from a roll, now that i have 1500 miles, and im a little more broke in, a 30 to 100 roll results in about 5 to 6 car lengths. he still talks trash tho. oh well, i don't own a civic!!!

whats wrong with civic?

Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    whats wrong with civic?
    +1

The EDM Civic Type R, basically our Si, thoroughly whooped the FWD competition and was recommended over the RWD 1 series in the latest issue of CAR.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by airmanhanna View Post
    ok, now that the car is broke in, it has gotten uglier. for one the kid can't launch that car to save his life. from a roll, now that i have 1500 miles, and im a little more broke in, a 30 to 100 roll results in about 5 to 6 car lengths. he still talks trash tho. oh well, i don't own a civic!!!

yeah, you own an impreza...
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    whats wrong with civic?
    I am really glad you asked that. It's not what's wrong w/ the car... it's who drives the f***ing things! Annoying hs/college/w/e boys and girls who just like have a fart pipe and euro tails. Generally of course. They aren't all that way and i actually see a few that look decent. It's the other 85% that says "this is what's wrong w/ civics."
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

Civics are souless econoboxes... no style... no soul...

Of course, that's just my opinion...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Civics are souless econoboxes... no style... no soul...

Of course, that's just my opinion...
    In which ways does a WRX have more "soul" than a civic si. Most people comment on the si being more fun to drive as a matter of fact considering it handles better, brakes better, is lighter, and more nimble with similar topend acceleration and MUCH better tranny.
    Debates of which car is better aside; it seems ridiculous for a wrx driver to say a civic si has no soul.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    I was looking around for a 2nd DD and test drove the SI recently. This was actually the very first time I had every driven a honda.

I have to admit, it was a pretty good deal for the price, assuming it meets your criteria as to what a car needs. For me, it did not.

I will say this much....after reading all the various posts regarding the supposed top end speed and the great handling, perhaps I was expecting a bit much. My overall impression was WAY TO SLOW! Period. End of story. My wife's van feels faster. Is it? Maybe. I guess I'm spoiled when it comes to HP and torque. I also thought it sounded way to ricy. And by the way...after all the various posts I've seen about VTEC....what's the scoop? It sounded like it got louder, but I could barely feel anything. It handled pretty good, but it also crashed it's way loudly across various things on the road. For a daily driver, it didn't suit my needs, and I would never consider it from a performance perspective, especially when you toss in the FWD. I guess I'm just to used to more torque than my 5HP briggs and stratton lawn mower.
    What was really funny is the they had 4 on the lot, and a 1500 dollar dealer markup posted on the windows. They acted like it was the hottest car in the world and at first did not even want to let me drive it. I just smiled and said if I don't drive it, I don't buy it. After the drive, I ****ered with them a bit just to test the waters and they eventually came down to msrp minus 500. Sure, it's a decent car, and I understand it has quite the following for the market it caters to, but they were treating this thing like it was a ferrari.

When it was all said and done, my final impressions were nice interior, interesting lines on the exterior, good handling, good shifting, good breaks. Cluth did not feel all that strong, was too loud inside for the performance it provided, and the controls were a bit too small for my taste.

I think if you weigh less than 150lbs and have no one else in the car with you, this might make a huge difference performance wise. I just wasn't all that impressed, and to honest, a bit let down after everything I had read. But then, it was still pretty inexpensive.

But, for the same price you can get a FWD Mazda Speed 3.....way more FWD performance for the money and what felt like to me as better handling. I just don't get the fascination with the Honda cars, and I probably never will.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    In which ways does a WRX have more "soul" than a civic si. Most people comment on the si being more fun to drive as a matter of fact considering it handles better, brakes better, is lighter, and more nimble with similar topend acceleration and MUCH better tranny.
    Debates of which car is better aside; it seems ridiculous for a wrx driver to say a civic si has no soul.
    I don't know that the WRX has any more "soul" at all.

And the quality of components or handling or performance don't really translate into soul either, do they? Soul is a certain feel that the car gives you when you look at it, sit in it, and drive it. It has nothing to do with skidpad numbers, 0-60 times, or HP numbers. If the Civic had better numbers all the way around than the WRX, I still wouldn't buy one. It's personal opinion, nothing more than that, (and I believe I said so).

So to say that my personal opinion is ridiculous is pretty ridiculous as well.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

a cars soul is in the eye of the beholder. i own 3 subarus, each having their own "personality". my roomate and I have a key rack with both our keys hanging on it. we give each other free reign over our vehicles, so i have plenty of wheel time in the civic. the civic feels like a honda. solid, predictable....... boring. it feels like your driving a computer thats driving the car. It just doesn't feel like a drivers car. the wrx has that feeling. i feel much more connected to my car. i feel like i am driving it not riding in it. has a b!tchin stereo in it though.

My WRX gives me goosebumps every time i see it, sit in and put the pedal to the metal... that's soul.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast