Subie vs. DSM??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Subie vs. DSM??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Your flywheel shattered? What kind was it and what did it take with it? Was that your high 11 second ...

Your flywheel shattered? What kind was it and what did it take with it? Was that your high 11 second run filmed above? you have a scatter shield on it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it was just a stock flywheel, just the teeth shattered and theres a big crack going across it. no that isnt me in that vid.
    Gone v8 hunting be back in a few.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    Sure, if you want drag, go with a DSM.
    If you want something that'll take the corners at WOT, AND get dem ladies at the same time, buy a subie.
    Hahaha.
    Don't get me wrong i love subies but i hate these statements. A DSM can go through corners like any other car including an STI with a good suspension setup, and any good looking car can pick up ladies including DSM's.

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    Don't get me wrong i love subies but i hate these statements. A DSM can go through corners like any other car including an STI with a good suspension setup, and any good looking car can pick up ladies including DSM's.

It's okay project, breeeeatthhhe . I'm just messing around. Me and Toxik have known eachother for years, we're just kidding around.
    But I totally agree with you, DSM's are some nicing looking cars, and they handle just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny V View Post
    Yup, like everyone has said, the DSM is no joke. It packs the same legendary 4g63 engine that is in the Evolutions. The wiring, however, on the older dsms is crappy and depending on the year, he may be taking his crank for a walk sooner or later.
    crankwalk was only an issue for the 2g models.

the 1g dsm has the same chance of developing crank walk as a say.... a honda civic

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick View Post
    crankwalk was only an issue for the 2g models.

the 1g dsm has the same chance of developing crank walk as a say.... a honda civic
    False, 92.5 was when dsm switched over to the 7 bolt motor which was the crankwalk common one. And 1g cars were made up until 94...its just a general consensus its only 2nd gen dsms because thats all they had was the 7 bolt motor. Half right though

I've never heard of a walking 1st gen, 7 bolt or not. As I said a year ago in this thread, I bought my first Eclipse (new) in 1992 and have owned a half dozen since then, plus a Galant VR4 and an 89 Mirage turbo. I remember when crank walk was just a rumor, then confirmed, then almost an epidemic. It's safe to say I have a little experience with DSMs.

I'd love to see a link to a 1g that had crankwalk.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

im not saying youre wrong, it is a lot less heard of for crankwalk in the 1st g's but you have to remember it was 92.5 and up the motor was switched to the exact same motor the 2nd gens have, i dont understand how they would get it but the 1st gens wont. I have also owned various dsms (3 to be exact) before i bought my wrx, so i have done alot of reading on them...true 2nd gens were bad for it, but there are 1st gens that have had it...

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Who cares?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123