'05 STi vs friends '01 Trans AM - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on '05 STi vs friends '01 Trans AM within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ntg06 first off, WRXmex that car in your avatar looks amazing (at least from the backside) okay ...

Quote Originally Posted by ntg06 View Post
    first off, WRXmex that car in your avatar looks amazing (at least from the backside) okay back on topic......nice run!
    Haha f430= pitched tent
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRex View Post
    Reason: Driving back from picking up my STi
    Cars: my '05 STi with a Catless TBE. Running on 91 octane
    His '01 Trans AM with Rocker Arms, Cams, Injectors, All sway bars running on some fat ass tires in the rear. He said pretty much everything thats in the LS6?? Im not a vette or trans am V8 guy, SO please dont flame me (im just going by what I remember him telling me.) Also Running on 91 octane.

Races: 3 in a row from a dig. I let him honk, and after the third honk I get what felt like a 1.7 60' time launch on him. By the end of 1st I have about 2 1/2 cars on him, 4th gear comes up and he gains back about 1 car. By the time I hit 5th and stay on it for a couple of seconds he shuts down all 3 times, w/ me about 1 car 1/2.

He declines a 4th race from a stop, and so we do 2 first gear roles and 1 2nd gear role.

The 2 first gear roles, I launch the car (press in clutch and slip very fast) on the third honk by him going ~15mph. I gain about 1 car, and he stays on my bumper til a bout ~100 when I shift to 5th hes next to me and slowly creaps by.

The last race from a 2nd gear role, im going about 25, 3 honks and I stay next to him til mid 3rd gear, the shift to 4th he starts to creap away from me, and I loose by about 1 car thru 5th ~110, more had we kept going.

All in all, I can do a real good job of holding him back from 0-15 thru 100-115
    I was pleased with the outcome either way
    Looking at the times in your sig, your friend is either lying or cant drive. An LS6 will bury those times and mph..LS6s are anywhere from 385-405hp and 385-400 tq.
    Last edited by mball; 01-19-2007 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXmex View Post
    Gotcha Clovis is one boring town. I have an aunt who lives there and never shall I visit her for an extended period of time again! Good luck with the storm this weekend
    Yes Sir... I brought my girlfriend one time down there from El Paso, and I felt so bad for her. In 1 week of stayin there I saw her get really depressed! anyways, Im in Las vegas Nevada right now til the 17th of feb, for work. I've talked to some people and they say the whole town is closed cause of the snow storn they got. 10" in a couple days

btw, I dont know whats up with my friends trans am, he just recently told me hes consuming alot of oil. Guess hes going to tear into it to see if he can find the problem. Im sure he makes alot more power then me, and I was really surprised to have held him off for as long as I did, but it happened.
    '05 Black STi 13.389 @ 101.54 on awesome NM 90 Octane At Lubbock Speedway 3200ft Elev. with just a catless Turboback.

hrm, i'm assuming exhaust as well. If his **** didn't knock your cock off something's wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ntg06 View Post
    first off, WRXmex that car in your avatar looks amazing (at least from the backside) okay back on topic......nice run!
    It's a Novitec F430 Spyder: http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/N...6/F430_Spider/
    N.E. F4
    Mods

His car was not running right. A cammed up LS1 w/ DR's could easily be into the 11s.

By the way, if you got an AP to compliment the TBE, your problems could be solved.

Something doesnt add up.

His car could either be sick or he cant drive. A bolt on and cam LS1 can put down 400+ rwhp and run 11's with a DR.
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12