STI vs stage II WRX - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 84

This is a discussion on STI vs stage II WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex 237whp/234tq. I have raced more than one stage2 OTS 06' WRX. They can launch harder ...

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    237whp/234tq.

    I have raced more than one stage2 OTS 06' WRX. They can launch harder and that torque helps them out in 1st gear but after that its all me.
    okay man, sorry I gave you that attitude, but really though. I wish we could meet up so I could see it for myself.

    By the way, I see that you're from Chicago. You wouldn't happen to know any reputable shops in the STL area that I could get my car protuned would you? If not, where in Chi-town did you go?
    2006 WRB Impreza WRX TR
    -Cobb stg.2
    -Eclipse AVN 6600 In dash DVD/NAV

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User REX2ning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Posts
    38
    This is a video of an MY02 WRX XPT Stage 2 w/ gutted upipe and a cattless dp vs. a MY06 STi COBB Stage 1 from a 40mph roll. Both are good drivers, I know them. Camera is in the STi.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hAkWVKSYws

    This is quite typical, the stage 2 WRX pulls about a car at first. After 3rd gear the STi jumps back in the front with ease.
    2002 WRX
    2007 Volvo S40

  4. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by REX2ning View Post
    This is a video of an MY02 WRX XPT Stage 2 w/ gutted upipe and a cattless dp vs. a MY06 STi COBB Stage 1 from a 40mph roll. Both are good drivers, I know them. Camera is in the STi.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hAkWVKSYws

    This is quite typical, the stage 2 WRX pulls about a car at first. After 3rd gear the STi jumps back in the front with ease.
    You don't have a protune or anything though. DOn't you think a 2.5 stg.2 would be a little different??
    2006 WRB Impreza WRX TR
    -Cobb stg.2
    -Eclipse AVN 6600 In dash DVD/NAV

  5. #49
    Registered User branemaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    812

    I dunno?

    I dont understand....According to the Cobb website, the 06 has like the same hp number, but like 50 more torque...both stage 2. That is what the site says, but I thought someone (sexyrex?) on here had like 250hp and 313tq when he actually dynoed it.

    Is this because they both use the td04 and the 2.5 actually needs something that breathes more for the upper rpm range?
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

  6. #50
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by branemaniac View Post
    I dont understand....According to the Cobb website, the 06 has like the same hp number, but like 50 more torque...both stage 2. That is what the site says, but I thought someone (sexyrex?) on here had like 250hp and 313tq when he actually dynoed it.

    Is this because they both use the td04 and the 2.5 actually needs something that breathes more for the upper rpm range?
    The 02-05 and the 06' will basically make the same hp numbers mod for mod on the td04. There are some instances of the 06's putting down numbers nearing 250whp on a protune, but your basic stage2 OTS setup is going to net the same results for whp. Torque is a different story.. and once the turbo gets upgraded the 06's make considerably more.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  7. #51
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by twrx it View Post
    okay man, sorry I gave you that attitude, but really though. I wish we could meet up so I could see it for myself.

    By the way, I see that you're from Chicago. You wouldn't happen to know any reputable shops in the STL area that I could get my car protuned would you? If not, where in Chi-town did you go?
    Not sure about STL... I have never really been down there, but you could try the local forums and see if anyone knows. As for Chi-town we have a few that can do it. I am not sure which is the best, but I went with GRD which is in the burb's about 30min outside of the city.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  8. #52
    Registered User tom'sti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    1,381
    so, i'm ignorant but curious about tuning subarus. i've read this whole thread, cant help but notice all comparisons are to a stock sti. and how much do stage 2 mods cost, what is included? as for now i think comparing apples to apples is best. compare a stock wrx, or sti, to anything else but a subaru. the imprezas are one of the best values for the money, lets put a hurt on someone who actually needs mods(honda, nissan, poor poor toyota).

  9. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    51
    DTR, check your pm.
    2006 WRB Impreza WRX TR
    -Cobb stg.2
    -Eclipse AVN 6600 In dash DVD/NAV

  10. #54
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    Sti envy is almost as bad as pen*s envy

    06 subaru srt4 ftw!
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  11. #55
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    Sti envy is almost as bad as pen*s envy
    Sounds about right.

    I am envious of your STI, but you are envious of my pen*s.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  12. #56
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    i hate STI's.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  13. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    i hate STI's.
    Umm, you sir, are crazy!! You drive a WRX, but you "hate" Sti's!?!?
    2006 WRB Impreza WRX TR
    -Cobb stg.2
    -Eclipse AVN 6600 In dash DVD/NAV

  14. #58
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by twrx it View Post
    Umm, you sir, are crazy!! You drive a WRX, but you "hate" Sti's!?!?
    i think he was being sarcastic.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  15. #59
    Registered User Herknav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    i think he was being sarcastic.

    +1

    I think it was pretty obvious actually. But then sarcasm on the internet sometimes doesn't translate because it relies so much on the wits of the reader instead of the inflections of the writer...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

  16. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    +1

    I think it was pretty obvious actually. But then sarcasm on the internet sometimes doesn't translate because it relies so much on the wits of the reader instead of the inflections of the writer...
    true, but another factor would be the readers awareness or knowledge of the other writer. If you've seen "powder" post alot, you probably understand his posts and when he's utilizing sarcasm/humor. I personally didn't see that.

    I apologize.
    2006 WRB Impreza WRX TR
    -Cobb stg.2
    -Eclipse AVN 6600 In dash DVD/NAV

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •