STI vs stage II WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs stage II WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last month this guy in a '07 WRX rolled all hard next to me...he was all pulling bong hits and ...

Orly?

Last month this guy in a '07 WRX rolled all hard next to me...he was all pulling bong hits and revving at the same time!

I was like, "crap, the dreaded oh theven!"

He looked at me with a wink and a smile.

I felt weird.

My wife asked me what was happening. I said, "STOP! Look baby, this is serious. 2.0 verzus the mad money 2.5. Just stop even ACKNOWLEDGING MY EXISTENCE WOMAN!"

She went, "but baby, you exist...you are a person.. to me: "NO I'M NOT! I'm not worthy!" So homie took a giant chew off his slim jim and rumbled off into the distance.

I pointed, "look baby, he's the new fast, and don't play."
    Last edited by wrx_n_efx; 02-02-2007 at 09:33 PM. Reason: serious business
    I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've been rev'd on by 2 sti's, both vag's... i always act like i'm gonna go and when they do... i wave. Street racing is teh ghey.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

A well modded Stage 2 can beat an sti, but you would have to be a good driver.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

fastest stage II i've heard of is high 12's or low 13's. . about the same times as the fastest stock STi i've heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    I know this questioned has been bounced around the block as many times as a wheel spins but the search function seems to be on the dump. I can never remember so please help me out here.

Im wondering as to the result of a race between a stage 2 02' wrx and a stock STI in a drag oriented style race.

Thank you
    If your a good driver with stg2 then you should be able to beat an STi. I've beaten stock STi's with my stg2. hopefully i'll be able to meet up with a really good STi driver someday.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

from a dig? roll? or both?

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6 View Post

I think my stage II wrx has a better chance of keeping up with an sti from a roll which i know sounds odd, but my trap speed was nearly 101mph and that is what your average STI will trap at, with the weak trans in my wrx the sti has a great advantage in the launching because they don't have to worry about blowing their tranny as much, but either way it comes down to the driver, im sure a roll race from 70-120mph the sti will win every time, but if you are doing a 20-80 roll race i think it would be close, at least from the numbers my car has put down and the numbers i have seen the average stock sti run at the track i go to, they are very close, the biggest difference is my 1.8 60-foot isn't as good as the 1.7 60-foot times that i see some of the good drivers pull in stock STIs.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6 View Post
    I've raced both from a dig and roll. If you havent ridden a stock STi you will notice its torque and power keeps going up till 6k and just dies off. As to a stg2 wrx you will feel the power go all the way to redline. Well as for me it does. I've also raced a Stg2 STi and it makes that car a whole lot different. It put the same amount of distance like 2-3 cars on me just as the same as i put on a stock STi.

All in all I think a STG2 WRX+a good driver can keep up with an STi and/or beat it. You just have to go try it and see what happens.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

well i dunno because when my sti was stock i raced (as posted above) against a stg 2 06 wrx. it pulled initially thanks to earlier spool but i passed him at top of 3rd and 4th gear was going to get ugly. it was from a 20 roll.

I'm a digger myself.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

In the end, it could either way.... but for the most part, I would put my money on a stock sti vs OTS stage2 wrx.

OTS stage2 (my car) vs. friends stock STi allowed him to win each time we ran.

Once I got a new uppipe on there and got a protune (237whp) I can pull him in the lower gears... However he still gets me uptop once speeds get going.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

[QUOTE=subyguy;1819614]I've raced both from a dig and roll. If you havent ridden a stock STi you will notice its torque and power keeps going up till 6k and just dies off. As to a stg2 wrx you will feel the power go all the way to redline. Well as for me it does. QUOTE]

I never raced an STI yet, but my stage 2 also pulls like he*@. I have a 02 also. Lots of people have told me that they have beat STI's with stage 2 on 02 and 03 models. I agree.

The fuel delivery and maping on a stage 2 are better, than a stock STI. Simply put...The STI might have higher HP, but it drops after hiting the high point. Whereas the stage 2 is more of a gradual increase in HP throughout the power band. The fuel/timing is mapped so that the Turbo has a better output and power curve delivery. That's my only reason why many stage 2 WRX are betting STI.

Otherwise, there would not be ANY stories of stage 2 WRX beating STI.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Gotta love the number of WRX owners who make it their sole purpose in life to beat a stock STi in a straight-line.

Not that this thread has gone in that direction, it just got me thinkin' with all the varied responses. Isn't there more to the STi than it's straight-line performance?
    Last edited by STI-51; 02-06-2007 at 11:26 AM.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar

'07+ STi's are teh f4st4rrrr...

I don't think even a 2.5L WRX @ Stage 2 could beat an '07+ STi, probably would be neck and neck with an awesome driver in the WRX, if anything.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I don't think even a 2.5L WRX @ Stage 2 could beat an '07+ STi, probably would be neck and neck with an awesome driver in the WRX, if anything.

an awesome driver in a Stage 2 any year wrx will beat your typical driver in an STI. Sure i have read that some people broke into the 12s in a stock STI, but if you go to the track often you will see most of them running mid to lower 13s, and the people that tend to go to the track are better drivers then your average person on the street. You will see your average stage 2 wrx running mid to upper 13s at the track, so yes the sti is a few ticks quicker with equal drivers, but i have also seen my fair share of STIs running 14s, and its very common and i have also seen my fair share of stage 2 wrxs running low 13s so while the sti still has an advantage in a situation with two identical drivers, that situation rarely occurs and if the wrx driver is better then the sti driver, the wrx could EASILY win, we are talking a few tenths of a second here with equal drivers, and 1-2mph advantage to the sti, thats next to nothing when we have humans and not robots driving.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.