wrx vs gti?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx vs gti? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a question theres a 2005 vw gti with "3k" work done and it has 270 horse power which ...

Question wrx vs gti?

I have a question theres a 2005 vw gti with "3k" work done and it has 270 horse power which i don't believe but i was wondering if i might have a chance with 05 wrx with turboback over the gti?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by landrocket450 View Post
    I have a question theres a 2005 vw gti with "3k" work done and it has 270 horse power which i don't believe but i was wondering if i might have a chance with 05 wrx with turboback over the gti?
    If it really has 3k in work it could easily have 270hp and even an aftermarket turbo, but more likely a full exhaust, intake, tune, and maybe some other goodies, like suspension and wheels who knows where the 3k came from, but a GTI will give you a run for your money with those mods. I am sure you could take him from a dig up to 70mph or so with no problem, but from a roll you might lose.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

If it has that much power, it is FWD and that spells trouble. If you do race do it from a dig, not a roll. If you get a good launch you will probably win to around 70 or 80

get an mbc before you run him

Only one way to find out. Run him both ways, from a roll and from a Dig. Only real way U will know exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by HBPUNK View Post
    get an mbc before you run him
    worst advice ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927 View Post
    worst advice ever.
    +1
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I always love the anti-MBC Subaru crowd. My LGT ran with one for 12k miles with no issue whatsoever. Ideal? No, but not horrible either. Don't get me started on the whole PTFB scare.

The main reason to not run a MBC today is the availablity of open source tuning software. You can do it "right" for under $100 so now there's no "too expensive" excuse. Several tuners offer email Stage 1 & 2 tunes for $25 so it's even easier to have a professional tune.

I understand anyone not interested in a $1k investment to just start getting their car tuned. It's why I was willing to drop $425 on an EcuTek logger but not willing to spend the same kind of $$ for an AP or other tuning method.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Why?
    Last edited by HBPUNK; 01-14-2007 at 01:16 PM.

$3k in mods tells us NOTHING.

It also depends where those mods are spent. If it is all engine performance then he is probably running an upgraded turbo, tbe, em. Which have him destroying your wrx. If is still on stock turbo but pushing tbe and em you should have him from a dig, but it will be close from a roll. This is all useless though unless we have a mod list.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hmm.. I think if you get a blow off valve.. you'll beat him no matter what

and some stickers

Don't worry about it, its a VW. All the sensors in his car will go bonkers and you will win because he will not know what is going on.

VW=Very Weak
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.