what is faster ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on what is faster ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; At first thats what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up dude......

At first thats what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up dude...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    It's not about the cost... it is about the car.

If you can afford a BMW, and then you decide you can afford to Mod it, than cost is not so much an issue.

Owning a BMW is expensive, once the warrantee runs out. Everything needs to be done by the dealer, and that aint cheap.

I am sure it is a lot easier to get a WRX to outrun a BMW... but that isn't always the point I think...

Go smoke your friend... educate him... but remember that he is STILL driving a BMW... and most chicks could give a **** about speed...

i totally agree, BMW are sic cars, hell id get one if i actually had a 50k+ job, but for this kid, it was given to him by his parents, and the dinan kit was given as a x mas present. It is because life is handed to him on a golden platter, that he thinks his car is faster/better. he just doesnt believe me that getting an over priced bolt on kit from the dealer wont make ur car fastrer than a car that is just plain faster.

it's a 325 lol, it'll be a massacre; those cars are SLOW, although luxurious

tell him to go get a 330 and it'll be a little more even
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

Quote Originally Posted by jlagace View Post
    it's a 325 lol, it'll be a massacre; those cars are SLOW, although luxurious

tell him to go get a 330 and it'll be a little more even

hmm im not even sure about the 330ci, i dont think they are even as fast as a wrx. it says 6.3 0-60 compared to a wrx 5.5 sec 0-60. anyways the new 335ci that are twin turbo with 300 hp are pretty nice, but thats another story

10-15hp at the crank sounds underrated. Those Dinan strut tower bars add quite a bit of power, keep that in mind.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    hmm im not even sure about the 330ci, i dont think they are even as fast as a wrx. it says 6.3 0-60 compared to a wrx 5.5 sec 0-60. anyways the new 335ci that are twin turbo with 300 hp are pretty nice, but thats another story
    It all depends. The new 330i is capable of mid-lower 14's and would take a wrx from a roll and run close with one from a stop. However, seeing as the original poster is stage1 I would put my money on that from a dig over the 330i. I have driven a 330i a few times and my stage2+protune would destroy it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    It's not about the cost... it is about the car.

If you can afford a BMW, and then you decide you can afford to Mod it, than cost is not so much an issue.

Owning a BMW is expensive, once the warrantee runs out. Everything needs to be done by the dealer, and that aint cheap.

I am sure it is a lot easier to get a WRX to outrun a BMW... but that isn't always the point I think...

Go smoke your friend... educate him... but remember that he is STILL driving a BMW... and most chicks could give a **** about speed...

If a girl liked me because of my car that either sounds like a 17 year old girl, or a very shallow girl that i would never want to date anyway. Why would someone want a girl to like them because of the car they drive? I think i would want a girl to like me because of me not my car.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    It all depends. The new 330i is capable of mid-lower 14's and would take a wrx from a roll and run close with one from a stop. However, seeing as the original poster is stage1 I would put my money on that from a dig over the 330i. I have driven a 330i a few times and my stage2+protune would destroy it.
    True. My friend has a 330i (auto). We raced on a closed course from a roll, just messing around. His 330 is even from a 50+ roll, and higher end the RWD and v6 shows.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1 View Post
    True. My friend has a 330i (auto). We raced on a closed course from a roll, just messing around. His 330 is even from a 50+ roll, and higher end the RWD and v6 shows.

that is very interesting, but can a 325ci ever take a wrx in a drag race with just bolt on mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    haha, all this mess and nobody actually answered the question...

WRX (AWD owns and most powerful)
    RSX Type S (good power, VTEC)
    325i (some decent power, rear wheel, but heavy as hell)
    SpecV (some power but good tranny, heavy and FWD just doesn't cut it)

...those are my guesses off the top of my head...

224fhp-wrx
    200fhp-Type R
    187fhp-325i
    180fhp-SpecV

numbers are as accurate as I can recal as well...

hey thanks! you were the only one that answered the question! but its not too late if u guys have any other opinions post it!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Again, moving to WRX vs. the World.

If you really must post these "which is faster" threads, please do it there, otay?
    hahaha sorry rayfields, but i love everday impreza talk so much! i sometimes feel my questions would be best asked here haha dont know why

actually an unladen African Swallow is faster than anything

(am I the only one here who likes Monty Python? How sad......)
    Last edited by scoobydreamn; 01-13-2007 at 07:26 PM.
    a lone Honda in a sea of Turbo goodness

that is very interesting, but can a 325ci ever take a wrx in a drag race with just bolt on mods?
    Race him from a stop...shut down around 100

If you suck at launching, or he won't race you from a stop, make him race you from like 3500rpm in second gear on your car...

But seriously, I think you got the answer you were looking for....its a N/a car, so BPUs aren't going to do a whole lot. I don't see why you would lose, be confident and race him. Don't get pushed around by some guy talking trash from his bolt-ons-325. After you race him and hopefully win, post results.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Not unless you blew the launch completely or mis-shifted. Bolt on 325ci's are like low 15sec cars with maybe some phenominal drivers going into high 14's with loaded bolt on's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydreamn View Post
    actually an unladen African Swallow is faster than anything
    A European swallow might catch up to it...that is, unless they were both carrying coconuts.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)