what is faster ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on what is faster ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by momolicious ^^ what do you consider a bad driver in a straight line? The guy with crappy ...

Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    ^^ what do you consider a bad driver in a straight line?
    The guy with crappy reaction time or screws the launch.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so does being a good driver mean abusing or hurting the car? like launching and fast shifting

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    IBDonniegoesmagracing
    Don't get upset because I might actually have knowledge to contribute to this thread
    Magazine number might not be totally accurate for street reference, but it still prevails to be better than what you have contributed... Which is relatively nothing.

To the original poster:

In a 1/4mile and 0-60 race the wrx obviously has the advantage with the most power and that awd launch.

Given equal drivers, the WRX is the fastest. The other 3 all run pretty similar times, give or take. Therefore I see that being a drivers race. If I had to guess though I would say:
    WRX
    RSX-S
    325i
    Spec-V
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

so buying cars now is all about picking up girls
    Just as much as buying cars is all about being the fastest.... or most cargo room... or best fuel economy...

Everyone has a reason... don't discount the car because it doesn't fit YOUR reason...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Those kits do nothing for performance. It it just a way for BMW owners to feel like they are spending insane amounts of money for something...or anything.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Again, moving to WRX vs. the World.

If you really must post these "which is faster" threads, please do it there, otay?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Yet again, moving to WRX vs. the World.

jeffbmx00: Please be advised that this is not the right forum to post this sort of thread, and that the world is spelled hypothetical.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I would not call BMW 325i heavy as hell as it has a curb weight of 3285 . For a luxury car, that is pretty light, it also has about 215hp
    Maybe I am stuck in my e36 body style days...they were heavy and the 325i's of the e36 world only had +185hp...I didn't think the E46s made that much power? Considering my buddy's 330ci is only making about 235hp...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

so does being a good driver mean abusing or hurting the car? like launching and fast shifting
    wrx_wagon didn't say anything abusing the car he said launching, and yes there is a bad way to launch a car but there is a proper way that if done right should by no means abuse the car... this is regardless of the fact that you are talking about racing the cars to thier full potential which in of itself is abuse
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Looks pretty heavy to me...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

http://www.bmwworld.com/models/years/2004/3er.htm

Go there...184 horsepower 2.5 liter I6 engine...

Its the 330Ci's that have 230 horsepower...

that little power (not all that little though) with a lot of weight = slow car (I still love BMWs though!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

Looks pretty heavy to me...
    If you trying to show that the 325i weighs 4343 lbs your failing. Thats the gross vehicle weight, not the curb weight. I can't quickly find the 2004 curb wieght but a 2006 weighs 3285. I would imagine* that the 2004 weighs a little less.

edit: autos.com thinks a 2004 325i with a manual weighs 3197 lbs
    Last edited by dan240; 01-12-2007 at 08:16 AM.

hmmm...oops

owned myself...my bad guys

...call me a noob, but what is the difference in types of weight?

thats why theres aftermarket

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    hmmm...oops

owned myself...my bad guys

...call me a noob, but what is the difference in types of weight?
    Its a pain in the but that the door lists it like that but the GVWR is the total weight of the vehicle plus the maximum amount of weight it can carry. I think it should also show the actual vehicle weight, but nobody listens to me.

GVWR Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.

Its used to make sure you are not overloading your vehicle.