New MB E350
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New MB E350 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had an interesting run in with a new MB E350 this morning. It wasnt a 4matic or AMG. We didnt ...

New MB E350

Had an interesting run in with a new MB E350 this morning. It wasnt a 4matic or AMG. We didnt really race or anything, but he was trying to play a little. I dont know anything really about the car, but he seemed to have a little 'giddie up' in the car.

he was trying to get me to race, but i was just tired and on my morning commute so i wasnt really up for it.

anyone know about these things? i am a 2.0L at stage 2 btw if it even matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice cars. Pretty quick, too.

268hp, but on the portly side.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

in lighter cars like the C-class and SLK, it's a great engine. something like 260hp and eager to rev. if you want a fast E-class though, need to pony up for the 5.5L V8.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

it was definitely a pretty well sized car so I am sure it isnt light by any means.

he sure did try to get me to run though. tried a few different times over a few mile stretch -- not highway, more light to light stuff....then he eventually turned into starbucks

Never actually ran one but I'd imagine that it should do pretty well on the highway. From a dig you shouldn't have anything to worry about because of it's weight; once rolling though I wouldn't be too surprised if it kept up with you better than you'd imagine. Remember that these things are designed as "Bahn Burners" so they generally have a pretty good top end.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

i didnt feel like running this morning...and wasnt too sure of how they ran so i didnt take the chance.

i wouldnt bother from a roll...might make me feel bad.

i think they run mid 14's @ 97-99mph. the E500 are supposed to run about the same but with better traps, closer to 99-102mph. Not bad for porky sedans.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

the E350 ran a 14.7 1/4 mile in a recent test... not bad by any means. i have an SLK350 and it'll snap off the 1/4 mile in under 14 seconds... this 3.5L engine mercedes built is quite a beast. while, you may be capable of faster, its pretty quick cuz of the transmission... 7 speeds and no pause for shifting makes for some impressive acceleration. (and Mercedes knows how to make auto transmissions perform)

however, i don't see the E350 to be any kind of a racer... the owner is stupid. its a nice daily driver with good grunt, thats all. The E63 AMG, however, is no joke! This one not only is supercar fast, but it can turn quite well considering its size.
    Last edited by SonicYellowWRX; 01-12-2007 at 05:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.