Death by a 6.0 gto
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Death by a 6.0 gto within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today on my way home I was at a light next to some box truck when I noticed that a ...

Death by a 6.0 gto

Today on my way home I was at a light next to some box truck when I noticed that a gto was behind me. When the light turned green I took off normally to get by the truck and noticed that the gto was going to try and past me so I put my foot down while going about 40mph or so and in 3rd, but he still flew by me. I then saw he had a 6.0 and at least a cat back system. About a mile and a half later we met at the next set of lights so I figured what the hell I'll try and see what happens. The light turned green and I let the clutch out then got on it (not trying to put a lot stress on the driveline) and the gto did the same. I stayed even with him until the top of 3rd and when I went into 4th I was at his door, then we both let off. Even though I lost I still feel good knowing that a stage 1 06 rex tr will come close to a 6.0 gto. I can't wait until stage 2.
    Last edited by 06grayrex; 01-11-2007 at 06:21 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

am i missing something or are the 06/07 wrx's the new srt4's?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

did he know he was racing?
    CGM

I don't know????Maybe he wasn't at full throttle.........?????
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post

i can take a 6.0 gto all day in my stage 2 STi
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

At the next light he was in the left turn lane and I was going on, he did look over at me, didn't smile or anything, I just smiled and waved.
    Last edited by 06grayrex; 01-10-2007 at 11:28 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

I have been saying this for quite a while now.

Anyways, the GTO must not have been racing at WOT or giving it his all.

6.0 GTO's with exhaust are good for higher 12's or VERY low 13's and traps that a td04 wrx couldn't touch.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

What makes it the new srt4?
    CGM

C J
    Coming from a background in GM performance cars I would honestly not be that surprised with those results. The 6.0 liter LS2 GTO's that I have gone to the track with consistently run mid to high 13s. You should be more afraid of running a 98-02 LS1 camaro/transam from a roll than a GTO, now from a stop if you are not an idiot and actually get out of the hole you should win unless you race to 100+ (which is getting alittle crazy on public streets)

Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    What makes it the new srt4?
    Because just like the SRT-4, a lot of owners tend to... err... overestimate, shall we say, just what the new 2.5l WRXs can defeat.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

My friend has a 6.0 GTO I would say from a stop you could hold them off for quite some time, you have to take in account on a street that isn't prepped a high hp rear wheel drive car will not run as good as it will at a track while a wrx would probably run nearly identical numbers on a street as it would at a track. The 6.0 GTO would destroy a wrx from a roll at any speeds but from a dead stop on a street i would think a stage I 06 wrx could hold off a GTO till probably 75mph or so if you got a great launch. The GTO's have terrible rear squat and are hard to launch from what my friend told me. Also an exhaust does nearly nothing for a 6.0 GTO unless you are talking about headers, my friend has a chip and a catback exhaust and he said the exhaust is just for sound he has the corsica (sp?) exhaust.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

That defeat really messed with my phyche, so I just ordered a crank pulley. I know the pulley will add 120hp....HAHA I know now I'll be able to take one down..
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
    Because just like the SRT-4, a lot of owners tend to... err... overestimate, shall we say, just what the new 2.5l WRXs can defeat.
    Just so everyone knows, I had no expectation of beating or even coming close to a 6.0 gto. I just wanted to see what would happen as I stated in the OP. I know the 2.5 wrxs are not the little rexs that could beat every other car but I must say that they are underrated and a lot of people don't see them for what they really are....
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

I just sharted.
    Hilarious!

Yeah, you need that GTO chip and your set...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.