Death by a 6.0 gto - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Death by a 6.0 gto within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i once kicked a snail. i'm pretty sure his 60' was better than an srt4...

i once kicked a snail.

i'm pretty sure his 60' was better than an srt4
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Most AWD cars, especially Subaru's, suffer a ~20-25% drivetrain loss. Stage 1 only adds ~7whp I think, the smoother powerband is why most people go Stage 1. So 212whp is about right, most likely a little generous for a 2.5L Stage 1 WRX. Stock crank HP in the 2.5L's is more towards 250hp, they're underrated as they dyno around 200whp stock.
    I hear you - I wonder why the road tests (from credible magazines of course!) don't show it running that much better than the last generation stockers? I know they could have added some weight ('04 didn't offer leather or sunroof as I recall) so could it be a weight issue? I always guessed based on what I read and the mods I made that my 0-60 was likely in the mid to high 5 sec range, although I really didn't time it. I would think the added displacement might add a little weight, but should provide a better off the line amount of torque and therefore better times. Either way, the '06 is at least as fast and a better equipped car than my '04 was as stock.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Beauty View Post
    I hear you - I wonder why the road tests (from credible magazines of course!) don't show it running that much better than the last generation stockers? I know they could have added some weight ('04 didn't offer leather or sunroof as I recall) so could it be a weight issue? I always guessed based on what I read and the mods I made that my 0-60 was likely in the mid to high 5 sec range, although I really didn't time it. I would think the added displacement might add a little weight, but should provide a better off the line amount of torque and therefore better times. Either way, the '06 is at least as fast and a better equipped car than my '04 was as stock.
    Only fairly good drivers are seeing high 13's from the '06. The first time I took it to the track (couldn't really launch an AWD car) I was running low 14's. They're aren't THAT much faster because they're a little heavier. It takes an somewhat experienced driver to hit high 13's consistantly. It's the '06's huge torque improvement that really helps their 60' times.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456