Death by a 6.0 gto - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Death by a 6.0 gto within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The new GTO's are just boats.....they were designed to drift more than anything....guys running the good times at the tracks ...

The new GTO's are just boats.....they were designed to drift more than anything....guys running the good times at the tracks with them 12's 11's and 10's...are dumping a ****load of money into them.....they are nice and powerful cars but they are so detuned beyond belief, it takes a knowledgable tuner to wake them up....an exhaust isnt going to help it that much, you need to get a programmer or something before they wake up.... they are also fairly heavy so the power to weight ratio stock to a stock wrx is pretty close
    NEW ENGLAND F4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I just sharted.
    Hilarious!
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSTI2006 View Post
    The new GTO's are just boats.....they were designed to drift more than anything....guys running the good times at the tracks with them 12's 11's and 10's...are dumping a ****load of money into them.....they are nice and powerful cars but they are so detuned beyond belief, it takes a knowledgable tuner to wake them up....an exhaust isnt going to help it that much, you need to get a programmer or something before they wake up.... they are also fairly heavy so the power to weight ratio stock to a stock wrx is pretty close
    Keep dreaming buddy. Don't talk about what you don't know...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
    Because just like the SRT-4, a lot of owners tend to... err... overestimate, shall we say, just what the new 2.5l WRXs can defeat.
    yeeaah....... basically, they are the people that tell you they have a 15" c*ck
    '06 wrx wr-blue

I know a little bit about this topic.

I owned a stage 2 WRX, Stage 2 STi, 05 M6 GTO and now 06 A4 GTO.

The way the race was described they left the line together. If that's true, the GTO should have walked away from the WRX. A stage 1 WRX has an advantage launching off the line, but after that its at a serious disadvantage.
    Most stock GTOs trap in the 104-108 mph range depending on track condtions and driver skill.
    That's much faster than a stage 1 WRX.

The 6 Speed GTOs can be very difficult to launch for new owners. We have plenty of inexperienced owners pulling high 13s and 14s in the 1/4 mile. Believe me, it's true. But once they learn to drive the car, they should pull
    13.2 - 13.4 @ 106 - 108 mph.

The A4 Automatic GTOs don't have the top end speed of the 6 speeds but they are much easier to launch. The seem to run more consistant times at the track. My 06 A4 GTO ran 13.3 @ 104 mph (stock). My buddies 05 A4 GTO ran 13.2 @ 105 mph (stock).

Here's a list of the top "stock LS2 GTO's from LS1GTO.COM
    These a totally stock, stock wheels, tires, etc - no drag radials, etc
    LS2 Stock Classes:
    1) NYTIGER 12.920 @ 109.40 MPH
    2) Boilermaker GTO 12.9299 @ 106.89 MPH
    3) 05torridred60 12.971 @ 108 MPH - SAP mufflers
    4) jumbojet 12.974 @ 108.08 MPH
    5) BlackSheep 12.98 @ 108 MPH
    6) GTOboss 13.007 @ 108.52mph
    7) KYGTO 13.035 @ 108.96 MPH
    8) Judgethis05 13.036 @ 108.72
    9) hookmechanic 13.074 @ 106.76 MPH
    10) SloNlo 13.086 @ 108.75 MPH
    11) TheCamel 13.112 @ 108.49 MPH
    12) BadGTO 13.14 @ 104.99 MPH
    13) Lord Vador 13.132 @ 108.85 MPH
    14) Helicoprion 13.20@106.9
    15) Joey D 13.236 @ 104.79 MPH

Why did you sell your 6spd for an auto?

A lot of daily traffic I assume?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Why did you sell your 6spd for an auto?

A lot of daily traffic I assume?
    The main reason is because it's going to make a better drag car. Its also a lot better in bumper to bumer traffic everyday going to work.

The A4 GTOs dominate the 6 speeds in drag racing. Mod for mod there is no comparison.

All you have to do is put a higher stall speed converter (2800 - 3600 stall speed) and some sticky tires and you can shave .5 - .7 tenths off your 1/4 mile time.
    I know a guy with a 05 GTO running 8.10 in the 1/8 mile with just a converter and drag radials (no other mods). He runs deep in the 12s in the 1/4 mile.

With basic bolt ons (headers, intake) plus a converter and a sticky tires, guys are pulling high 11s - low 12s.

The fastest modified GTOs are Automatics.

You have no idea what your talking about. Yes, many have poor factory tunes but many do not. That is very easily corrected with tuning.

" it takes **** loads of money to run 12s, 11's?" How about the fact that many do it bone stock. And all the guys I know with basic bolt ons (headers, intake, tune) are running 12s.

The last time I went to the track a guy I know was running 12.7 @ 109 mph with a catback exhaust, intake, and tuning. (That's it)

If you really want to educate yourself to what it takes to run 12s, 11s, 10s, etc in a GTO, why don't you go to LS1GTO.com and start a thread in the drag racing section. You will get plenty of responses, and learn what it really takes to run 11s in an LS2 GTO.

You will be suprised by how easy it is to get an A4 LS2 GTO into the 11s.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX View Post
    You have no idea what your talking about. Yes, many have poor factory tunes but many do not. That is very easily corrected with tuning.

" it takes **** loads of money to run 12s, 11's?" How about the fact that many do it bone stock. And all the guys I know with basic bolt ons (headers, intake, tune) are running 12s.

The last time I went to the track a guy I know was running 12.7 @ 109 mph with a catback exhaust, intake, and tuning. (That's it)

If you really want to educate yourself to what it takes to run 12s, 11s, 10s, etc in a GTO, why don't you go to LS1GTO.com and start a thread in the drag racing section. You will get plenty of responses, and learn what it really takes to run 11s in an LS2 GTO.

You will be suprised by how easy it is to get an A4 LS2 GTO into the 11s.
    Dont call me a ****in idiot when i clearly stated they are detuned and in need of some good tuning and not just bolt on a catback and intake and run low 12s and 11s......ive driven them numerous times and have driven a stock then jumped in a lightly modded (tuned,intake,full exhaust) and you can tell its a night and day change.....good friends with the local pontiac dealer and actually looked into buying one.....compared to the wrx/sti obviously i would says its heavy feeling and the handling stock with some un-sticky street tires its more fun to drift the thing......but the guys running 11s and 10s at the track have dumped some pretty crazy amounts of money into them....ive talked to them personally so dont assume im stupid cuz you have no idea where im getting my opinion from
    NEW ENGLAND F4

Look- the trap speeds and times of a Stg1 wrx TR don't touch a stock GTO-*period.*
    If you bought a WRX to go race american muscle cars; you made a bad choice. For a wrx TR to take a stock GTO, we are talking about a good launch, and stg 2+ tune. As soon as you start talking about any kind of modded GTOs, you better have serious power. I vote that the Stg1 TR takes his car to the strip, and then we compare that time/trap to an average stock GTO time. I'm no expert, but racing a GTO from a roll in a wrx wouldn't end too well either. I don't why we are having this discussion, day to day a GTO is fast in a straight line than a Stg1 WRX.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

All I know is my stock '04MT had its lunch handed to it from a ~60mph roll up to about 100...no surprise there but damn thing musta had a football field on me. It was the '05 with the 350hp engine as well, not the LS2.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN View Post
    All I know is my stock '04MT had its lunch handed to it from a ~60mph roll up to about 100...no surprise there but damn thing musta had a football field on me. It was the '05 with the 350hp engine as well, not the LS2.
    Honesty is always appreciated!
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN View Post
    Just to set the record straight, the '05 GTO (and '06) have the 400hp LS2, while the '04 has the 350hp LS1...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Dont call me a ****in idiot when i clearly stated they are detuned and in need of some good tuning and not just bolt on a catback and intake and run low 12s and 11s
    We're not calling you an idiot or stupid... just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX View Post
    The main reason is because it's going to make a better drag car. Its also a lot better in bumper to bumer traffic everyday going to work.

The A4 GTOs dominate the 6 speeds in drag racing. Mod for mod there is no comparison.

All you have to do is put a higher stall speed converter (2800 - 3600 stall speed) and some sticky tires and you can shave .5 - .7 tenths off your 1/4 mile time.
    I know a guy with a 05 GTO running 8.10 in the 1/8 mile with just a converter and drag radials (no other mods). He runs deep in the 12s in the 1/4 mile.

With basic bolt ons (headers, intake) plus a converter and a sticky tires, guys are pulling high 11s - low 12s.

The fastest modified GTOs are Automatics.

Yeah, I knew the 4AT's were better for drag racing, but I was not aware your only concern was straight lines. Manuals are just more fun to play with in most cars, but if you main concern is dragging and you deal with daily traffic I could def. see the sense in making the switch to an auto.

Dude on the maxima forums has an LS2 GTO in 4AT with headers, exhaust, intake, and converter and he is very deep into the 12's and has traction problems. He is hoping with a couple more basic mods and better tires he will consistantly see 11's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast