Death by truck......

This is a discussion on Death by truck...... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The bad news: I got beaten by a truck. The good news: It was a 500hp SRT-10 and we ran ...

Death by truck......

The bad news: I got beaten by a truck.

The good news: It was a 500hp SRT-10 and we ran from about 90-120mph or so. I lost by about 2.5 car legths.

I don't feel too bad about it considering the humongous power difference and the high rolling speed already. I'm currently at Stage 2 laying down 241whp/291wtq so I'm not too worried and I'd love to get a chance at a race with him from a dig. Overall it was a good run and I'm not too terribly disappointed by the car's performance.

This does however make me want to speed up the turbo swap to a 20g or FPGreen. At that point it should be a decidedly different result. I wasn't planning on doing that for another year or so but now it may happen sooner than that. We'll see.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good death, nothing wrong with losing to a truck

Who races from 90-120? Sucks you couldn't get him to slow down some. Would be a much better race from a dig of course (but then again, so would every race ), if he can drive, they're tough off the line, but have the aero of a barn, so a high speed roll isn't their strong point. I still haven't raced one, not that it would be much of a race, but I'd still like to see one in my rear view

Funny how losing always makes us want to bump up the mod schedule
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Nothing really wrong with losing to a truck, it just sorta feels weird. Anyway, it was right before my exit off of the highway and I was already going 85 or so on my way home when he was behind me and as soon as I moved over he pulled up next to me and wanted to go. I figured, what the hell, I'm getting off in a minute or so anyway so I just went with it. I just dropped it to 4th and floored it. Maybe I should have gone to 3rd to get that extra push, but I didn't. But, yeah, mod schedule has been pushed up a bit I'd say. Of course, it all depends on funds so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by bad360rt View Post
    Who races from 90-120?
    Traffic in Atlanta never dips under 90

I'm still waiting to try one in my newly-Stage 2 car. Perhaps the VF40 has a little more top end than (it wouldn't be much) the WRX's TD04. Those trucks trap in the 105 mph range so I should be close.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Traffic in Atlanta never dips under 90

I'm still waiting to try one in my newly-Stage 2 car. Perhaps the VF40 has a little more top end than (it wouldn't be much) the WRX's TD04. Those trucks trap in the 105 mph range so I should be close.
    When I was down there in June I never even hit 90 lol

I have a buddy in Jersey running 12.7's in his LGT, sweet lil sleeper.
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Yeah, those things have pretty decent topend. No surprise he beat you.

From a dig though, it would have been much closer.... More-so a drivers race.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by bad360rt View Post
    When I was down there in June I never even hit 90 lol

I have a buddy in Jersey running 12.7's in his LGT, sweet lil sleeper.
    where in NJ does he live? There is a kid in my town with a black LGT with no wing that runs 12s.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Regarding what the OP said about going to third gear instead of fourth, I think you did the right thing by going to fourth. The stock turbo falls on its face at 85mph in third, and the torque advantage of where the rpm is at 85 in fourth makes 4th the only decision really....
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by wr06x View Post
    ..The stock turbo falls on its face at 85mph in third, and the torque advantage of where the rpm is at 85 in fourth makes 4th the only decision really....
    Glad to know I made the right decision as far as gear choice was concerned. Of course, this also makes me think more and more about the turbo upgrade to a 20g or FPGreen.

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    where in NJ does he live? There is a kid in my town with a black LGT with no wing that runs 12s.
    Not sure what town he's in, but I think it's central/south jersey. Haven't talked to him in a while, I'm down in VA now.
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K