anyone know about SRT-4s? - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on anyone know about SRT-4s? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mx_9 Actions and gaudy non-performance mods define rice, not cars. If you want to go by the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_9 View Post
    Actions and gaudy non-performance mods define rice, not cars.
    If you want to go by the historic definition of rice...that is you, the driver of a Japanese car.

I didn't know that was the historic definition. I'm contacting Merriam-Webster this afternoon.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    Yeah thats true the srt-4 is a good bang for the buck but I just coudent see my self driven a neon.

I wasent really talking about price just saying if I would ever go and get a newer car the STI and EVO would surley be one of the top cars on my list..
    why not? It would be just like driving an Impreza or a Lancer, or even a golf.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DTFH3030 View Post
    why not? It would be just like driving an Impreza or a Lancer, or even a golf.
    True all three cars are very comparable, but truthfully I like my GTI better. I would drive a srt4 only if it was given to me ...but im defiantly happy with my GTI.

if you going to buy a car for the purpose of making it faster, cheaper the neon is the way to go.

But if you enjoy German cars and the comforts of the cars then Dubs are the way to go.

Every car has its ups and downs. Itís all personal opinion.

Just thought I share this clip with you guys, kinda thought it was funny.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...6648eb06ae.htm

good that video is old. here's a more current one for ya.

http://media.ams-evo8.com/videos/srt4/Neon772.wmv

same car at idle, sounds f'n mean

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1740803973
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

^^ HOLLY ****

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    ^^ HOLLY ****
    Pretty sure it's fuel injected

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Pretty sure it's fuel injected
    Nice
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    couple quick links for reference. yes mag racing sux but where else will you get same day numbers on certain cars. if you think your gti can keep up with a track package m3 please look no further. if not please see how the acr srt4 did it.

http://www.stowaway.us/srt/acrvsm3-mphmag.html

also a car and driver comparo. rsx-s, redline, cobalt, wrx and srt4. notice the srt wins every timed competition they have.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...3+acr+magazine
    Is that data accurate in the comparison. Stock WRX .80g on the skidpad??? And why not compare it to a WRX with some of the factory SPT parts on there. Seems kind of lop-sided to compare a tuned car to a stock car. The test should have been done with all the cars stock, and all the cars with the same mods. I.E. all have an intake, all have a 3in or 2 1/2 in exhaust, all have a rear sway bar, all have some sort of stage1 or 2 EM, all have an upgraded clutch. and so on... To see how each car responds to mods compared to another. I understand that same day test and results don't let the driver of the car learn how to drive it to the cars full potential. They say 0-60 in the wrx in 6.0sec. I'm not a stat guru, but I'm sure it's faster then that. I not saying that a WRX is the fastest car, by all means it's not. I not here to say that the WRX is the best car ever. But it take a good amount of pratice to learn how to launch an AWD car properly.

I wish there was a way that we(the drivers of our respected cars) could sanction a comparision on some test grounds. We could take members from different forums with stock cars like the srt4, wrx, rsx-s, cobaltt ss. Then get some members with stage 1 cars, and stage 2 and so on. Then the drivers would all switch cars untill they drove every car. Then they would take all the data and put each drivers stats for each car. Then average out the stats for 1 car with all the different drivers, to eliminate most of the driver skill argument. That is if each driver drove the car honestly and didn't tank a test on porpuse to build up their own make of car. Then finally compare Just a pipe dream I suppose, but would be tons of fun none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    good that video is old. here's a more current one for ya.

http://media.ams-evo8.com/videos/srt4/Neon772.wmv

same car at idle, sounds f'n mean

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1740803973
    In your first vid it looks like you have some WG issues. Is it an EWG? Still a mean car, but good luck putting that power down, short of big slicks and rear drag bars(wheelie bars for RWD). I did see that second vid on your forum, yes I am a member. I like to keep up to date on all cars. I never really post I just read.

On a side note, I personally don't like srt-4's at all, but to each his own. That car has it's rightful place in the tuner world, and has it's followers just like any worth-while performance car.

P.S. I just saw that the link to the stats is on the second page and the ranking were on ther first page. That test was all F'd up.
    Last edited by blackzwrx; 01-25-2007 at 02:07 PM.

we can dream thats for sure. other then that i dont carry a g meter and timing equipement with me to test cars out either, lol. that test was also terrible buts its what you would exspect from C&D. thats really the only type of numbers dont lie type of info you can hand out. other then that its just mostly guess work.

that car deff has a egw. and its problem there you can here is its lack of fuel. (letting off at to lean conditions) they later switch from 1000ccs to 1600s.

here is the same car blowing its tranny up while destroying 2 z06s on pump gas (515whp)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90415119373925

who didnt see that coming. just a dyno queen. still fast tho.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.