anyone know about SRT-4s? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on anyone know about SRT-4s? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 do you ever have anything positive to add? everytime i ever make a post about srts ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    do you ever have anything positive to add? everytime i ever make a post about srts you call me a troll. wtf. trolls dont stick around years and posts a couple hundred times. and if you cant sense the sarcasm i hate to be anyone that has to deal with your personality on a daily basis. i stick around because this war story forum is actually pretty decent and doesnt consist of a bunch of hater arsehates. contribute something positve or at least something funny or just save the bandwidth and our time in reading it.

and btw ive bin on this forum longer then you. so stfu newb.
    built up anger from not being able to roll down the rear windows from the front seat.hurray for turbo econobox
    silly peguin. pointless wings are for ricers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy silver View Post
    heard there is an ecu out thats like the hondata but for subbys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    built up anger from not being able to roll down the rear windows from the front seat.hurray for turbo econobox

i have to give props to the SRT4, they are fast and require little money to make it fast! i respect all fast car even though its a neon....
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    hurray for turbo econobox
    First, your avatar is funny!
    Not to sound argumentative but I hope you realize that SRT4 & WRX are both "turbo econoboxes". Although I would personally prefer a AWD Impreza over a FWD Neon, there really is no escaping the fact that they are both based on "econobox" model cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3 View Post
    i have to give props to the SRT4, they are fast and require little money to make it fast! i respect all fast car even though its a neon....
    I think most do respect the abilities of the srt4 neons, especially for the money. But there will always be fanbois on both sides of that coin.
    Last edited by TheJ; 01-07-2007 at 06:47 AM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

yeah what would a : cat-back exhaust, intake, and bov do to a srt-4, because I raced one at the track twice, and beat him by a full second twice, one time missing 2nd like a cat with genital herpes.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi View Post
    yeah what would a : cat-back exhaust, intake, and bov do to a srt-4, because I raced one at the track twice, and beat him by a full second twice, one time missing 2nd like a cat with genital herpes.
    well if you read through he also has a Boost Controller, and from my understanding of SRT-4s you can just crank up the boost (while it isn't exactly great for the engine, it can be done) and be able to run okay
    HawkEye Alliance#35

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi View Post

catback 5-10whp gain. cai nothing. bov nothing. it would be cash better spent on practice at the track. a mbc if not done correctly will hinder hp more then help. once the stock pcm sees over 17psi it pulls timing out the arse and you wont get it back till u reset the pcm. if the stage 1/2 pcms sees over 21psi. (which can easily happen in a improperly used mbc) will also pull timing. both hurting the car more then helping. to properly up the boost the pcm needs to be tricked into only seeing a max of 17psi with a map clamp. then its soley up to the user how to manage the af ratios and fuel octane level. if all is done correctly it is very easy to see 300whp on the stock turbo at around 21-23 psi.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

catback 5-10whp gain. cai nothing. bov nothing. it would be cash better spent on practice at the track. a mbc if not done correctly will hinder hp more then help. once the stock pcm sees over 17psi it pulls timing out the arse and you wont get it back till u reset the pcm. if the stage 1/2 pcms sees over 21psi. (which can easily happen in a improperly used mbc) will also pull timing. both hurting the car more then helping. to properly up the boost the pcm needs to be tricked into only seeing a max of 17psi with a map clamp. then its soley up to the user how to manage the af ratios and fuel octane level. if all is done correctly it is very easy to see 300whp on the stock turbo at around 21-23 psi.
    thanks for the correction
    HawkEye Alliance#35

Quote Originally Posted by VeritasVulnero View Post
    well if you read through he also has a Boost Controller, and from my understanding of SRT-4s you can just crank up the boost (while it isn't exactly great for the engine, it can be done) and be able to run okay
    well excuse me mr. attitude, if you read my post, I was asking because I raced one at the track..
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

anything over 21 psi, from what ive read, makes the car too torquey....and by "tricking" the pcm into only thinking its running 17, when its really around 20-23 psi. you may see 300, even 320 whp, but at low RPMs (under 4000)

last time i checked, when i raced best b/t 5000/5500, (varies from car to car)

my friend is out of his mind if he thinks he can get 320WHP with his set-up. he has no EM whatsoever, and when i asked him about it...he said "i have stage 2 injectors b/c they upgraded that"

i giggled, and he called me a newb...i told him to call one of his racing buddys and ask him if the show off valve was benificial....

<3 wheel spin
    Last edited by motormike; 01-07-2007 at 07:26 PM.
    **** off with your candy paint jobs and spoilers that are 8x too big , I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by motormike View Post
    anything over 21 psi, from what ive read, makes the car too torquey....and by "tricking" the pcm into only thinking its running 17, when its really around 20-23 psi. you may see 300, even 320 whp, but at low RPMs (under 4000)

last time i checked, when i raced best b/t 5000/5500, (varies from car to car)

my friend is out of his mind if he thinks he can get 320WHP with his set-up. he has no EM whatsoever, and when i asked him about it...he said "i have stage 2 injectors b/c they upgraded that"

i giggled, and he called me a newb...i told him to call one of his racing buddys and ask him if the show off valve was benificial....

<3 wheel spin

yes to much of a boost spike which we all know happens when over boosting small turboes causeing a huge tq spike. which falls off very quickly in the low rpms. 300-320 is about the max/best ull ever see out of the stock turbo no matter what you chuck at it other then n20 of course. most graph will only peak that whp for a few hundred rpms with out proper tuning.

check the link out for a properly tuned 300+whp dyno graph if you'd like

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...rbo+dyno+graph
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

<3 wheel spin
    just to let you know most stock blow-off valves dont hold high boost that well. Yes, BO valves are bad for a stock WRX but that doesnt mean its bad for other cars like evo's, srt and DSM's.
    Last edited by HoRnYTuRbO; 01-08-2007 at 10:38 AM.
    NEWENGLAND F4
    Mod List

yes to much of a boost spike which we all know happens when over boosting small turboes causeing a huge tq spike. which falls off very quickly in the low rpms. 300-320 is about the max/best ull ever see out of the stock turbo no matter what you chuck at it other then n20 of course. most graph will only peak that whp for a few hundred rpms with out proper tuning.

check the link out for a properly tuned 300+whp dyno graph if you'd like

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...rbo+dyno+graph
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p View Post
    I know this pic really makes no sense with the way it's sitting but I just want to say. "There are little men working in the SRT engine bay, thats how its teh Fastar"!
    really I like the cars, don't think they look to bad and have good preformance but I like my wrx better
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

my friend said hes keeping stock turbo, but said he has turbo back echaust cold air intake, already got a type s greddy bov new fuel injectors,boost controllergreddy type s oil catch can stage 3 clutch.

i asked him if he was gunna get some sort of ECU, and he said he already has it from the stage 1.

can anyone give me some advice here, b/c it seems to me he doesnt know **** about his own car

thanks

also, hes telling me that hes keeping the stock turbio, but got a BOV b/c it prevents boost leak and makes better shifts....dik if thats truw, but i know BOVs are no good, not sure with srt-4s though
    For tuning the ECU on the SRT-4 we are going to tune my friends stage 2 toys/ with rails and other stage 2 goodies.. with this

We also have a friend with a stage 3R 400 WHP srt 4 that is slated to also get this tuning.

http://locustom.com/ems.htm
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I Love Neons And Imprezas.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.