Lotus Elise/Exige? 75-105 killed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lotus Elise/Exige? 75-105 killed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on the way to work today, saw a red Lotus flying up the left lane behind me. Changed ...

Lotus Elise/Exige? 75-105 killed

I was on the way to work today, saw a red Lotus flying up the left lane behind me. Changed lanes a bit and got next to him. He was looking to shoot by me, I downshifted to 4th when his front bumper was at my rear and stomped on it. He caught up to my door just in time to see me waving bye-bye at him.

Street racing is bad, take it to the track, I know. Still, I couldn't help myself. I still think those things are badass - just a bit on the slow side apparently. I don't consider my car "fast", "quick" is more like it.

This was around 11:20am, on parkway north a mile or so from the Asbury tolls.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice, if not really a surprising, kill. The Lotus' aren't really known for their straight line speed (at least not stock), but they're supposed to be able to corner like nobody's business.

Would love to see one in action, or better yet drive one, although I'm not sure ifi I could even fit into the cockpit or not. Saw one at the auto show last year and I couldn't believe how tiny they were.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

With the mods you have I'm not suprised. I bet in the twisties it could have been a differen story. I got slaughtedered by the same one in both my stock WRX and 350Z up in the twisties of highway 9.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
    Nice, if not really a surprising, kill. The Lotus' aren't really known for their straight line speed (at least not stock), but they're supposed to be able to corner like nobody's business.

Would love to see one in action, or better yet drive one, although I'm not sure ifi I could even fit into the cockpit or not. Saw one at the auto show last year and I couldn't believe how tiny they were.
    SNK - nice avatar!

Yeah, he was flying up, and as I saw him coming up, I thought about it and figured I'd see what happens. They weigh 2000lbs, under 200hp(190hp/138tq), and have a six speed. Trust me, he was moving pretty good. There's a yellow Lotus I used to see all the time when I lived up north by the Raritan. Guy never wanted to play though, typical snooty white guy look. Not for nothing I used to see this guy alot, and was always staring at his car. I guess if I spent 42k on a car designed for the track and found myself on the parkway getting taunted by cars constantly - I'd have a pretty annoyed look on my face too. I mean hell, I can commiserate, I have a Nissan 350Z - beautiful car, and fun for what it is, but definitely not the quickest car on the road in it's price class.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    With the mods you have I'm not suprised. I bet in the twisties it could have been a differen story. I got slaughtedered by the same one in both my stock WRX and 350Z up in the twisties of highway 9.
    I dunno - I am going to have to crack this summer and pick up a gtech unit just to get an idea of what kind of skidpad my car can stick. My WRX handles very good, honestly better than I'm willing to push it. Definitely handles better than my Z.

The nice thing about someone in a car like that(for us anyway) - is there isn't a great deal of aftermarket parts available. The odds are pretty skewed IMO for something with a great deal of aftermarket support.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I dunno - I am going to have to crack this summer and pick up a gtech unit just to get an idea of what kind of skidpad my car can stick. My WRX handles very good, honestly better than I'm willing to push it. Definitely handles better than my Z.

The nice thing about someone in a car like that(for us anyway) - is there isn't a great deal of aftermarket parts available. The odds are pretty skewed IMO for something with a great deal of aftermarket support.
    Oh yeah I just looked at you mod list you have quite a few suspension mods so it might be close.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I hung pretty close to an elise in the twisties. in the straight tho i pull them, just when i have to brake they still keep it to the floor all the way through the corner, those little cars are just nasty on a tight circut course/auto-x..

Micah - have you dyno'ed your car yet? im always intrested to see what other bugeye vf-34's put down..
    Last edited by enash99; 01-03-2007 at 02:01 PM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.