My 06 wrx tr vs. Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 06 wrx tr vs. Pontiac Grand Prix GTP within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Herknav Wow... I hope he wasn't planning on reproducing.... HAHA! I had some guy last night swear ...

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Wow... I hope he wasn't planning on reproducing....
    HAHA! I had some guy last night swear to me they made flat sixes in WRX's. To the best of my knowledge they don't make those.

What do you think of your helix downpipe? Is it catted?
    2006 Subaru WRX TR
    Stage 3

HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #25

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No production H6 in wrx's, but there are a few running around.

Can't remember who said this before, but people REALLY under-estimate the power that the Dub (my slang for WRX) has! I let people get a head then the car gets out of the turbo lag and it's GAME OVER!
    2004 JBP Subaru WRX Rollin On Konig Rims

Blobeye Syndicate #13

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix Rising View Post
    Can't remember who said this before, but people REALLY under-estimate the power that the Dub (my slang for WRX) has! I let people get a head then the car gets out of the turbo lag and it's GAME OVER!
    Do keep in mind the same is also true for the GTP this thread was about. It is fun to have a sleeper though, isn't it?
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I had a GTP do a ricer flyby on me a couple weeks ago. Caught him at a redlight a couple miles up the road and toasted him. His girlfriend was in the car, too, which made it a even better kill.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Can I assume that those of you "blowing away" people in your stock cars have the first fast-ish car you've ever owned? They're decently quick for a stock car but you've got to realize they're just on the edge of being fast. After all, even a Hyundai Azera traps 100 mph and tops out at over 145.

You've got a good platform to begin modifications. Do a few and you'll see how much faster "fast" can be. There was a time, over 15 years ago, that I thought my GSX with a MBC just had to be the fastest thing on the streets - LOL
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
    Last night I lined up to a stop light and looked over to see a pontiac grand prix, I looked over and reved my engine and he smiled so i knew it was on. The light turned green and we were even until my turbo boost kicked in and i pulled 2.5 car lengths ahead. Not a very long race as the next light was red. We stopped at the red light and went at it again for the same results.

Love this car...
    Quite picking on the little guys,
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Can I assume that those of you "blowing away" people in your stock cars have the first fast-ish car you've ever owned? They're decently quick for a stock car but you've got to realize they're just on the edge of being fast. After all, even a Hyundai Azera traps 100 mph and tops out at over 145.

You've got a good platform to begin modifications. Do a few and you'll see how much faster "fast" can be. There was a time, over 15 years ago, that I thought my GSX with a MBC just had to be the fastest thing on the streets - LOL
    Defintely not my first "fast" car... But I do enjoy "blowing away" 15 second cars think they're "fast."
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    1) You seem to beat a lot of pretty fast cars for owning a stock wrx.

2) I assure you, a Camaro SS does not need to be "packin" anything to put a stock wrx to complete shame.

3) Why does your sig say you are/own an evo killer. Did you beat an Evo that was still parked or something?
    HEY HEY!!! NOT SO MEAN........OK I probably should mention that there are alot of kids around me that like to spend mommy and daddy's money but cant back it up because they dont know how to drive. The srt-4 was the best kill because the guy met me at the next light and said that he should have bought a subie instead!!! I'm aware this car should have beaten me. But it sure is great to represent 2- The Camero was packin but I did keep up in the beginning 3- My buddie owns an EVO and we kid eachother alot about our cars. Its a joke...........(note the smiley face after)
    MEGATTILLA Evo Killa
    HAWKEYE ALLIANCE#48

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post

This is far from my fastest car. It is my first turbo though.
    MEGATTILLA Evo Killa
    HAWKEYE ALLIANCE#48

Where in wisconsin are you?
    Hawk-Eye #009
    Dont let the SN fool you, my car is black.

Germantown, about 15mi north of Milwaukee
    MEGATTILLA Evo Killa
    HAWKEYE ALLIANCE#48

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    1) You seem to beat a lot of pretty fast cars for owning a stock wrx.

2) I assure you, a Camaro SS does not need to be "packin" anything to put a stock wrx to complete shame.

3) Why does your sig say you are/own an evo killer. Did you beat an Evo that was still parked or something?
    I pulled on one EVO with stage 1 WRX TR, and got my ass handed to me by about 3 lengths by another evo.

Quote Originally Posted by winterbeater View Post
    Germantown, about 15mi north of Milwaukee
    I am from the Oak Creek/Milwaukee area

honestly, i don't think our cars are that fast at all. there ok. maybe it's time for a vette or evo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast