04 WRX vs. Old School Firebird

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs. Old School Firebird within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was just casually driving and this old school firebird stopped at the light next to me, so of course ...

04 WRX vs. Old School Firebird

I was just casually driving and this old school firebird stopped at the light next to me, so of course I rev a few times because I noticed the multitude of gauges on his door frame. The light turns green, and he takes off. I'm slow getting into 1st, but after I got into first and shifted to 2nd....I believe the term I'm looking for is GAME OVER! I whipped him pretty good. Like 30 seconds after that a cop drove past...talk about sketchy!

Later that day I did 125 MPH on a back road. I had it in 3rd gear pinned coming out of an "L" style turn and a baby turn after that. Let's just say it was retardedly fast...

I'm in love with my car...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol, congrats man keep up the kills, and be safe!
    04 platinum silver metallic WRX 4EAT, 04/05 STi coming soon as well.

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    that is some mad tyte shiz yo!
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

nice kill. +1 for being safe. It only takes a small mistake and you and your rex could be gone forever.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

I drove a 1977 trans am before, one of the slowest cars that I have driven, no joke.
    Good Kill.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix Rising View Post
    I was just casually driving and this old school firebird stopped at the light next to me, so of course I rev a few times because I noticed the multitude of gauges on his door frame. The light turns green, and he takes off. I'm slow getting into 1st, but after I got into first and shifted to 2nd....I believe the term I'm looking for is GAME OVER! I whipped him pretty good. Like 30 seconds after that a cop drove past...talk about sketchy!

Later that day I did 125 MPH on a back road. I had it in 3rd gear pinned coming out of an "L" style turn and a baby turn after that. Let's just say it was retardedly fast...

I'm in love with my car...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    I drove a 1977 trans am before, one of the slowest cars that I have driven, no joke.
    Good Kill.
    Define "old school". The late 70's were the dark days for the US automakers. Even the Corvette had < 200 crank HP.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

He's from the late 80s himself so anything from the 70s is probably prehistoric from his point of view
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I've always wanted a Trans Am. You know the Smokey and the bandit style one with the T-tops and the screaming chicken on the hood. I don't care if its slow I want one, it's so tacky it's cool.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I've always wanted a Trans Am. You know the Smokey and the bandit style one with the T-tops and the screaming chicken on the hood. I don't care if its slow I want one, it's so tacky it's cool.
    how bout this one
    “You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy.”

Quote Originally Posted by DubURX55 View Post
    how bout this one
    It's definitely mean and tacky looking like the original. Thats based on the camaro concept right?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

It's definitely mean and tacky looking like the original. Thats based on the camaro concept right?
    i guess
    “You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy.”

+1

How do those take to mods? I've always considered picking up one on the cheap and then modding the hell out of it, but I don't know if it would be worth it or not.

Still though, I can easily imagine cruising down the road with the Smokey and the Bandit theme song blasting on the radio...
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
    +1

How do those take to mods? I've always considered picking up one on the cheap and then modding the hell out of it, but I don't know if it would be worth it or not.

Still though, I can easily imagine cruising down the road with the Smokey and the Bandit theme song blasting on the radio...
    Depends on exactly what year you're looking at, what state you're in (emissions regulations), and how you feel about certain mods.

The 1970-1973 cars were pretty decent off the showroom floor-I'd expect a T/A to run the 1/4 in the mid-low 14s stock, maybe a tib faster, on modern rubber. After 73 power went into the toilet pretty quick, and by 1977 or so they weren't even using Pontiac engines anymore (which is a pity, because the Pontiac V8 is a damn good engine), so if you want a quick '77+ car, your best bet is to either drop in an older Pontiac 400 or 455, or (if you can stomach the idea of a Chevy engine in anything other than a Chevy, which I can't) an LSx engine with a 6spd.
    '07 WRX STI Limited- Satin White Pearl, #401/800
    '87 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

Anything from like the 80's or early 90's in old school for me. Let's just say it was starting to rust.... alot.