06 WRX vs 05 Viper - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 WRX vs 05 Viper within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nice build!...

nice build!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    like a hour. I'd be up for a race.
    ib be down to watch and give you both free kills.im a track junky im up at capitol raceway in crofton every friday during the summer.i saw mr.390 last year one time. you guys are more than welcome to come with me and my friends and bs during the summer if u like the more subys the better.

Hey Paintballguy, I want a ride too! just dont kill me

The King Of the SOuth

those Vipers are not that impressive (completely stock) but with just simple mods ur done!!! trust me!! my friend with his STi (GT35r82ar)and semi built motor just destroy a Viper last week on the races ,off the line and then rollin,viper's owner was so pissed!! so he left!! with his Mustang Cobra friend!! my friend's STi is puttin 487 awhp on pump gas and on race gas 577 awhp for now!!

Good kill

Anything can happen on the street, but a car that traps 113 pulling 2 lengths on a car that traps in the low 120's screams of driver error on the Viper's part.
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Quote Originally Posted by bad360rt View Post
    Good kill

Anything can happen on the street, but a car that traps 113 pulling 2 lengths on a car that traps in the low 120's screams of driver error on the Viper's part.

120? wow i see them race at the track alot never saw one hit 120 in the 1/4 stock but i guess it happens with a perfect run.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 01-03-2007 at 03:40 PM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    120? wow i see them race at the track alot never saw one hit 120 in the 1/4 stock but i guess it happens with a perfect run.
    Are you seeing the newer SRT-10s or the older GTS? The older ones are usually 117-119, the SRT-10s should be trapping around 121-123. That is all dependent on the driver mod of course.

The '08 Viper is getting bumped to 600hp, plus a few other goodies, should be good for mid-low 11's at close to 130 in the right hands.
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    haha thanks, yea wait till i get my clutch in... I'm taking out the tranny tomorrow. Then I'll make a good vid.

btw my car ran a 12.2@113 on stock slipping clutch.
    OMG! sic! oh yah and i believe ya, thats kick ass man good run.. now hurry up and make some vids so everyone sees it..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Are you seeing the newer SRT-10s or the older GTS? The older ones are usually 117-119, the SRT-10s should be trapping around 121-123. That is all dependent on the driver mod of course.

The '08 Viper is getting bumped to 600hp, plus a few other goodies, should be good for mid-low 11's at close to 130 in the right hands.
    hehehe.......
    http://fast-autos.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3508

with tires smaller than a vipers (yes they are drag radials but the viper's tires are steam rollers too and hardly of the all season either) and 100 less horsepower
    a lone Honda in a sea of Turbo goodness

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydreamn View Post
    hehehe.......
    http://fast-autos.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3508

with tires smaller than a vipers (yes they are drag radials but the viper's tires are steam rollers too and hardly of the all season either) and 100 less horsepower
    Yeah, the new Z06 is a beast too. Altho, I think the '08 Viper is gonna take it down, but only time will tell. They're supposed to hit the streets in the summer. And hopefully Chevy will answer back with the supercharged SS vette, then Dodge can bump the Viper up even more (the new engine is supposedly good for 800+ with minor tweaks), gotta love competition!
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Quote Originally Posted by 06STIGUY View Post
    Hey Paintballguy, I want a ride too! just dont kill me
    definitely... I wont kill you I promise. lol I grew up racing karts, dirtbikes, quads... If you could put gas in it, I was all over it. I can't wait till next season. One of my coworkers runs in the SCCA Nationals and is going to be teaching me.

I'll have my car out this weekend. New clutch goes in tomorrow.
    2007 SWP STI
    2006 WRB WRX 11.5@119mph ~sold

Yeah, the new Z06 is a beast too. Altho, I think the '08 Viper is gonna take it down, but only time will tell. They're supposed to hit the streets in the summer. And hopefully Chevy will answer back with the supercharged SS vette, then Dodge can bump the Viper up even more (the new engine is supposedly good for 800+ with minor tweaks), gotta love competition!
    I must say I am amazed and impressed. You are the first viper fan I have seen who doesn't get all pissy and gets red in the face when that is brought up, good on ya
    a lone Honda in a sea of Turbo goodness

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydreamn View Post
    I must say I am amazed and impressed. You are the first viper fan I have seen who doesn't get all pissy and gets red in the face when that is brought up, good on ya
    Don't let the Mopar hat fool ya, I love anything that's fast. And if ya can't appreciate what Chevy has done with the new Z06, then you can't call yourself an enthusiast, that car is badass. I had the privelege of driving one that had headers and a tune (498rwhp) and it made my truck feel like a geo metro (my truck runs mid 11's in street trim, low 11's on slicks/skinnies). They're awesome cars and I'd have no problem having one in the garage. I love the new hp wars that are going on right now, we now have several 500+hp cars available for under $100K, how cool is that?
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Don't let the Mopar hat fool ya, I love anything that's fast. And if ya can't appreciate what Chevy has done with the new Z06, then you can't call yourself an enthusiast, that car is badass. I had the privelege of driving one that had headers and a tune (498rwhp) and it made my truck feel like a geo metro (my truck runs mid 11's in street trim, low 11's on slicks/skinnies). They're awesome cars and I'd have no problem having one in the garage. I love the new hp wars that are going on right now, we now have several 500+hp cars available for under $100K, how cool is that?
    I like what this guy has to say!!!! It really is true and that shows true enthusiasm for motorsport and anything with pistons, haha.

I just hope nothing happens like when Japan was fighting their horsepower wars. All the major automakers eventually stopped competing like that and made a "gentlemen's agreement" to not make more than around 280hp. Thats why you will see all the supercars from the Skyline to the STI to the Evo to the 3000GT to the 300zx all rating similar horsepowers. This is however what the companies "claimed" that the cars made haha.

I PRAY that never happens here in the US...we get screwed in so many ways with cars as it is. Japan egets 100octane gas at the pump, why the hell can't we???
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I remember you telling me about this race with the Viper when it happened. I can't wait to see your timeslips after you get the new 30r and Crawford shortblock in.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.