06 WRX vs 05 Viper - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

This is a discussion on 06 WRX vs 05 Viper within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'd still rather have the viper....

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    ringwood, NJ
    Posts
    501
    i'd still rather have the viper.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Banned engz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    287
    "it's the streets, anything is possible" NICE race!

  4. #18
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,304
    Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth View Post
    he probably didn't want to deal with your silly imature actions. I don't think he would of felt very proud destroying a little 4 cylinder that is a third of the price of his. come on dude. if that was a new viper, bro, he would of killed you. you aren't that stupid are you?
    Wow dude...I've seen 5 posts from you today and they have all been negative...

    Let people enjoy themselves and their cars. If you don't care about it and think people are being "stupid" or whatever...then don't come to the forum to read their stories. You don't know the guys car...driving isn't all about the numbers or the AWD or the gear you were in...That particular Rex might just be that impressive, which it looks it. He might be an awesome driver. The Viper's driver maybe missed a gear, or bought the car just because he could with his money without really knowing how to use it to its potential. So many variables. You weren't there, so don't act like you were. You can speculate, fine...but leave it at that. Go be negative somewhere else.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  5. #19
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    this guy is serious i have made the mistake of racing him and it was not the slightest bit of fun.i have no idea where you get the money for this but the car is sick!i got vf34 and 293whp and it pulled 7 football fields on me in 3rd gear.i really want to go for a ride i have always seen you beating everyone and i want to feel 400 horsepower and that dogbox.are you going to be out tonight??


    quoted the wrong person there.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    ringwood, NJ
    Posts
    501
    sorry bro. congrats on yo win.

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Md
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    this guy is serious i have made the mistake of racing him and it was not the slightest bit of fun.i have no idea where you get the money for this but the car is sick!i got vf34 and 293whp and it pulled 7 football fields on me in 3rd gear.i really want to go for a ride i have always seen you beating everyone and i want to feel 400 horsepower and that dogbox.are you going to be out tonight??
    Yea i wouldnt Dare race him, i know what his car is capable of... Wish i could come out tonight but cops seem to love my car so im weary of bringing it out much anymore.

  8. #22
    Registered User Paintballguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    this guy is serious i have made the mistake of racing him and it was not the slightest bit of fun.i have no idea where you get the money for this but the car is sick!i got vf34 and 293whp and it pulled 7 football fields on me in 3rd gear.i really want to go for a ride i have always seen you beating everyone and i want to feel 400 horsepower and that dogbox.are you going to be out tonight??
    We are putting in the new clutch tomorrow. I'll take you for a ride one time when I get it back out.

    The guy in the viper definitely went all out. He was giving it all it had...
    2007 SWP STI
    2006 WRB WRX 11.5@119mph ~sold

  9. #23
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    hey, how far is pas,md from the cecil dragway? always looking for a good 4cyl race.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  10. #24
    Registered User elohdaeh78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth View Post
    he probably didn't want to deal with your silly imature actions. I don't think he would of felt very proud destroying a little 4 cylinder that is a third of the price of his. come on dude. if that was a new viper, bro, he would of killed you. you aren't that stupid are you?
    he is making nearly 500hp which is just as much as the viper and nearly 500torque so why wouldn't he be able to keep up with the viper, im sure the viper is a bit heavier, and everyone of your posts are negative and rude.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

  11. #25
    Registered User Paintballguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    hey, how far is pas,md from the cecil dragway? always looking for a good 4cyl race.
    like a hour. I'd be up for a race.
    2007 SWP STI
    2006 WRB WRX 11.5@119mph ~sold

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    84
    nice kill! you have a similar build to me. my ppg's are going sometime next year. really surprised you havent hit 400whp. do you have an ewg yet?

  13. #27
    Registered User Paintballguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyswrx View Post
    nice kill! you have a similar build to me. my ppg's are going sometime next year. really surprised you havent hit 400whp. do you have an ewg yet?
    conservative tune and dyno numbers mean nothing... Last time I went to the track I ran a 12.2@113 on a stock broken clutch. I'll hit 11's once I run it with the 6 puck clutch.
    2007 SWP STI
    2006 WRB WRX 11.5@119mph ~sold

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    84
    yeah i know a guy that knows you named craig. i remember reading somewhere that you had 2 clutches. you gonna sell one of them? which clutch did you end up with? worx seems like it holds more torque. yeah i think the only thing that'll be different with your current build is the dogbox ( i'll be going with synco'd striaghtcuts )and i have the 8cm 20g. how long did your clutch and gears last on the 20g?
    Last edited by shortyswrx; 12-31-2006 at 04:01 PM.

  15. #29
    Registered User Paintballguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyswrx View Post
    yeah i know a guy that knows you named craig. i remember reading somewhere that you had 2 clutches. you gonna sell one of them? which clutch did you end up with? worx seems like it holds more torque. yeah i think the only thing that'll be different with your current build is the dogbox ( i'll be going with synco'd striaghtcuts )and i have the 8cm 20g. how long did your clutch and gears last on the 20g?
    my clutch lasted one pass at the strip with the dogbox... just got the act in friday and going up to andrewtech this week.

    But, I'm pulling the engine next month and throwing in a crawford s3l with ported heads and cams. Then, throwing on a 30r.
    2007 SWP STI
    2006 WRB WRX 11.5@119mph ~sold

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    274
    i believe it.

    ~390awhp at ~3100lbs
    vs ~425rwhp at ~3500lbs
    = close race

    plus you have to realize that at those horsepower levels you WILL have traction issues with 2WD.
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •