why...Tegs and 90's accord
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on why...Tegs and 90's accord within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok..i dont usually post much in this topic, mostly because i dont bother to street race -- unless you count ...

why...Tegs and 90's accord

ok..i dont usually post much in this topic, mostly because i dont bother to street race -- unless you count goofing off at the dragon.

last two days i have had two integras and the same early 90's accord twice want to race.

yesterday morning is was the accord, bouncing around on probably cut springs, big monster tach near the windshield, watermelon shooter exhaust. revs at me at a light..i wasnt going to bother until she did it again at another one. so i ran up to mid 2nd gear and called it a day.

yesterday as well, Teg #1 pulls up to me at a light. I wasnt even really paying attention and as i pull out from the light, almost through 1st gear, i can hear something making this terrible noise...it is the teg next to me giving it all it had...so i shifted into 2nd and pulled 3 or 4 cars and then went back to my commute home.

right after that teg, another one comes up behind me, gets on my back bumper, so i downshifted to 2nd again and put it to the wood. once again, pulled 3 or 4 car lengths, moved to another lane and went about my commute, only this guy pulled up next to me and paced me for about 1/2 mile...so i gave him and his buddy a nod and once I heard him get on the gas, i did too. again, 3-4 lengths. we never really went fast, no more than 60 or so probably...

ran into the same damn accord this morning..she is still trying to win...she did a ricer fly by this morning though and even hit the hazards. wtf. would you like an egg roll with your rice?? sheesh.

minor rant over.

btw, i am stage 2
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 12-29-2006 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BULLY!

hahah, yea i mean the accord is just funny cus its old and junk, but the teg's, if its a type R could be a fun run (especially on the Dragon).

I dont think its model specific i just think that the target market for old beat up tegs and accords are younger people and they are competitive (like myself, i dont think ive let a car out accelerate me from a stop since i was 17 and learning stick).
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    BULLY!

hahah, yea i mean the accord is just funny cus its old and junk, but the teg's, if its a type R could be a fun run (especially on the Dragon).

I dont think its model specific i just think that the target market for old beat up tegs and accords are younger people and they are competitive (like myself, i dont think ive let a car out accelerate me from a stop since i was 17 and learning stick).

i just dont get it. If i could see a FMIC or something, that would make it fun, but these were unmodded or lightly modded tegs.

type R's are ok on the dragon. I can outrun them pretty easily there though. they have trouble with accelerating out of most of the turns without burning off the inside front tire so they are pretty easy to outrun though there.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    type R's are ok on the dragon. I can outrun them pretty easily there though. they have trouble with accelerating out of most of the turns without burning off the inside front tire so they are pretty easy to outrun though there.
    Hmm, they are really good at auto-x, im surprised they dont do better on the dragon. WRX should have the disadvantage since the suspension/weight isnt great for handling.

most autoX's are flat, correct? or mostly flat anyway. the dragon is definitely not flat and hardly any corners are even close to a flat turn.

80% (atleast) of the people that go up there think they can drive a lot better than they really can. i have seen several porsche's in the trees, in the ditch, etc...among other vehicles. heck, they wrecked a protype Viper up there not too long ago...put the $500,000 car over the hill.

people go thru once or twice and think they know the road. there is no way you can drive it a few times and remember all 318 turns and the changes in road elevation/pitch/etc. heck, from March to Nov, i go at least every other weekend and i know the road pretty well, but still learn it each time i go.

most FWD and RWD cars have a hard time up there. AWD up there rules for sure... ask Killboy in his highly modified EVO. he is definitely the fastest up there. he goes up there nearly every day so he knows the road insanely well...and has the car to run it (nearly every suspension and brake mod, plus a host of engine/turbo changes)

FWD push into the corners and can spin the inside front tire pretty easily.

RWD cars can either push or oversteer depending on the driver and how they approach the turn(s). and they can also have a little trouble putting the power to the ground coming out of a corner. (elises do not fall into this category...nor to T-rexes -- they are diff animals up there)

if it was a totally flat run, that would make a world of different, but each corner has some sort of elevation/pitch change.

I had a new M5 recently try to play up there. in the twisties, i would get 3-5 turns ahead of him (you could hear him really pushing the car hard in turns). in the few straight sections, he would catch right back up, but again, once into a good twisty section, he would fall behind.

wow the dragon sounds really fun !! and i agree with u i have these newer accord reving at me or doing something stupid.. but i just ignore them... i even have brand new SUV trying to race me but i just ignore them too hehe but i dont get too much though heh cuz i drive the wagon!
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

The Dragon sounds like a fun drive. Where is it located? If I take this driveaway gig, I might get to tow my WRX, and I could very well get out that way.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/
    it's also called Deal's Gap its hwy 129, its a highway that connects N. Carolina and Tennessee. Something on the order of 318 turns in 11 miles and everyone who goes there is an enthusiast, except for the occasional Semi that gets stuck or the Lame chopper guys who decide to crawl along and block everyone behind them from having fun. Pretty much heaven, well except for maybe the cliffs......
    Last edited by scoobydreamn; 12-29-2006 at 10:35 AM.
    a lone Honda in a sea of Turbo goodness

ooo i assumed it was pretty flat mountain passes. I want to go!

I know the S2000 guys go a lot.

www.tailofthedragon.com
    www.dealsgap.com

photographers
    www.killboy.com
    www.dragonslayerphotos.com

video clips from my car here: (as well as pictures of my car on the dragon)

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=157960
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 12-29-2006 at 10:52 AM.

Everyone knows about The Dragon! I've never been, but I'd love to. Don't think I ever will. For the distance it is, I might as well just go to a track day.

Maybe one day if I ever ride my motorcycle with a couple of friends to Miami like I planned. Highway miles are terrible on a bike; not fun and you feel so numb afterwards.
    2006 WRX TR

just about any car or motorcycle magazine has done at least one article on the Dragon at some point.

I think recently it was voted #1 enthusiast rode in the US and in the top 5 for the world. check www.tailofthedragon.com for info on that though. i think darryl posted up the links for the mags/places that published that info.

Talking

Good "runs" even though you weren't even trying!

I love that they were trying to rev on you, and on the streets, our 0-60 is really good. Plus you have stage II? GAME OVER. I love that about the WRX, you can slap on a stage II and pretty much call it a day. Good runs!

anyone catch the odd exhaust note on my car in the runs where the camera is facing backwards?

sounds kinda like a jet in boost someone said up there once, but idle still has the boxer rumble..i dont know why it would change like it does, my borla system didnt do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    just about any car or motorcycle magazine has done at least one article on the Dragon at some point.

I think recently it was voted #1 enthusiast rode in the US and in the top 5 for the world. check www.tailofthedragon.com for info on that though. i think darryl posted up the links for the mags/places that published that info.

I've been wanting to take a car to the Dragon ever since I first heard about it a couple of years ago.

Now that I have the Evo, it's definately something I'd like to do.

Hmm... I do have an extra week's vacation this year (all for myself - the wife and I already are planning one for the two of us in July so the additional week is just for me) - maybe I'll just have to make the trip down there...
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.