Black STI vs. Mustang "ZKILLER "
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Black STI vs. Mustang "ZKILLER " within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Merry Christmas WRX Suburau dudes! I am looking for the owner of the black STI that was on I-294 Christmas ...

Black STI vs. Mustang "ZKILLER "

Merry Christmas WRX Suburau dudes! I am looking for the owner of the black STI that was on I-294 Christmas Eve playing with me.
    I was hoping he might be a member and see the topic title then he would know who I was.
    "ZKILLER" is my license plate on my car.
    My encounter with this black STI was much fun and was just interested in finding out what year your car is and what mods you have.
    My speedo ends at 150 but I estimate we were in excess of 160 MPH.
    I have race several STIs at the dragstrip but this was my first tollway tangle with one. This STI was definatley running some additional boost! A very determined driver behind the wheel too.
    You obviously found out my Mustang is not stock either!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! Enjoy your fast little Subarus and watch out for the ZKILLER!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

160 eh.....DAMN!

Smile

Merry Christmas to you! SOunds like you had a good little race! That is cool of you to come and post up friendly of how you enjoyed some good company on a race. I hope that if the owner is on here, that he finds you. Take care, and again, happy holidays!

Zkiller what year Stang and what mods? How close was the race?

Good kill!
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

What was done to your ZKILLER?
    2006 WRX TR

Well I can tell you about my mods but I sure am curious about that WRX!
    I have a 2006 Mustang GT with an intercooled Kenne Bell blower with some boost. I have a 3.73 gear an some exhaust upgrades and high voltage coil packs, custom tune, racing driveshaft and a few more minor things. I run 11.6 to 11-7 at the track. I have ran some stock STIs but this one was well modded. I was very impressed with the torque that is capoable in that flat four!
    Going to Christmas dinner at the in-laws I was rolling along at about 80 MPH when I saw this nice black WRX merge in from the on-ramp on my right. I knew when he saw me he would want to go at it (My car is all striped and wheels and ****), so I slowed to 65-70 MPH. We looked at each other and both hit throttle.
    I pulled on him right away about 2 car lengths. Then as my boost really peaked about 11 PSI I pulled a little further. We had to shut down for traffic for a bit and once we went past that I waited in the middle lane. STI is on my left and I waited for him to make a good start, and then I nailed it at about 70 MPH. We screamed along until my speeo was buried. I had about 2 cars lead when we were at 150.
    We again saw traffic ahead and laid back. Once we passed that group of cars we hit it simultaneously. This time while we were going balls out at about 100 MPH the STI pulled next to me. As our motor both strained I pulled ahead again and he finally had to shut down near his exit.
    I coasted down to about 90 and waived back to him a thumbs up.
    I know my car, I know what I run at the strip when I go. I know what I can do for top end. All I can say is that STI was seriously fast.
    My car is heavier and has a V-8 but this was a really good highway match up. I would love to have gone from a stop just to see what we did against each other. That STI is a highway beast though!
    I know if I had a stock Mustang GT I would have had my ass handed to me on a silver platter, but I have some serious mods.
    I raced Z06 Vette on the highway once did not compare to this WRX.
    I am impressed with the performance you guys can get! Merry Christmas!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ChromeCamCovers 008.jpg   06.jpg  
    Last edited by ZKILLER; 12-25-2006 at 06:39 PM.

Obviously a highly modified black STi or wrx. I know of two, one in Chicago and I think the other is a strictly modified car but I thought that was being parted out that are black and highly modified. Any more info on hte car/person?

The user is probably on nasioc but the people of nasioc would flame you and your thread would be deleted immediately if you posted there. They all like to pretend they don't speed.

Nice!! Sounds like you all had fun!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Banned
    some wool they are pulling over everybody's eyes on that one. LOL Don't speed my ARSE!!!!!

Sounds like a fun race. Great car you have there btw.

Which KB? the 2.4 or the 2.6? Pulley upgrade? "racing driveshaft"? you mean a one-piece aluminum driveshaft?, (to those who don't know, the 05+ has a POS heavy-as-hell 2 piece (44 lbs!) driveshaft), Granetellis COPs?, LCAs? Sways? what tires? where tuned? What are you putting down to the wheels in TQ and RWHP?

And yeah, that STi was definately heavily modded...

(<- has a decently modded 05 Vert)
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

I know of a few decently modded black STi's in the area. Only one I have heard of that has the power to keep up with you though was pushing an 18G with supporting mods but I think he moved onto a GT35 which would def. allow him to hang with your stang.

On another note, you are an idiot for going 160 on 294.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

You have a sick Stang dude You mod list is definately spot on and I bet you surprise a lot of Mustang haters, which is always fun too.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Thanks for compliments on my car! I did not come here to flame anyone but just was curious about that fast STI. My son's pal has an 04 STI he has modded. His car would not have hung with me to those speeds.
    The driver of the black STI was a guy under 30. He could drive pretty well too. It was not mature or smart to be racing on the street but damn it was fun!
    Yes you pretty much named all my mods. The aluminum driveshaft was from Powerhouse. the coil packs are GMS, I have the 2.4 blower running 10 PSI, tuned locally here at performance shop in my town. HT0 plugs, 39LB injectors some control arms etc.
    I put down 485H/450T to the wheels at that boost level. I can change pullies in four minutes to go up or down in boost but I am as high as I can go on the stock connecting rods. I have plans to build a forged bottom end next year to support more power.
    I really enjoy smoking the Mustang haters (especially Vettes) and all but I am a car guy and appreciate any respectable machine. When my car was 100% stock it ran 14.20 best ET. Now it is like a rocket!
    I am not normally a maniac on the highway and don't advocate breaking the law and all but with four lanes wide open and two performance vehicles side by side that stuff happens I guess. I try to get my thrills at the track most of the time. Thanks guys I hope the driver reads this and tells us what he has in his WRX.

Racing up to 160 on public roads isn't exactly the smartest thing to do (to put it mildly), but I can see how the temptation would be there in the scenario you describe.

As to the rest, nice run, and an extremely nice car! It sounds like it's a blast to drive, and I'm sure you have a lot of fun surprising other drivers.

Also, feel free to hang around these boards. A lot of us here don't have Subarus, but tend to stay because it's one of the more open enthusiast sites around, and people here tend to respect deserving cars no matter what make or model.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.