Charger > Me

This is a discussion on Charger > Me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.cars.com/go/video/motorwe...v&aff=national As I was coming home from work on the highway. Didnt noticed I was going a little bit faster ...

Charger > Me

http://www.cars.com/go/video/motorwe...v&aff=national

As I was coming home from work on the highway. Didnt noticed I was going a little bit faster then the speed limit. Actually way faster then the speed limit but the highway was clear the whole way home. All of a sudden, this charger policecar pulled on me quick, from out of nowhere, thinking he was going to pull me over. I slowed down a bit and he stood on my side for 1/4 mile and gunned it pass me. I think he was just trying to make me slow down or trying to show off his new toy but thank God he didnt pull me over for speeding. Anyways, these cars are crazy quick and it wasnt the middle model RT's. I could tell bc my friends RT doesnt pull that hard. The SRT8 policecars makes alot of us import enthusiast look like crap. Watch out now

EDIT: Oops they are the RTs. 6.1L are the SRT8.
    Last edited by engz; 12-24-2006 at 11:50 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the police chargers are indeed "normal" hemi 340hp.. NOT the SRT 400+HP versions... autoweek did a test on SPEEDTV of em....

Thats one mean looking cop car.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

oohh. hey woops.. the autoweek test is the exact video thats you originally linked.. sorry And the even say the 340 HP hemi..

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Thats one mean looking cop car.
    hahaha hell yea. bummed me out when i got pulled over in my cobra by a plain white charger made me feel slow lol
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Yeah, those are the standard Hemi RT chargers. Either way, still a badass police ride.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Let me correct myself. They are the RT's but damn wtf they are fast.

Yes they are pretty quick. I ran one when I was running the tdc stage 2 map in my forester. Pretty much even from a first gear roll, we shut down when I shifted into third because we were up to the speed limit.
    05 FXT
    Perrin Up-pipe
    Cobb turbo back
    Protuned by sub racing

Banned
    ehhhh, our local cops have one and it doesn't impress me too much. My wagon stock is faster, albeit not by much but still faster than the hemi model.

Yeah, I saw the Thing on Speed TV about the new cop chargers... 6.1l Hemis 0 to 60 in 5.8(i think) and a 1/4 time of like 14.8... so nothing too impressive on speed but they bumped up the handling on them like crazy...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #23

Quote Originally Posted by BlobWagon View Post
    ehhhh, our local cops have one and it doesn't impress me too much. My wagon stock is faster, albeit not by much but still faster than the hemi model.

I wasn't impressed much but after watching the video, it wasn't that bad (IMO), but no matter how fast you can be, one flash and it's all over... sadly to say huh?!

Just like Newks in his Cobra.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by n0hp4me View Post
    ... 6.1l Hemis 0 to 60 in 5.8(i think) and a 1/4 time of like 14.8... ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    The 0-60 times on the stock Charger SRT8 are 5 second-ish with 1/4 mile times in the mid 13 second range.... All that said, it is still a big heavy family sedan.
    Obviously individual results may vary but like I have said many times, the Charger is a big heavy "Family sedan"... A family sedan with a big fat V8 in it, that IS relatively fast, for what it is. If you want a more of a pure performance car, the Charger is not best option. Like all cars it makes trade offs to better fit the needs of a targeted market.
    Last edited by TheJ; 12-24-2006 at 04:28 PM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Their old Crown Vics took 24 seconds to reach 100 so anything is an improvement on that. Of course the handling is leagues better as well. I think the police Charger runs the first 18-inch steelies I've ever heard of.

Ford has a 300hp 3-valve as well as a 5spd auto that would both fit the Crown Vic PI's nicely. However, I'll bet they're too stupid to notice the danger to their sales figures so they'll keep on making their underpowered sedans because "who needs more than 245hp?" That may have been a nice number in 1992 but it ain't so great now.

If/when they do notice, it'll be too late -- as usual. Maybe then they'll try to continue their "retro instead of innovation" design theme and make new 70s-style Crown Vics that look like refugees from The Dukes of Hazard.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.