WARNING: Mad Ricers in MK5 GTI 2.0T's
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68

This is a discussion on WARNING: Mad Ricers in MK5 GTI 2.0T's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I used to own a VW as of 3 months ago so I'm not talking about all VW owners here... ...

  1. #1
    Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Deptford, NJ
    Posts
    2,082

    WARNING: Mad Ricers in MK5 GTI 2.0T's

    I used to own a VW as of 3 months ago so I'm not talking about all VW owners here...

    The past 2 encounters I've had with the MK5 GTI 2.0T are practically identical. The first one was stock (I'm pretty sure). He was screwing around with me in traffic (should have gotten the hint there he was a moron). So after the traffic breaks and the highway opens up we both go at it. He was like up my rear-end chasing me. Then does the ricer flyby and goes well over 115mph down the highway. Do these moron kids actually expect people to chase them into 3-digit speeds in all-out rally race weaving in and out of traffic??!! It's so irresponsible. Don't get me wrong, obviously I am no angel. I'm used to the 60mph, line up and 3 honk frumaroll race...but lately it has been ridiculous. This artard was passing cars on the shoulder! I just stood back and watched this moron try to impress me.

    Well, tonight I faced my 2nd encounter and this was with a modded MK5 GTI 2.0T. From what I could tell he had exhaust (turbo-back, cat-back, who knows?) and he that popping sound in between gears...possibly catless, maybe a chip, who knows? Anyway, he pulled up next to me at a redlight. They were 2 young highschool pipsqueeks in the car smiling over at me. I didn't launch, started off slow and then we both got on it around 15mph or so and took off. He was behind me trying to ride my ass but I had about a car - car and a half on him. I shut down as we starting coming up on some traffic and of course he did the ricer flyby and started weaving in and out of traffic driving like a moron in the 115-125mph range. It was like dejavu, I just sat back and watched this retard almost cause an accident. What is it gonna take to get one of these idiots to just line up and race from a roll? I think my stock '06 WRX could take it from a 60mph roll but then again I know those VW trannies are geared for high speeds (Autobahn). My VW had great pickup from 80mph onward, so who knows... Anyone else encountered a 2.0T?
    Last edited by farBeyondDriven; 12-21-2006 at 08:28 PM.
    2006 Panty Dropper

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User PJO42387's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DF-DUB
    Posts
    2,386
    I had a STI do a ricer flyby with some psssssh from his BOV the other night.
    CGM

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    I had a STI do a ricer flyby with some psssssh from his BOV the other night.
    maybe he was just driving by you really fast and shifted right when he passed you. thats why you heard the psssh...
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

  5. #4
    Registered User Aerophyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I used to own a VW as of 3 months ago so I'm not talking about all VW owners here...

    The past 2 encounters I've had with the MK5 GTI 2.0T are practically identical. The first one was stock (I'm pretty sure). He was screwing around with me in traffic (should have gotten the hint there he was a moron). So after the traffic breaks and the highway opens up we both go at it. He was like up my rear-end chasing me. Then does the ricer flyby and goes well over 115mph down the highway. Do these moron kids actually expect people to chase them into 3-digit speeds in all-out rally race weaving in and out of traffic??!! It's so irresponsible. Don't get me wrong, obviously I am no angel. I'm used to the 60mph, line up and 3 honk frumaroll race...but lately it has been ridiculous. This artard was passing cars on the shoulder! I just stood back and watched this moron try to impress me.

    Well, tonight I faced my 2nd encounter and this was with a modded MK5 GTI 2.0T. From what I could tell he had exhaust (turbo-back, cat-back, who knows?) and he that popping sound in between gears...possibly catless, maybe a chip, who knows? Anyway, he pulled up next to me at a redlight. They were 2 young highschool pipsqueeks in the car smiling over at me. I didn't launch, started off slow and then we both got on it around 15mph or so and took off. He was behind me trying to ride my ass but I had about a car - car and a half on him. I shut down as we starting coming up on some traffic and of course he did the ricer flyby and started weaving in and out of traffic driving like a moron in the 115-125mph range. It was like dejavu, I just sat back and watched this retard almost cause an accident. What is it gonna take to get one of these idiots to just line up and race from a roll? I think my stock '06 WRX could take it from a 60mph roll but then again I know those VW trannies are geared for high speeds (Autobahn). My VW had great pickup from 80mph onward, so who knows... Anyone else encountered a 2.0T?
    My recommendation is to not encourage them... that would REALLY help everyone out. Cause I guaruntee you if they cause an accident and someone ID's you as screwing around with them minutes before they wreck, Johnny Law's comin to YOUR door with a new pair of braclets for ya.

    On a partial aside, saw something the other day that made me wonder as well. Im driving down the freeway around 11 PM on a Friday night. I look back just to see a red spec v blow past me. I dont think much of it until a blue STi comes flying past 3 seconds later. I then see the two of them weaving in and out of traffic. Why would an STi even bother with a spec v? Thats like an f-18 challenging an airbus.....

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    81
    I'm waiting to encounter a GTI. Maybe it was the same kid but he just modded it.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

  7. #6
    Registered User PJO42387's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DF-DUB
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by subyguy View Post
    maybe he was just driving by you really fast and shifted right when he passed you. thats why you heard the psssh...
    No. It was a big GAY BOV!!!!!
    CGM

  8. #7
    Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Deptford, NJ
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerophyre View Post
    My recommendation is to not encourage them... that would REALLY help everyone out. Cause I guaruntee you if they cause an accident and someone ID's you as screwing around with them minutes before they wreck, Johnny Law's comin to YOUR door with a new pair of braclets for ya.

    On a partial aside, saw something the other day that made me wonder as well. Im driving down the freeway around 11 PM on a Friday night. I look back just to see a red spec v blow past me. I dont think much of it until a blue STi comes flying past 3 seconds later. I then see the two of them weaving in and out of traffic. Why would an STi even bother with a spec v? Thats like an f-18 challenging an airbus.....
    I completely agree. But it's hard to differ the morons from normal minded spirited drivers. I know it's all irresponsible in the long run, but hey it's still fun if somewhat moderated.
    2006 Panty Dropper

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

  9. #8
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I completely agree. But it's hard to differ the morons from normal minded spirited drivers. I know it's all irresponsible in the long run, but hey it's still fun if somewhat moderated.
    The only way to tell if they are a moron or an enthusiast is if after (win or lose) you get a wave, thumbs up, or some sort of acknowledgement. If you get the ricer flyby, well then you know they are a moron.

    Hell I had a C6 Corvette downshift on me, i did the same, went for a little (he must of let off quick cus i pulled decently...i was stage 2 at the time) and then I slowed and we both waved.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  10. #9
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    If it was a VW, wouldn't they be a "Sour-Kraut" instead of a "Mad Ricer"?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  11. #10
    Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Deptford, NJ
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    The only way to tell if they are a moron or an enthusiast is if after (win or lose) you get a wave, thumbs up, or some sort of acknowledgement. If you get the ricer flyby, well then you know they are a moron.

    Hell I had a C6 Corvette downshift on me, i did the same, went for a little (he must of let off quick cus i pulled decently...i was stage 2 at the time) and then I slowed and we both waved.
    Yeah, the people who give some sort of acknolgement are cool. I raced a GTO from a 60mph and hung with him pretty well, he had to have an automatic because otherwise I should have been in his dust. I think it was an LS2 GTO, b/c it looked like he had some LS2 forum stickers on his window. He gave me the thumbs up and went on his way...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    If it was a VW, wouldn't they be a "Sour-Kraut" instead of a "Mad Ricer"?
    When I said "mad ricers" I meant "alot of ricers", forgive my slang. But yes, I see what you're saying. Personally, I'd call them strudel burners.
    2006 Panty Dropper

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

  12. #11
    C J
    C J is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, NE / Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    If it was a VW, wouldn't they be a "Sour-Kraut" instead of a "Mad Ricer"?
    lol, that made me laugh at work

  13. #12
    Registered User WRX88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,304
    my friends are a mixed bunch. Some are ricers, some are more mature and won't push a race.

    My friend with his 2.0t gti won't go out of his way to make someone race him. I am the same way.

    Last night, i saw a rouche mustang and i wanted to roll so i got next to him and tried to ask him if it was a stage 1 or higher. His window was down and he looked away, so i dropped back and went on my way.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #088
    2006 WRX Tr Stage 2

  14. #13
    Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Deptford, NJ
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX88 View Post
    my friends are a mixed bunch. Some are ricers, some are more mature and won't push a race.

    My friend with his 2.0t gti won't go out of his way to make someone race him. I am the same way.

    Last night, i saw a rouche mustang and i wanted to roll so i got next to him and tried to ask him if it was a stage 1 or higher. His window was down and he looked away, so i dropped back and went on my way.
    Where you at in Jersey? This kid in the 2.0T was pushin' for a race but then did the ricer flyby and expected me to chase him I'm guessing? F'n ghey.

    P.S. - Roush Mustangs are teh f4st4r.
    2006 Panty Dropper

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

  15. #14
    Registered User Bboy AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    487
    So even a chipped MkV GTI wasn't a match for us stock 06+ WRXs?

    I was SO close to buying a MkV GTI. I'm glad I didn't.
    2006 WRX TR

  16. #15
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    So even a chipped MkV GTI wasn't a match for us stock 06+ WRXs?

    I was SO close to buying a MkV GTI. I'm glad I didn't.
    Actually, I don't think he ever really raced the second car if it did indeed have a tbe + chip. Those mods on an MkV GTI would walk a stock 06' wrx at those speeds.

    But as for the stock GTI, it is no match for an 06' WRX.

    I have not really had any experiences with the new GTI. I had one guy try to play around with me in traffic and I just ignored him and eventually he just stopped. I would like to catch one on an open road though.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •