WARNING: Mad Ricers in MK5 GTI 2.0T's - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on WARNING: Mad Ricers in MK5 GTI 2.0T's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD Volkswagen GTI named Automobile Magazine's Car of the Year for 2006 Top gear also named it ...

Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    Volkswagen GTI named Automobile Magazine's Car of the Year for 2006
    Top gear also named it the car of the year.

However, these magazine do not have to worry about repairing the vehicle. All they worry about is how it performs for the dollar.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    Volkswagen GTI named Automobile Magazine's Car of the Year for 2007
    Yeah, I never said it was a slouch in the performance category which is all these magazines care about. Pick up the copy of Consumer Reports and see how they rated it.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Consumer reports LOVES the new Hawk eye Rex's and STI's...straight almost perfect raitings down the board...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Got any scans or a link? I'm always curious to see what critics write about my car.
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    Got any scans or a link? I'm always curious to see what critics write about my car.
    Here are some Consumer Reports, MSN and CNNMoney articles with Consumer Reports info.

This article summarizing Consumer Reports' 2006 reliability survey. Subaru Impreza WRX is listed third as Most Reliable in the Sporty Cars/Convertible/Coupes category. Least Reliable in the Small Cars category in the VW Jetta 2.5, as well as the VW Passat 2.0T in the Family Cars category. I think this survey was done before the 2.0T was availble in the Jetta and GTI. Keep in mind there are many cars in between. These two columns simply list the best of the best (Most Reliable) and worst of the worst (Least Reliable).

MSN.com: http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.as...tentid=4023544

This article states the Subaru Impreza WRX/STi is a 2006 Top Pick in the "Fun To Drive" category.

MSN.com: http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=2893

ConsumerReports.org: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...icks/index.htm

CNNMoney.com: http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/aut...n.exclude.html

Here is an article from ConsumerReports.org listing the Best and Worst Used Cars. Every Subaru model listed is a "Consumer Reports Good Bet" and every VW model listed is a "Consumer Reports Bad Bet."

ConsumerReports.org: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...-406/index.htm
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    They make the interior nice so you're comfortable waiting for roadside assistance.
    Too funny. Good one.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #777
    #569/800
    -- Nick

RESURRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

...wish I knew how crappy VWs were before I bought one

I still enjoyed mine though...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    RESURRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

...wish I knew how crappy VWs were before I bought one

I still enjoyed mine though...
    I enjoyed mine, too. It was the first car I had in awhile with a wide range of fairly affordable parts and mods, besides my Mustang GT. I definitely don't miss being the backyard mechanic though when stuff went wrong. That's what ultimately turned me off to Audi/VW. They sure look nice though, you gotta give 'em that.
    2006 Panty Dropper

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345