WARNING: Mad Ricers in MK5 GTI 2.0T's - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WARNING: Mad Ricers in MK5 GTI 2.0T's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I seriously do NOT think a chipped (REVO, APR, or what have you) GTI will take a stock WRX. I ...

I seriously do NOT think a chipped (REVO, APR, or what have you) GTI will take a stock WRX. I am unsure, but I do not believe it until I hear otherwise. I think a chipped one puts down 220 WHP while us 06+ are still 230 WHP. Weight is the same, basically.

The MkV have been out in Europe for awhile and they're doing quite well. So don't slam VW MkV reliability just yet. The MkV GTI is a sweet package, which is why I put a deposit down on one. It's just that, to me, the WRX is a better car. And it is a fact that it is faster. Plus, FWD is the least of my wheel drive picks.
    2006 WRX TR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    I seriously do NOT think a chipped (REVO, APR, or what have you) GTI will take a stock WRX. I am unsure, but I do not believe it until I hear otherwise. I think a chipped one puts down 220 WHP while us 06+ are still 230 WHP. Weight is the same, basically.
    Stock 06 WRX is putting down about 200 whp, not 230whp. So a 220whp GTi would have an advantage over a 200whp WRX from-a-roll.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    Well that’s your opinion sounds like your jetta was just a peace of sh!$t I owned vw's all my life and never had any problems with any of them the engine vw has is a strong engine no matter what mileage you have on it.

Maybe you should try out another vw and get rid of the wrx.
    The jetta was a nightmare, had it for a total of 10 months. Electrical problems galore, power windows, turn signal flashers, lights, etc. Believe it or not vw said it was normal and within spec for the engine to burn so much oil.

I drove the new 2.0T with the DSG box, pretty nice for stock but falls on its face up top, i guess its because the tiny turbo. My buddys car, but him being stock and me being stage 1 (255 crank hp) i pulled 2 cars on him on the highway. Then my FWD infiniti G20 pretty much owned him but then again it has more than double the vdubs power.
    Martin Jez
    03 bugeye wagon WRB- Cobb stage 2
    87 GN- lots of toys
    04 pathfinder
    93 G20 SR20DET

What?

This is why I do not like many of you 06' guys. Always jumping the gun with horrible information cuz of da 2.5L y0!11

Stock 06's put down anywhere from 190-200 depending on the dyno. So your standard of comparative measurement is off from the get-go. From a dig, a chipped GTI is still likely to lose, frumaroll is different though. He is making more power, weighs slighly less, and has better gearing.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Boo '06 guys!

with gutted cats and an intake, i think a 2.0 gti will take or at least stick with a stock 06. I can't speak for previous years, because i have never raced one or driven one on the highway.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #088
    2006 WRX Tr Stage 2

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by MJez View Post
    The jetta was a nightmare, had it for a total of 10 months. Electrical problems galore, power windows, turn signal flashers, lights, etc. Believe it or not vw said it was normal and within spec for the engine to burn so much oil.
    If VW says it's normal for their relatively new engines to burn so much oil, then their engines are officially royal pieces of crap. My engine has over 127K miles on it, I flog and abuse it every single day, and it still has never burned a single drop.

What's considered the norm for WRX engines (not a flame, just curious)?
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    This is why I do not like many of you 06' guys. Always jumping the gun with horrible information cuz of da 2.5L y0!11
    simmer down y0!@11@23

not all of use '06ers are bad people!

i looked at the new gen gti when i bought my rex. there was something about it i didn't like, and the wrx made me smile much more while driving
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie_Mvp View Post
    try to surround me fast and furious style and then they took off.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. let me stop. i thought it was funny

Quote Originally Posted by kingypoo View Post
    simmer down y0!@11@23

not all of use '06ers are bad people!
    That is why I said "many" of the 06' owners and not "all".
    Just call me Clark Kent

Whoops, I made a mistake. Feel free to discredit anything and everything in each and every one of my posts because of this.

Although that is why I do not like many of you 02-03 Neon owners
    2006 WRX TR

can someone explain what exactly is "Ricer Flyby" ? this accounts for any car? fast or not?

there are two main types.

One is, if from a roll you race someone and put a big distance between you, then you shut down when its clear you're way ahead of em, The ricer doesn't stop accelerating and 'fly by' you even though its already evident you had the faster ride.

two is the same, except you weren't racing. This is usually just called driving like a moron, but i've seen it called flyby around here sometimes.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

why not just call it a flyby, what does it have to do with wild style accersorizing that doesnt have to do with performance?

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    why not just call it a flyby, what does it have to do with wild style accersorizing that doesnt have to do with performance?
    Because it's a typical ricer maneuver? (shrug)
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Whoops, I made a mistake. Feel free to discredit anything and everything in each and every one of my posts because of this.

Although that is why I do not like many of you 02-03 Neon owners
    Nothing against you personally... But n00b 06' owners have a HUGE track record as of late with talking about the imaginary capabilities of their super-uber-2.5L and such. All I ask is that people to their research before posting info, ESPECIALLY when trying to prove a point in a debate.

You may not like us 02-03 owners but we bring the facts to the table son
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast