WARNING: Mad Ricers in MK5 GTI 2.0T's - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WARNING: Mad Ricers in MK5 GTI 2.0T's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, the stock GTI is not on the 2.5 WRX's level. I think chipped, it may be even (?). The ...

Yeah, the stock GTI is not on the 2.5 WRX's level. I think chipped, it may be even (?). The MkV weigh about the same as the WRXs.
    2006 WRX TR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

weird, the other day i was just cruising on the highway and i had a group of modded gti's (2 Mk IV and a Mk V) try to surround me fast and furious style and then they took off. they must've thought they were pretty BA but i wasn't going to take off after them because my g/f was in the car. first time i've ever had a bad encounter with some vw owners.
    06' WRB TR(Stock)

Quote Originally Posted by WRX88 View Post
    Last night, i saw a rouche mustang and i wanted to roll so i got next to him and tried to ask him if it was a stage 1 or higher. His window was down and he looked away, so i dropped back and went on my way.
    was it yellow? where in jersey were you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie_Mvp View Post
    weird, the other day i was just cruising on the highway and i had a group of modded gti's (2 Mk IV and a Mk V) try to surround me fast and furious style and then they took off. they must've thought they were pretty BA but i wasn't going to take off after them because my g/f was in the car. first time i've ever had a bad encounter with some vw owners.
    i find VWs are the ricey versions of the VW/Audi bunch...
    Sorta like the Honda/Acura... although the integras are the exception...

my friend has a 20th anniversary add. with everything except a turbo up grade, and my sti ate him from a stop, i love awd, but from a roll i only got one car length...
    D@VID
    2002 F150 s-crew
    07R6/08ZX-10
    STILL Hawk Eye Alliance #31
    "your drive should not be to outdo others,but to outdo yourself"

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Actually, I don't think he ever really raced the second car if it did indeed have a tbe + chip. Those mods on an MkV GTI would walk a stock 06' wrx at those speeds.

But as for the stock GTI, it is no match for an 06' WRX.

I have not really had any experiences with the new GTI. I had one guy try to play around with me in traffic and I just ignored him and eventually he just stopped. I would like to catch one on an open road though.
    I know the chips add a ton of power to the 2.0T but I said I wasn't sure if it was chipped or not. The 2nd MK5 GTI was from about a 10-15mph roll, he got behind me after he saw me at the light, I took off and he tried to ride my ass (he could have passed me in the left lane) but he had trouble keeping up, he was about 1 - 1.5 cars behind until I shut down and he did the ricer flyby.

Alot of people in VWs are total ricers. I used to have one and I admit I was a semi-ricer (okay I was a ricer), I thought they were alot faster then they truly were. Don't get me wrong, they're no slouches. However, they are flat out pieces of sh#t, always breaking down because completely stupid reasons. I got sick of being a backyard mechanic. I doubt I'll ever buy another VW/Audi unless Consumer Reports suddenly starts giving them good reviews.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I know the chips add a ton of power to the 2.0T but I said I wasn't sure if it was chipped or not. The 2nd MK5 GTI was from about a 10-15mph roll, he got behind me after he saw me at the light, I took off and he tried to ride my ass (he could have passed me in the left lane) but he had trouble keeping up, he was about 1 - 1.5 cars behind until I shut down and he did the ricer flyby.

Alot of people in VWs are total ricers. I used to have one and I admit I was a semi-ricer (okay I was a ricer), I thought they were alot faster then they truly were. Don't get me wrong, they're no slouches. However, they are flat out pieces of sh#t, always breaking down because completely stupid reasons. I got sick of being a backyard mechanic. I doubt I'll ever buy another VW/Audi unless Consumer Reports suddenly starts giving them good reviews.

"Ricers" First of all you cant rice out a Euro were not no Japanese crap, but yeah there are some people who just donít know how to fix up a vw but thatís for all car enthusiast donít get me wrong I do love the Rex's but would never trade my VW for one.

Oh and chipped MK5 would blow a WRX on the freeway, just thank god the kid wasnít moded.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post

Oh and chipped MK5 would blow a WRX on the freeway, just thank god the kid wasnít moded.
    Like teh SRT-4, VW's are teh fas4r frumaroll. I hear they can take a non-chipped F16.

"Ricers" First of all you cant rice out a Euro were not no Japanese crap, but yeah there are some people who just donít know how to fix up a vw but thatís for all car enthusiast donít get me wrong I do love the Rex's but would never trade my VW for one.

So what should we call it? just 'spetzled'?

Rice is a state of mind, not a country of origin anymore.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Like teh SRT-4, VW's are teh fas4r frumaroll. I hear they can take a non-chipped F16.
    HAHAHA maybe from a roll

Im just saying we all know that a Volkswagen is not a peace of sh!$t. They come with very good interior for what you pay for and a nice sporty look with a dissent engine with plenty of goodies on the market to play with.

Never have I had any problems with my GTI "Knock on wood" Im not saying the GTI/jetta are the best cars they are just a good all around car.

HAHAHA maybe from a roll

Im just saying we all know that a Volkswagen is not a peace of sh!$t. They come with very good interior for what you pay for and a nice sporty look with a dissent engine with plenty of goodies on the market to play with.

Never have I had any problems with my GTI "Knock on wood" Im not saying the GTI/jetta are the best cars they are just a good all around car.
    Well speak for yourself because i think VW is the biggest pile of **** ever made, im not knocking perfromance they are great there. But in the year of 1999 VW went down the ****ter big time. Reliability sucks, i had a 1.8T jetta a 2002. That POS ate 3 quarts of oil in 2k miles, and yes it was properly broken, bought it brand new. Maybe they changed now but i will never ever own a german car because all of their well known problems. Even my 19 year old Buick GN on its original motor doesent burn oil. VW/Audi FTL
    Martin Jez
    03 bugeye wagon WRB- Cobb stage 2
    87 GN- lots of toys
    04 pathfinder
    93 G20 SR20DET

Quote Originally Posted by MJez View Post
    Well speak for yourself because i think VW is the biggest pile of **** ever made, im not knocking perfromance they are great there. But in the year of 1999 VW went down the ****ter big time. Reliability sucks, i had a 1.8T jetta a 2002. That POS ate 3 quarts of oil in 2k miles, and yes it was properly broken, bought it brand new. Maybe they changed now but i will never ever own a german car because all of their well known problems. Even my 19 year old Buick GN on its original motor doesent burn oil. VW/Audi FTL
    Well thatís your opinion sounds like your jetta was just a peace of sh!$t I owned vw's all my life and never had any problems with any of them the engine vw has is a strong engine no matter what mileage you have on it.

Maybe you should try out another vw and get rid of the wrx.

I Support ClubWRX

Maybe you should try out another vw and get rid of the wrx.
    Why downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by STI.dreams View Post
    was it yellow? where in jersey were you?
    It was blue. Im in central jersey

I raced my friend and his gti just now from a roll. He's got an intake and no cats. I used to poo all over him, even when i had people in the car (I'm stage 2), but now, i just walked him pretty good. Those catless gti's pop like a gunshot when they backfire.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #088
    2006 WRX Tr Stage 2

Oh and chipped MK5 would blow a WRX on the freeway, just thank god the kid wasn’t moded.
    Funny, a guy I am stationed with has a MK5. With an intake, chip, and exhaust and I walk on him all day. In the 8th mile and the quarter mile. And all I have is a stock reflash. I will up-load the videos shortly. He thinks the DSG tranny is the best thing ever .
    Last edited by nightcrawler60; 12-23-2006 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou View Post

Rice is a state of mind, not a country of origin anymore.
    Exactly.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

HAHAHA maybe from a roll

No on is really saying the VW's are crap. Sure the last couple gen's (MK3/MK4) were nothing to write home about, but I am quite impressed with the MK5 2.0T. Nice interior, nice handling, great grip, strong lowend torque, makes power til redline, responds to mods well, brakes well, etc...
    Probably the only FWD car I would consider at this point other than the MS3.

However, no one can deny that VW's are not reliable. All these VW guys come on here and the maxima forums saying "my car is rock solid reliable" and then you go over to forums and everyone is playing the roll of the backyard mechanic. I used to attend VW meets with some friends who had MK3/MK4's and almost everyone there loved their cars, but hated how much repairs were necessary.

I hear the MK5 is supposed to be a bit more reliable. Only time will tell. If it can prove more reliable though, it would def. be the best buy in that price range IMO.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast