Another...06 STi vs 06 EVO IX thread...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another...06 STi vs 06 EVO IX thread... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I met one on the street and we went from 2 second gear rolls and I got him both ...

C J

Another...06 STi vs 06 EVO IX thread...

So I met one on the street and we went from 2 second gear rolls and I got him both times by about a car and a half. We talked later on a local racing board and I found out he just got the car and all it has is an intake. He was very surprised that I pulled away from him since he has beat other stock STi's. Well all of the local evo lovers started talking alot of **** on the internet and another race was arranged this time it was to go from a dig. May I remind you that my car is just a baby with only 1500 miles on it and I had not launched it up until this point or any AWD car for that matter.

Race #1:

Cars pull up to the line and we decide to shut down at 105mph. I raise the rpms to 4500 and he is on factory 2 step, arms drop and we are off. I bog alittle, he seemed to bog alittle more than I. I pull him to 105mph and win by about 4 cars. No BS.... Alittle background on the EVO driver: He just bought the car as well and has launched it a few times prior but has never had a performance car before so his driving is not up to par.

Race #2

I get a killer launch this time, tires spin alittle and the backend gets alittle loose but launches me right into boost. I beat him by 4-5 cars this time and he even admits that he got a decent launch this race. I asked if he wanted to go again and I quote him when he says "No, I have had enough".

So the lesson is that you should probably not talk such a big game on the internet and then get your ass busted in real life.

I know you guys will most likely call BS on this but its true and I would imagine the results were mostly because of driving (I have been drag racing for 5+ years in mostly rwd v8 domestic vehicles so I have a fair share of racing experience).

I have also ran a turbo gsr integra that traps 106mph from a roll and he pulled about a car and ahlf on me so for whatever reason my trap speed must be higher than average STi's. Ok that is all, enjoy.....
    Last edited by C J; 12-21-2006 at 11:24 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Mods please?

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    Mods please?
    + 1
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

C J
    both cars bone stock with intransit 30 day tags still haha

Nice runs!

At stock levels, both cars are close enough that it's the driver that makes the most difference.

Once the modding begins though, all bets are off (although the driver is still the primary factor, especially going from a dig).
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    both cars bone stock with intransit 30 day tags still haha
    thats hott then... good job man
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

C J
    Ya thats the sad truth of this situation but my car should be stage 2 by the beginning of the summer with a killer tune by Cavadini off the board. So I should be ready to put up somewhat of a fight against him since he will be modded by then as well I am sure.

Ya thats the sad truth of this situation but my car should be stage 2 by the beginning of the summer with a killer tune by Cavadini off the board. So I should be ready to put up somewhat of a fight against him since he will be modded by then as well I am sure.
    do u know what hes gonna do ?
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    bov
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

C J
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    Well considering he is kind of a dumb**** it is hard to say. I am going to guess catback, maybe DP, MBC, and a BOV of course. I highly doubt any kind of engine management, I am not too worried about losing just b/c I have always had the "slower" car that beats the faster guys haha

Well considering he is kind of a dumb**** it is hard to say. I am going to guess catback, maybe DP, MBC, and a BOV of course. I highly doubt any kind of engine management, I am not too worried about losing just b/c I have always had the "slower" car that beats the faster guys haha
    thats cool man... good luck
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

nice runs can't wait to see what happens when both are modded...

Btw this is coming from an Evo 9 owner lol
    Graphite Grey Evo 9

-1600 dollars in Mods...

equals 11.86....and only getting lower....

man, i remember my friends stock 9 trapped 100mph at LACR(slow and ****ty track), it was also his first time ever running a car in the 1/4 mile, did way better than i expected.

my freinds 06 sti with turbo back, helper spring, aps TMIC, injen intake, and a reflash trapped 104mph at the same track, and he poured in 5 gallons of 114 octane gas into the tank.
    Anthony

Nice kills and good driving. Tell the Evo dude to get the Burschur/wartallon satge 1! Don't let him blow up the car.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Why do I have a feeling I'll be seeing your friend on one of the Evo boards very soon complaining about how his car isn't running right...
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.