Another...06 STi vs 06 EVO IX thread... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Another...06 STi vs 06 EVO IX thread... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Geese1 Why do I have a feeling I'll be seeing your friend on one of the Evo ...

C J
    Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
    Why do I have a feeling I'll be seeing your friend on one of the Evo boards very soon complaining about how his car isn't running right...
    well after I saw his boost gauge install I have no doubt he will be showing up shortly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm curious as to what exactly these "stages"? Sorry for sounding like a total noob, but I am accustomed to hearing specifics. Maybe I just need to read more

What is really hard for me to find is the flow output the Subaru engines produce. That is the main thing. I am really interested in how the cylinder head looks like too. I do not want to steal this thread.

Sounds like a good run you had with the EVO. Also sounds like you got a fun ride.

-hoots

Nice. I do think that the STi's are just a tad bit quicker and stronger than the EVO, although about 50 percent of the road tests suggest otherwise. The fastest roads test comparisons I have seen have the STi a bit quicker.

The only time I met up with an EVO was when my car was faily new and I was on the highway. It was a newer EVO, Im assuming a 2006 and my car is a 2006 STi. I got behind him and he floored it, and when I floored it I was pulling right into him and would have hit him unless I moved into the other lane. When we punched the throttle a second time, I was in the other lane and was slowly creeping away from him...this was from around 80 to 100 mph. I had no doubt that my car was stronger. All good fun though...I got off the gas at around 120 mph. I was satisfied. Although i was def. pulling away noticeably, it wasnt night and day like a few cars or passing him like he was standing still. I was pulling away and would have passed him completely with no chance of him catching me if we had kept going.

I highly doubt any kind of engine management,
    Just remember sti's and evo's are different cars. exhaust, intake and boost controller...puts an evo 9 in the high 11's with an exceptional driver. Good job beating him stock though! I'm stage 2 with a hyperflow tmic and a few other small things and just barely edged an evo 9 out in 3rd gear. His only mod was an intake.

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    So I met one on the street and we went from 2 second gear rolls and I got him both times by about a car and a half. We talked later on a local racing board and I found out he just got the car and all it has is an intake. He was very surprised that I pulled away from him since he has beat other stock STi's. Well all of the local evo lovers started talking alot of **** on the internet and another race was arranged this time it was to go from a dig. May I remind you that my car is just a baby with only 1500 miles on it and I had not launched it up until this point or any AWD car for that matter.

Race #1:

Cars pull up to the line and we decide to shut down at 105mph. I raise the rpms to 4500 and he is on factory 2 step, arms drop and we are off. I bog alittle, he seemed to bog alittle more than I. I pull him to 105mph and win by about 4 cars. No BS.... Alittle background on the EVO driver: He just bought the car as well and has launched it a few times prior but has never had a performance car before so his driving is not up to par.

Race #2

I get a killer launch this time, tires spin alittle and the backend gets alittle loose but launches me right into boost. I beat him by 4-5 cars this time and he even admits that he got a decent launch this race. I asked if he wanted to go again and I quote him when he says "No, I have had enough".

So the lesson is that you should probably not talk such a big game on the internet and then get your ass busted in real life.

I know you guys will most likely call BS on this but its true and I would imagine the results were mostly because of driving (I have been drag racing for 5+ years in mostly rwd v8 domestic vehicles so I have a fair share of racing experience).

I have also ran a turbo gsr integra that traps 106mph from a roll and he pulled about a car and ahlf on me so for whatever reason my trap speed must be higher than average STi's. Ok that is all, enjoy.....
    Great runs Nice to see the STi get the edge on an EVO, but the EVO will always win the bang for buck power with mods..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.