Protuned 06 Wrx against all!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Protuned 06 Wrx against all!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright... My 06 has been making me very proud lately. Considering my car is basically stock still,I have yet to ...

Protuned 06 Wrx against all!!

Alright... My 06 has been making me very proud lately. Considering my car is basically stock still,I have yet to have any real competition. Everything that has tried to mess with me has went home in disappointment.

Lets see my most recent kills:

Tonight brand new M3. Let him jump me on the line, i didn't launch, by top of second i was back next to him, by third i was walking away, by fourth i was gone. Then on the highway from a 70 mph roll lol i didn't even shift to 4th, left it in 5th and was dead even then started walkin away. Not that M3's are teh fast but still I'm glad I got the subie and not an M3. I'm sure though with a good driver he might be able to keep up with me through the turns. I would hope... that thing was slammed..stock, my car looked like a monster truck next to it, but I have yet to find anyone who can keep up through the sharp twistys,not even bikes.

A couple nights ago ran my friends 05 Gto with exhaust... To my suprise from a 20 roll he had nothing on me I stayed next to him till the top of 4th till shuting down. I have raced him on the highway from a 60 mph and he gets me thier, he has me beat on topend power of course.

One night it was my friend with the 6.0l Gto,another with a lt1 z28 and another with a chipped ls1 SS and then me all lined up at a light side by side, we all launched and to my absolute amazement(I Had a great launch) I was 4 cars ahead of all 3 of them off the line. The Gto and SS slowly realed me in and blew by me when i was mid 5th,they were in 4th(damn short suby gears) the z28 was kinda back in the distance. ha ha

Couple weeks ago some dude in his VW R32 definelty modded, sounded alot meaner then any R32 I have seen. tried to go, He looked at my car and kinda laughed then I once again let him jump me a little bit I hardly launch anymore these days, Pretty much same deal as the M3 except he was keeping up a little bit better, but still sent him home limping,bet that whiped that little smile off his face.

I got owned. Unfortunetly by an evo . I was driving with my friend and spotted what appeared to be a heavily riced stickered blue evo sitting at Shell. I pulled into the parking lot next to him to get a better look. I was originally going to make fun of him and ask him how much hp all those stickers add just to mess with him. Noticed he was with his girl. Well I wait for him to leave and pull out behind him and follow him. As soon as the road opens up he guns it a lilttle as do I and I stay right next to him. Now I could tell he defintly had some work done, thing sounded mean to say the least. Well I get in front of him and we get stuck behind someone doin 5 mph under the posted speed limit for about a 2 miles. Luckily that person turned and it was open rd, so I droped to 2nd and let her rip. We were moving I was topping out fourth. i have never had anything keep up with me that long, all of the sudden he gets right up my ass and crosses the broken yellow sits next to me for a second and just flys past me then gets back in front of me immediatly to slow down from top of 4th gear speeds immediatly into a 15mph double 90 degree s turn. both get sideways pretty much awd drift the turns and were gone. at the end of the run. I ask him what turbo he is running, thinking it obviusly most be a bigger turbo. he says its stock. then i ask how many pounds of boost hes running. He takes a second and looks at his gauge and looks back and says just peaked 33psi. I was like wtf, impossible. then he says he has meth/alky injection. Damn him.. and to add insult to injury he says he just sold a jdm swapped gc8 for the evo. WTF.... anyway good times it was fun, and he had his gf in the car the whole time. she wasn't even flippin out. mine would have went nuts.
    Last edited by 06wrxdude; 12-21-2006 at 06:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NIce kills and death
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

ur just cobb stage 2.5 right ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I think it's a terrible idea to do these street races, especially when you have someone else in the car with you. I mean, solo, it's acceptable, everyone has done it. But with someone in the car? Nuts.

Anyway, what kind of numbers are you putting down on that protune? It's on the TD04?
    2006 WRX TR

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    thats some mad tyte races yo!!!
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    thats some mad tyte races yo!!!
    fo sho

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    ur just cobb stage 2.5 right ?
    Yeah, are you COBB stage 2 (programmer and turboback exhaust, right?) and what is stage 2.5?

If what you are saying is true, then those are some really good kills.

Yeah I am Protuned cobb stage 2. I'm not sure what stage 2.5 is. I have Catless turboback and accessport. Thats it...I have taken older evo's rx8's,etc I can't wait for my new turbo and other goodies this spring. I just think the 06 is an amazing machine for the money.I'm not exactly the worst driver either. I think driver skill has played a major role in those races as well. None of these races were like I obliterated them or anything, just pulled marginabley. My car is still very slow compared to alot of whats out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxdude View Post
    Yeah I am Protuned cobb stage 2. I'm not sure what stage 2.5 is. I have Catless turboback and accessport. Thats it...I have taken older evo's rx8's,etc I can't wait for my new turbo and other goodies this spring. I just think the 06 is an amazing machine for the money.I'm not exactly the worst driver either. I think driver skill has played a major role in those races as well. None of these races were like I obliterated them or anything, just pulled marginabley. My car is still very slow compared to alot of whats out there.
    Im thinkin of getting a protune now. Was it worth it?
    CGM

Stage 2.5 is a vf39 sti tmic AP TBE
    CGM

Well yes and no. I feel like I lost a little high end not that theres much to begin with, but then again I have instant torque and its very noticable. Torque comes on strong around 2,300rpm maxing out at 3,000rpm stays pretty linear,then falls off right as peak hp is kicking in.If i had a scanner I'd post the dyno sheet for you.feels like a supercharger. It pretty much moved my tq and hp curve way to the left.The pro-tune yeilded about 80 ft/lbs wtq and 30whp over stage 2 and stage 2 by itself was still quick. The tune was good for me though because i't didn't really increase straight line acceration that much, but it did drastically change coming out of sharp low speed turns. Great for auto x/road courses,which is what im all about. The added torque pulls very hard out of turns, usually breaks all 4 wheels loose if you get to happy with the gas. It didn't do that before the tune. So go for it if you have money to burn. I am planning on upgrading the turbo, and I have a jdm v7 sti top mount about to go on for now. might throw a vf39 just to get through winter and to mess around with, but my real goal is fp green maybe a gt35 down the road. not sure if i'm ready for lag as I have absolutley none now with the tiny td04.
    Last edited by 06wrxdude; 12-21-2006 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    Stage 2.5 is a vf39 sti tmic AP TBE
    stage 2.5 is a tbe and ap with a pro tune
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    stage 2.5 is a tbe and ap with a pro tune
    Oh **** my bad.
    CGM

Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    Oh **** my bad.
    its cool N00b
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

WOW! nice kills.......You stayed side by side with a new M3 on 5th gear????

Plus you were doing 125mph topping 4th gear??????

damn! i know i should of waited for the new 06 wrx......dammit.

Oh welll, gotta REP the 2.0L.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast