Protuned 06 Wrx against all!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Protuned 06 Wrx against all!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cool so that means I am stage 2.5.hmmm good to know....

Cool so that means I am stage 2.5.hmmm good to know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    its cool N00b
    Haha i knew you were gonna say that. I swear ive been thinkin that was stg 2.5 . Haha Well theres my idiot statment for the night.
    CGM

The King Of the SOuth

if u wanna kill some expensive cars on the streets with your stock turbo (EVo 9MR and M3 and STis and maybe completely stock cobras) mods turboback exhaust,EBC,ECutek,fuel pump,modified injectors,sti intecooler and you'll be killing some cars on the streets trust me.

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 305wrxPIMP View Post
    if u wanna kill some expensive cars on the streets with your stock turbo (EVo 9MR and M3 and STis and maybe completely stock cobras) mods turboback exhaust,EBC,ECutek,fuel pump,modified injectors,sti intecooler and you'll be killing some cars on the streets trust me.
    Just from reading this post, I am coming to the conclusion that the poster is a Vageye. Ban.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

I'm a Hawk eye,not vageye and have no problem with kills with the mods i have, not one mustang gt has ever come close to me. for what my car is its quick, im not out to beat corvettes with this set up. not yet at least. If i really wanted to blow people away i would just get alky and run this td04 till she blows at 25psi.I hate to admit but i doubt with the mod you listed I would be beating an evo 9. Im not a fan of evo's but those 9's are nothing to mess with.
    Last edited by 06wrxdude; 12-22-2006 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Haha kawk,its hawk

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxdude View Post
    I"m a kawk eye,not vageye
    Whatever you say buddy....

I"m a kawk eye,not vageye and have no problem with kills with the mods i have, not one mustang gt has ever come close to me. for what my car is its quick, im not out to beat corvettes with this set up. not yet at least. If i really wanted to blow people away i would just get alky and run this td04 till she blows at 25psi.I hate to admit but i doubt with the mod you listed I would be beating an evo 9. Im nota fan of evo's but those 9's are nothing to mess with.
    jejejej those MR's9 are nothing to be afraid of trust me !!well im talking about stock MR's modded ?? i don't know!! if you could take'em

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    Whatever you say buddy....

to me a sec. to figure that out...
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    to me a sec. to figure that out...
    I don't know what the deal is with these-- whatever the fvck they are...

before this gets too carried away, My puprose of this post was to depict my horrible spelling and to show that the 06 wrx platform while not perfect is still amazing. With minimal mods I have a daily drivable car that has smoked cars way out of its class straight line, and I have yet to have anyone keep up with me through the turns except one heavily modded silver evo which was well... heavily modded suspension and motor. I havn't even installed my suspension yet,going to wait till spring. The only other upgrade is cusco strut bars(not sure if they do anything at this point,car still has an ass load of bodyrole) and dba4000 rotors with hawk pads and goodrich stainless line with motul dot4/600 brake fluid. If your going to play at those speeds its nice to be able to stop,and this set up stops. In my area its mostly rich mid-life -crisis guys in their gt stangs and M3's thinking they are gonna walk on me. So i Just show them whats up. Also mostly highschoolers whos parents bought them evo-s, srt-4's cobalt ss's and Sti's. While these kids have the car,they have none of the skill behind driving them and usually wreck them with in months,only to be repaired and sold to the mid-life crisis guy who has no clue hes driving around in a rebuilt car,cause half the time insurance claimsare never made, they just pay out of pocket. Thier parents should be dishing ou the money for skip barber instead of $35,000 300 hp cars to learn on.

Well yes and no. I feel like I lost a little high end not that theres much to begin with, but then again I have instant torque and its very noticable..... It pretty much moved my tq and hp curve way to the left.The pro-tune yeilded about 80 ft/lbs wtq and 30whp over stage 2 and stage 2 by itself was still quick.
    btw, Cobb's dyno shows Stg. 2 off the shelf maps yields 271 aw lbs-ft, 224 aw hp... My dyno run on stg.2 just reads 1 less in hp/torque than Cobb's.

So I think your protune gained you 18 awhp, and 21 aw lbs-ft torque over Stg. 2 by itself. If your 30/80 gain is true you would've had 212/212 hp/torque (Calculated using your 242 whp minus 30 whp and 292 wlbs-ft minus 80 wlbs-ft)... which is pretty low for an 06 on Stg. 2. Also, the peak toruqe on the OTS map is at about 3,000 too so I don't think the curve really moved.

Not trying to be a jerk... Just making sure other people researching protuned Stg. 2 06 WRXs see what the realistic gains are.

Its nice to know our rides can take a good number of cars though Hawk-eyes FTW!
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

I Support ClubWRX
    before this gets too carried away, My puprose of this post was to depict my horrible spelling and to show that the 06 wrx platform while not perfect is still amazing. With minimal mods I have a daily drivable car that has smoked cars way out of its class straight line, and I have yet to have anyone keep up with me through the turns except one heavily modded silver evo which was well... heavily modded suspension and motor. I havn't even installed my suspension yet,going to wait till spring. The only other upgrade is cusco strut bars(not sure if they do anything at this point,car still has an ass load of bodyrole) and dba4000 rotors with hawk pads and goodrich stainless line with motul dot4/600 brake fluid. If your going to play at those speeds its nice to be able to stop,and this set up stops. In my area its mostly rich mid-life -crisis guys in their gt stangs and M3's thinking they are gonna walk on me. So i Just show them whats up. Also mostly highschoolers whos parents bought them evo-s, srt-4's cobalt ss's and Sti's. While these kids have the car,they have none of the skill behind driving them and usually wreck them with in months,only to be repaired and sold to the mid-life crisis guy who has no clue hes driving around in a rebuilt car,cause half the time insurance claimsare never made, they just pay out of pocket. Thier parents should be dishing ou the money for skip barber instead of $35,000 300 hp cars to learn on.

Sorry for the hijack bro. Those are nice kills!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

no glad you pointed that out,I think im gonna go back for a re-tune once I start with more mods, well im looking at my dyno sheet now. It shows stage 2 base tq at 218.3ft/lb wtq @95mph @ 4868rpm ratio 3.596 tcf 1.I don't know what ratio or tcf is. Then stage 2 base hp is 214.4whp@99mph @ 5089rpm.
    Now after the tune it was 292.1ft/lb wtq @59mph @3014rpm ( gain 73.9ft/lb wtq) Hp SAE after tune was 242.0 @91mph @ 4659rpm ( gain 27.6 whp)
    These numbers are from a DYNAPACK Chassis Dynamometers. ANd after looking at the curve,your right it didn't move it way to the left but fattened it up and sustained it in lower rpms up to abut 4,200rpm. I'm still learning,so any help would be apreciated. I was under the understanding that those numbers for cobb stage 2 are @ the crank not wheel. I know this doesn't clear much up but thats my numbers Im looking right at my dyno sheet. and the tuner said those were good numbers for an 06. If my OTS stage 2 was that off then I can't begin to imagine what was wrong. My car has been hitting boost targets actually a little more + .6-.8psi more at my ots stage 2 according to Accessport live boost.I remeber at Ots stage 2 i was hitting 15 psi in 4th i think and 16 something in 5th before droping down to like 12 something by 5,000rpm. Now pro-tuned 4th and 5th im getting 18 psi steady to 20 even 21 on spikes(not good) but i was told its all with in parameters and it won't hurt my car.Hit fuel cut on one particulary cold night in top of 5th. kinda pissed me off alot. Time for a re-tune,or revised map from my tuner. It feels good though, so i think everything is cool. Either my ots was whacked out, or yours was a better map.
    Last edited by 06wrxdude; 12-22-2006 at 05:05 PM.

sounds like you had some good races

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    Just from reading this post, I am coming to the conclusion that the poster is a Vageye. Ban.
    ban +1
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast