02 bugeye vs. 5.0 mustang
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 bugeye vs. 5.0 mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok so i was leaving work about a week ago and this late 80's 5 litre pulled up behind me ...

Registered User lovetheboost121's Avatar

02 bugeye vs. 5.0 mustang

ok so i was leaving work about a week ago and this late 80's 5 litre pulled up behind me at a light and started revving his engine, i was like wtf but just ignored him and went on my way.

well the guy follows me all the way home (which is 10 miles out of town) and asks me why i didn't stop at the local racing spot. well he asks me to go up and race him cuz he thinks the world of his car, i agreed.

when i got up there he started asking me all kinds of questions about my car, the dirty bastard thought my car was front wheel drive, and then asked me what type of car it was, "who the hell would have the nerve to follow somebody for 10 miles and ask them to race and not even know what the hell he is racing?"

anyways he had 2 girls in his car and was acting like a bad ass, the first time i smoked him by like 3 cars and the second time he jumped the gun big time and in a hurry i missed second gear, found it then beat him by 1 or 2 cars, you want to talk about an embarrased person, well thats the only racing story i have and thought it was pretty sad!!
    Last edited by lovetheboost121; 12-19-2006 at 11:28 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lovetheboost121 View Post
    ok so i was leaving work about a week ago and this late 80's 5 litre pulled up behind me at a light and started revving his engine, i was like wtf but just ignored him and went on my way.

well the guy follows me all the way home (which is 10 miles out of town) and asks me why i didn't stop at the local racing spot. well he asks me to go up and race him cuz he thinks the world of his car, i agreed.

when i got up there he started asking me all kinds of questions about my car, the dirty bastard thought my car was front wheel drive, and then asked me what type of car it was, "who the hell would have the nerve to follow somebody for 10 miles and ask them to race and not even know what the hell he is racing?"

anyways he had 2 girls in his car and was acting like a bad ass, the first time i smoked him by like 6 cars and the second time he jumped the gun big time and in a hurry i missed second gear, found it then beat him by 2 cars, you want to talk about an embarrased person, well thats the only racing story i have and thought it was pretty sad!!
    what modifications do you have? what year mustang?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

bigger intercooler, short shifter, turbo back, waiting for uppipe to come in then going stage 2, and suspension work and i want to say 87-89 maybe 90 mustang

bigger intercooler, short shifter, turbo back, waiting for uppipe to come in then going stage 2, and suspension work and i want to say 87-89 maybe 90 mustang
    no EM with that setup?

get some soon!

yeah in about 3 weeks just waiting on uppipe, but i am very happy with it my goal is to beat my buddie's srt-4 with utec, turbo back, and huge fmic, we'll see how it goes

yeah in about 3 weeks just waiting on uppipe, but i am very happy with it my goal is to beat my buddie's srt-4 with utec, turbo back, and huge fmic, we'll see how it goes
    throw a dyno tune on

go from a dig and show him AWD > ALL
    **** off with your candy paint jobs and spoilers that are 8x too big , I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

Why is he a dirty bastard because he didn't know anything about your car?

Do you know anything about his?
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

well the guy is a jerk that always talks crap and doesn't even know how his car works but i shouldn't have called him that and actually i know a lot about his car v8's used to be my passion

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a shame you think he's a jerk. He followed you for 10 miles, it sounds like he's quite fond of you.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i never thought an untuned WRX with those mods would outrun a 5.0L. especially missing a gear in the one run.

yeah i dont know what the deal was i didn't even launch my car hard because i have heard bad things about the tranny and i am afraid of breaking it, but he did have 2 people in the car with him and i am running 15lbs of boost but i was expecting to lose to be honest

how about wheels? stock rims?

i'm trying to deterin what attracts more races, rims or exhaust.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

well the late 80's early 90's mustangs were pretty much dogs. 220hp I belive.

now if you get in the low 80's the 5.0 was still carbureted and they were quite a bit better.

and of course they got better as the 90's progressed. But the early 90's were horable for mustang. Now they can be modded like crazy and end up scary. But if it was stock or anywhere near I can see how you took him.

heh I always loved beating those mustangs in my Taurus SHO. Talk about a confused mustang driver when the 4 door Taurus pounds you.

I wish I still had my SHO around to drive every once in a while. Too bad it was a damn biatch to keep in good condition and any engine parts were outragous.

my old sho

oh the faces of people that didnt know what an SHO was when I lifted the hood. Yamaha built engine FTW

Last edited by sigurd; 12-19-2006 at 05:14 PM.

i have black 18 in rims but i dont know what brand they are they came on the car when i bought it

Quote Originally Posted by motormike View Post
    throw a dyno tune on

go from a dig and show him AWD > ALL
    Until they are on a good tire and know what they are doing, then we're in for some ****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast